Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Would he get in the best world cup 11?

Close for me. Have been discussing World Cup 11's on another forum and the consensus for "outstanding" CB's seems to be;

Rafael Marquez

Thiago Silva

Mats Hummels

Ron Vlaar

Mario Yepes

No Vincent Kompany in there?

Poor against Argentina. Gave away the ball which lead to the goal.

He wont keep us up on his own I think we are down anyway next season so i'd flog him

I don't understand why people are so pessimistic, we stayed up last year and we've added experience already this summer. I can't see us being so unlucky with injuries either. If Randy has realised he can't sell then he knows we can spend a certain amount without going in the red so hopefully we will be signing a few more.

• Like 3

Those criticising Concrete Ron, think of him like this.

Ron Vlaar is a dung beetle. Whereever he looked last season there has been a massive pile of shit  in front of him. He can't be expected to lift the performance of the other 9 outfield players all by himself.

You put Vlaar in a quality team with quality players and he looks like a different bloke. £10m for him is an absolute steal and when he goes Manyoo will be very lucky to have him.

So... what would you rather....

Sell Vlaar now for £5m and use that money trusting Lambert to re-invest in another defender?

Or

Reject 5m and let his contract expire?

It would be very difficult to find another International defender who is used to playing in the Premier League for 5M.

As for Man U signing Vlaar. I've spoken to a few Man U fans who do not think he is good enough. Id agree he probably isn't good enough for firs choice but as a 3rd, 4th choice defender he would be good for them.

Surely not all their signings can be 20M +

Sell Vlaar now for £5m and use that money trusting Lambert to re-invest in another defender?

Or

It would be very difficult to find another International defender who is used to playing in the Premier League for 5M.

As for Man U signing Vlaar. I've spoken to a few Man U fans who do not think he is good enough. Id agree he probably isn't good enough for firs choice but as a 3rd, 4th choice defender he would be good for them.

ManYoo's first choice centre back pairing is Jones and Smalling. Vlaar shites all over the pair of them. With no CL football on offer, and the fact they are not even the 5th best team in England at the moment ManYoo will have to start taking whats available. Vlaar with the Van Gaal kink would be very good business for them.

• Like 2

Or

ManYoo's first choice centre back pairing is Jones and Smalling. Vlaar shites all over the pair of them. With no CL football on offer, and the fact they are not even the 5th best team in England at the moment ManYoo will have to start taking whats available. Vlaar with the Van Gaal kink would be very good business for them.

I don't wanna know about his personal relationship with Van Gaal thanks ;)

• Like 2

Or

ManYoo's first choice centre back pairing is Jones and Smalling. Vlaar shites all over the pair of them. With no CL football on offer, and the fact they are not even the 5th best team in England at the moment ManYoo will have to start taking whats available. Vlaar with the Van Gaal kink would be very good business for them.

I don't wanna know about his personal relationship with Van Gaal thanks ;)

I noticed that fruedian slip but enjoyed it too much to edit it.

• Like 1

He wont keep us up on his own I think we are down anyway next season so i'd flog him

Might as well just sell the squad...

...and Bodymoor Heath...

...and Villa Park...

...and just give up on football.

:bang:

• Like 3

The vine of Ron's penalty shows it actually stopped on the line, so didn't count.

And Ron clearly noticed as he starts pointing to it as its rolling towards the goal to show the ref that its going in

Oi you should be enjoying your holiday. get off here and get back to the Thai beach. ;)

haha touché ;)

Just killing time whilst the girlfriend gets ready!

Girl getting ready? Yep that'll be a lot of time to kill then.

no word of a lie, I got ready, from naked to fully clothed and ready to go out, in the time that it took for her to put her shoes on.

Might as well just sell the squad...

...and Bodymoor Heath...

...and Villa Park...

...and just give up on football.

:bang:

That's exactly what Randy is trying to do!  ;)

• Like 1

I'll be amazed if nobody comes in for Vlaar after his showing at this World Cup. He's been unbelievably consistent in every game. With just a year left on his contract, it's going to take some deal and powers of persuasion from Villa to keep him.

Â