Stephen Ireland

omariqy

If we can shift him to someone like QPR for around 5 or 6M I would bite their hands off and be thrilled about what Lamber could do with that considering what he has found so far for less than that

Would you want him to go to a 'relgation rival'?

Is it just me that thinks we looked a lot more penetrative once Ireland came on last night. I know he's inconsistent but the lad has the skills to back it up. Some of his lay offs and darting runs were an absolute breath of fresh air after 70 minutes of stand offish football from both sides. Of course, he also gave the ball away too cheaply once or twice, but there's the price you pay in my opinion.

I want him in next weekend, for Holman.

He gave us the impetus to win that game. Not sure if he would've done that from the start. However, he has been one of our betters players this season and I would start him most games, certainly all home games.

he also gave the ball away in a couple of crucial situations just as KEA did against arsenal and got battered for it on here.

i'd like to see him playing though, i think KEA would be better sat in front of the defence working his bollocks off and have bannan and westwood and ireland to give the ball to. no width though i spose like that....

I am actually quite a fan of Ireland. He offers something a bit different. He may not be the most gifted player but he just adds a different dimension and he is one of our few players who will pile forward with at least some effect

"Gave ball away", that shtick is so fookin' overused that it's become a joke. Show me one player who have never given ball away or haven't given a poor pass. When Ireland has played for us this season, the whole team has played better, he creates space, links up play better than anyone in the squad and makes the game generally flow smoother, he should be starting every game he is fit enough. I know some people won't agree with me on this but when he's playing he seems to give more confidence to the younger players and calms them down, probably because they know they can rely on him.

We really need another player like that so we can rotate Ireland with him so neither of them would get burned out.

I'm a big fan of Stevie and think he is harshly criticised on here due to his high wages and expectations which are too high also.

Remember this was a young player who had one good season at Man City before all the superstars came in - he is not a player who could get in a top four team regularly and I think he admitted as much recently.

But that said, he is by and away our best midfielder and has a lot of quality for a club such as ours. He is inconsistent, yes, but constantly being brought back and then dropped again throughout his Villa career cannot have helped. He needs a long run in the team and for people to put their faith in him.

When he came on yesterday, the difference in quality, intelligence and composure on the ball was stark. He has also shone in other games this season such as Sunderland and Newcastle away - in the latter match he completely ran the show against some stiff midfield opposition.

He was one of our better players against Manchester City and I can't for the life of me work out why he has been dropped since. He must start at QPR, simple.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Stevie and think he is harshly criticised on here due to his high wages and expectations which are too high also.

Remember this was a young player who had one good season at Man City before all the superstars came in - he is not a player who could get in a top four team regularly and I think he admitted as much recently.

But that said, he is by and away our best midfielder and has a lot of quality for a club such as ours. He is inconsistent, yes, but constantly being brought back and then dropped again throughout his Villa career cannot have helped. He needs a long run in the team and for people to put their faith in him.

When he came on yesterday, the difference in quality, intelligence and composure on the ball was stark. He has also shone in other games this season such as Sunderland and Newcastle away - in the latter match he completely ran the show against some stiff midfield opposition.

He was one of our better players against Manchester City and I can't for the life of me work out why he has been dropped since. He must start at QPR, simple.

I agree, he needs to be afforded the same chance as the likes of Weimann, Lowton and co. He needs to be given a solid run of games where he's not dropped after the first average performance.

Before Ireland came on last night, Westwood was the only one who had the air of quality about him, where he could receive the ball from anywhere and he could control it, and move it to someone else without any worry that it would be a bad pass, or he would catch it wrong etc.

Ireland came on and instantly we had 2 players who were like that. His touch is, and always has been, sublime. His application and work rate has always been questioned but I've only ever seen him work his bollocks off (this season at least).

Our most technically gifted player by a long way in my opinion. Just wish the confidence would come back because when he tries things, they generally work.

A reminder of what he can do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOKva_tBKQ

Â