Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

We really should have got a loan in to cover for Vlaar.  It is the biggest single point of failure in our team.

Agreed it was very short sighted not to get a loan in. My guess they hoped Vlaar would be OK and are banking on getting Okore back before the end of the season.

Another example of a penny pinching gamble?

I imagine they decided they had 4 dedicated centrebacks on the books, plus 2 or 3 others who can play there at a push (Lowton, Herd, Bertrand) so signing another CB probably wasn't a priority.

Hmmn, thats bad news, can't see us beating West Ham now as it's almost inevitable they'll get at least 2 goals now, unless we get three or more i suppose which our strikers are capable of but not so sure against West Ham's defence. .. Can see them just shutting us out and catching us on the break a couple of times. 

I'm hopeful that Vlaar being just doubtful means it might just be this one game he's out for.

I'd say if Carroll gets to play he'll play as he'll bully the others hopefully not but I have no faith in Clark/baker together!

I love Vlaar but we need to learn to win without him.

Baker has been pretty bad this season.

I can easily see Lambert panicking again and playing a flat back 5

Guzan

Bacuna - Lowton - Baker - Clark - Bertrand

Westwood - Delph

Weimann - Benteke - Gabby

The combo of Bacuna and Lowton on the right does allow options going fwd as well I suppose.

Â