Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Which is silly because he was the best of a bad bunch in that game. He seems to be a scapegoat for fans and oddly managers alike for whatever reason.

Lambert has done exactly the same cold shoulder treatment to the likes of, Hutton, Bent, Ireland, Warnock, Given Ect 

Disgusting and disgracful IMHO! Not the professional way to treat human beings.

Edited by sutherland

Sutherland, your forgetting that up until January Ireland was very much in the thoughts of Lambert, Much like Warnock had been given a chance till the Forest game in Pre-Season, just as Given had started the first few games before some shoddy work at home against Everton meant Brad got the chance, has he let us down? i don't think so.

Excluding Hutton, everyone has been given a fair crack, and in the end, he's turned out to be vindicated in playing Benteke instead of Bent, because we've thrived when Benteke has been on song, while Darren seems quite comfortable what ever dwindling role he's got at our club.

The four you've mentioned (excluding Warnock whose already gone) should be the first people out the door in the summer, you can add Dunne to that list too.

Which is silly because he was the best of a bad bunch in that game. He seems to be a scapegoat for fans and oddly managers alike for whatever reason.

Lambert has done exactly the same cold shoulder treatment to the likes of, Hutton, Bent, Ireland, Warnock, Given Ect 

I'm not sure that Alan Hutton qualifies as a human being.

• Like 2

He was probably the best player we had that night and was only player still running when it looked sown and out at 4-2 on aggregate.

Cant blame Ireland the manager lost the plot that night

Boo hoo, he's earning good money to do **** all. Think of it that way.

He was probably the best player we had that night and was only player still running when it looked sown and out at 4-2 on aggregate.

It's weird really the treatment he gets. 

It's weird really the treatment he gets. 

Yeah I think this too. You always get the same people coming on and saying he's "lazy" etc when quite clearly he's not. I don't think he's the saviour by any means but it's weird how he's been frozen out. Must be a personality thing, i dunno, but I know he works hard in training all the time. Would like to hear from Gazton on the matter really.  

it's infuriating but he's been frozen out by more than one manager, he must have had some kind of a row with Lambert. It feels like he has been made the fall guy for something and it's hard to fathom why. We badly miss creativity in midfield and playing four strikers doesn't ever seem to work for 90 mins. But Lambert won't play a 442 as he has no faith in the players we have, yes we play well but never for an entire game.

It does feel like we are running some players into the ground considering how many players now rarely get a look in

Holman, Ireland, Bent, KEA, Dawkins, Bannan, Lichaj, Given

That is a lot of players who barely figure - not saying they necessarily deserve to start but there will be a big clear out in the summer even if we stay up.

I can see him hanging his boots up after his villa contract. Nobody else is going to offer him anywhere near the money he's on here and I can't see him playing for 10 or 15k a week

But arguably a very professional way to treat unprofessional professionals - with the exception of Given, there are some poor examples to our young pros on that list.

He's only had 3 PL starts all season. I'm not a fan of his but I have to concede he hasn't really been given a chance by Lambert.

I think if you look and read between the lines of that stat, it will point to another possable reason. I mean, eveyone had forgotten about him when he was at Citeh. Coincidence?

But arguably a very professional way to treat unprofessional professionals - with the exception of Given, there are some poor examples to our young pros on that list.

hard to say they are unprofessionals though. As bad as Warnock and Hutton are ive never really felt was lack of effort but talent that cost them

Â