Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Depends how you look at it, Vlaar isn't a Vidic or Ferdinand but is miles better than what they have now.

Vlaar is miles better than both of them now maybe not 5 years ago. That block from Bojan epitomised him and you could tell his presence raised the game of those around him. He and Senderos had a good understanding too for their first game.

We have to keep him at all costs. Offer him 50k and a 3 year extension, if he refuses keep him for the season anyway. Will be worth it in the long run. Might miss out on an up to £10m fee but if we went down we'd miss out on 70 odd million or however much you get for staying up. Cant see him kickin up a fuss either way

Given that United are now playing with a back-three and lost both Ferdinand and Vidić, I think they'll look to replace both. So even if they sign a big money centre-back, I wouldn't rule them out moving for Vlaar too.

Given that United are now playing with a back-three and lost both Ferdinand and Vidić, I think they'll look to replace both. So even if they sign a big money centre-back, I wouldn't rule them out moving for Vlaar too.

Exactly. Plus they may even decide to replace Smalling.

The transfer window can't close fast enough.

If we are looking to build and have a more successful season we just cannot let him go at this stage. It would be giving up one of our most consistent performers, and it would be a blow to the dressing room as well, particularly when it is probably building up a buoyant head of steam just at the moment. 

I've said in another thread we suddenly look like we have a good keeper and decent defensive options now including Sanchez. That sort of position is where successful teams start from. If we take away from that by letting go of our skipper we'd be seriously shooting ourselves in the foot in my view. 

If we are looking to build and have a more successful season we just cannot let him go at this stage. It would be giving up one of our most consistent performers, and it would be a blow to the dressing room as well, particularly when it is probably building up a buoyant head of steam just at the moment. 

I've said in another thread we suddenly look like we have a good keeper and decent defensive options now including Sanchez. That sort of position is where successful teams start from. If we take away from that by letting go of our skipper we'd be seriously shooting ourselves in the foot in my view. 

Really - must say I'm having doubts about Guzan. 

Just because of his kicking yesterday? Oh come on, that can be easily improved

Indeed. Good thing he's not an outfield player and can use his hands to stop goals....

... like he did in the first half getting down smartly to a shot that bounced just before him. Good save, that.

Yeah his kicking was awful yesterday but it's not normally anywhere near as bad as that.

I just hope it's not a by product in training with Given.

Yeah his kicking was awful yesterday but it's not normally anywhere near as bad as that.
I just hope it's not a by product in training with Given.

It's not an excuse in the slightest, but a major bug-bear of mine is the fact our players (including Vlaar above played with him for while now) STILL pass it back to Guzan's right foot. Now keepers are bad with their feet at the best of times, but to continually get it on your wrong foot in a pressure situation, it's just an additional variable we don't need!

His lack of tweets about villa is a real concern. It's only small but after the hugs and reaction yesterday I was expecting a tweet from our captain as usual but nothing. I have a feeling he doesn't want to be seen as hypocritical when he does leave.

It's a real shame as I think he's the difference between a top half finish or a relegation battle. Him and senderos = good partnership, senderos and Clarke/baker/Okore = relegation centre half's

His lack of tweets about villa is a real concern. It's only small but after the hugs and reaction yesterday I was expecting a tweet from our captain as usual but nothing. I have a feeling he doesn't want to be seen as hypocritical when he does leave.

It's a real shame as I think he's the difference between a top half finish or a relegation battle. Him and senderos = good partnership, senderos and Clarke/baker/Okore = relegation centre half's

He's not really a prolific tweeter as far as I know so I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 2

He's not really a prolific tweeter as far as I know so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I think its just easy to get daz316 wobblin.

• Like 3

Daz, Ron is just playing with you! He knows how easy it is to get you going!

• Like 3

Â