Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Dawson has basically morphed into another Senderos in recent years, dropping at least one clanger per game. Our defence would be considerably weaker than last season (which is saying something) if he happened to be Vlaar's replacement.

Dawson has basically morphed into another Senderos in recent years, dropping at least one clanger per game. Our defence would be considerably weaker than last season (which is saying something) if he happened to be Vlaar's replacement.

I think it is about as likely as us signing Jermaine Jena... oh wait

To be fair if this is true it wouldn't be the worst thing, we could hopefully replace Vlaar, make money and address other areas of the team such as midfield. It depends who the players would be that come in as it's written as if it could be anyone. Personally I'd want Capoue as part of that deal, as he isn't a regular there so would probably come, he plays in a position we're lacking and can fill in at centre back too

• Like 1

A 24-year-old creative mid plus cash for a 29-year-old injury-prone defender? That is a tough deal to pass up.

If we could line up another defender before we made the move, I would be for it. Every player has a value no matter how important they are to the club, and I think that is getting awful close to Vlaar's. 

Really don't think there's anything in this.

I'm getting flashbacks of a certain team coming in for Benteke, us all grabbing the pitchforks and then him having a bang average season (and people wondering whether we should have cashed in after all!!). I hope the same doesn't happen with Ron.

Benteke was fantastic when he was actually fit. I certainly don't think we should've cashed in. Look at his record from August to September and then January to March.

Edited by Mantis

I kind of warm up to the idea of player swaps and loans, as this would secure the return for Vlaar would be re-invested, instead of a cash deal where we don't know whether Lambert gets to invest the money.

Problem is obviously that we would get offered rejects.

Levy is a clever one..he likes swaps as instantly gets the wages off bill for new player coming in.

As for this suggestion Holtby would be good but Dawson is slow and more injury prone than Vlaar.Both of decent wages too so no chance of it happening

Also if its in the mirror and not by Nursey then is generally going to be not true.

why do people think something written in the Mirror is true?

edit - hmmm it's in the Daily Facist

Even less likely to be true then if it's in the mail aswell!!

If spurs want vlaar a cash deal + capoue will be great. Then we can buy smalling for about 7m

Smalling........ :puke: THE worst defender in the Prem.. Brilliant!!

hang on. But surely we have the worst. Didn't fans on here say senderos is shite? Seems senderos is not the worst. Make up ur minds fellow fans.
  • Like 1

Guys let's get some perspective here. Smalling is not good enough for Man U. He would be one of our best defenders and probably isn't that far behind Vlaar.

You don't play so many games for Man U if you're the worst defender in the league.

If spurs want vlaar a cash deal + capoue will be great. Then we can buy smalling for about 7m

Smalling........ :puke: THE worst defender in the Prem.. Brilliant!!

hang on. But surely we have the worst. Didn't fans on here say senderos is shite? Seems senderos is not the worst. Make up ur minds fellow fans.

Exactly! lol... they so bloody dramatic it's unreal!

Would definitely take Holtby from what I've seen. he hasn't been given a chance but is that because he hasn't got the ability and just looks good in glimpses very much like Ireland?

Wenger has been talking today about how FIFA rules say players must get a 4 week break after the World Cup. Vlaar played July 12th against Brazil, does that mean he won't even start his preseason until August 10th? Is he going to miss the Stoke game?

Oh dear oh dear.

Â