General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General please make sure u and Randy dont take any notice of any negative comments on the site...

some villa fans cant help but be pessimistic after the years and years of decline and false dawns..

the majority here dont expect instant success and we know it will take time...

quick question about the transfer window, I know you cant give details but is it looking promising or are Randy and Martin having difficulty finding available players of the right quality?

Again thanks for taking the time out to talk to us here, you really dont know how refreshing it is.....

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

Today's game was critical...we needed, at least, one point. We got it. The lads played their hearts out. I am sure we will all find something we wish had gone better but...a point from Chelsea right now...with a real hard effort by Villa...is a good place to start 2007.

PLEASE believe that Randy and all of us want what you want....VICTORY, CONSISTENTLY! It WILL take some time.

From the horses mouth and all that......

Not that im calling you a horse of course Mr General Sir......

Errm.... :?

But too many fans were expecting mircles and after the start we had I suppose it was to be expected.

My feet are firmly stuck to the ground. I'm in it for the Long run General, Just like MON Randy and your good self!!

General Krulak here:

Today's game was critical...we needed, at least, one point. We got it. The lads played their hearts out. I am sure we will all find something we wish had gone better but...a point from Chelsea right now...with a real hard effort by Villa...is a good place to start 2007.

PLEASE believe that Randy and all of us want what you want....VICTORY, CONSISTENTLY! It WILL take some time.

Never any doubt about that in my mind, General. You guys have been excellent so far, and I'm sure all of us have faith in you to deliver success. Keep up the good work, Sirs, and feel free to purchase some class players in January. I won't mind, honest :winkold:

As for the game - great effort and commitment from the lads, and that is essential if we want a successful second half of the season. Add a couple of experienced players to this squad, and we'll do all right.

Happy New Year, General. Give Randy my best :)

quick question about the transfer window, I know you cant give details but is it looking promising or are Randy and Martin having difficulty finding available players of the right quality?

At the risk of speaking for the general: It has been repeated many times in this thread that RL will not be involved in the day to day running of the club. He is not going to run the club like Ellis, he is putting in place a business team which will make these kind of decisions.

General Krulak here:

General

Firstly,thanks for taking the time & effort to post on this board,its great to read your comments.I wonder if there is a possibility of considering re-positioning visiting supporters so they are not so near the pitch.By having away supporters so near to the pitch can only give visiting teams assistance.I'm sure our own team would much prefer all four sides of the ground (at pitch level) to be housing Villa supporters & have noticed over the past few years that many of our opponents have shifted visiting supporters into corners & positions where their support will have the minimum effect.In past home FA cup ties we have allowed visitors to ocupy half of our ground at pitch level.

I have read your comments stating that we are all in this together & genuinely believe this is how yourself & Randy wish to do things (wherever possible).You have not yet seen anything like the atmosphere Villa Park is capeable of creating but I am convinced that as we move forward towards our goals,things will gather momentum & we can have support from all four stands.

Upper Holte food service was abysmal tonight, a sign scribbled on a piece of paper saying no chips (while they happily served chips) then they ran out of chips and had no burgers when i got to the front after leaving 5 mins before the end of the first half. Rather anoying as i dont usually get any food.

Hi General, better game today than last time out definitely, did you actually get to see it over there or just hear about it?

Just one question as I haven't read it anywhere, I know you're out the country at the moment but what about Randy? I'm well aware its not essential for him to be in this country for business to be done, we live in the 21st century, just wondered that's all.

And thanks for sorting me out again today (well thanks to Nicola as well), I really do appreciate it.

How many club directors would post a message on a fans forum so soon after a crucial match? ANswer none!

General, I hope you and your family, and I extend this to Randy and everyone involved with Villa and their families, had a great christmas.

I've not posted for a while dut to a few financial problems but hey, I need my Villa fix. I just want to say how great it is what you are all doing for our club. Yes no signings in the window yet, if at all, BUT...

By being so in reach of us humble, supporters you all show a great normality and hmbleness to yourselves and enforce to us all that, having American family and been to your wonderfual country on tso many occasions, that you are generous people who are passionate for tradition and who believe in the collective,.

I wish you all the best, to you, the new board, and Martin and the team.

Stewart

If there were ever any doubts about the true feelings of the Villa fans, then the ovation Martin O'Neill got at the end of the Charlton game, despite just conceding a late goal, says it all. We are 100% behind Villa, Martin and the board.

General Krulak here:

I am now back in US...had to come back to attend a conference in Georgia. Randy, as I mentioned, has moved his family over to the UK and will be operating out of London...but will be spending time with Martin and Richard over the next weeks. All Directors will be over to UK in the coming days and weeks. NONE of us wants to interfere with Martin and Richard as they operate the Club. We have great folks doing the day-to-day for us.

If there were ever any doubts about the true feelings of the Villa fans, then the ovation Martin O'Neill got at the end of the Charlton game, despite just conceding a late goal, says it all. We are 100% behind Villa, Martin and the board.

His humility speaks volumes when he came over to the away fans and held his hand up to say sorry.

Cleavland Browns have a General manager, will that be something Villa park might soon have as well or will it just be down to the CEO? Must be a massive job but also makes sense to have one person to deal with.

General,

Just a couple of quick questions -

Is the recruiting of the board/club officials now complete with the latest arrival of Richard Fitzgerald? If so, do you and Mr Lerner now feel that the people at the club can take it forward and become a successful and profitable business off the field?

Finally, I would also be interested to know what you and Mr Lerner thought of your Chelsea counterparts last night (ie Mr Kenyon and Mr Arbramovwich) and how receptive other Premiership Chairman/Chief Executive's have been towards you to date?

Inappropriate posts deleted so to keep this on topic

General,

Just wondered if you are being kept up to date with how transfer proceedings are going? Do you know Martin's targets? And whether bids are going in yet? Obviously not asking WHETHER bids have gone in, and who they are for, just interested to see if it kept very much to Richard, Martin and Randy, or whether everyone is involved.

Bumped. We can't have the General thread off page 1

Hi General

1) Have we made any bids yet for any of Martin's targets? Not asking who they are but have we started trying to add to the squad yet? This is one of the most frustrating times of the year for us football supporters!

2) What plans do the club have in dealing with the local media? You may or may not be aware that prior to Randy buying Aston Villa that our main local newspaper had for some time been very biased towards the shower down the road from us. Their reporting on us has improved a little since the takeover but they still report on us negatively when they can. For instance when reporting on MON praise of the Villa fans at CHelsea game they had to put into the article that the crowd was 1500 down on previous sell outs this season against Man Utd and Spurs whilst conveniently forgetting to report that this was due mainyt to Chelsea' inability to sell out. Are we actively trying to improve relations with the local media?

Oh and finally welcome to Villa And Happy New Year.

Regards

Fuse

It's a fair enough question Fuse but the General has explained elsewhere in the thread that these matters are handled by the manager and by the new CEO, who are looking at all of the day to day matters regarding the squad. It would be innappropriate for the General to expose them here !

I think what Fuse is getting at, and what we all would like to know, is how much we are going to spend and on whom, because at the end of the day despite all the great work at Bodymoor, on the Holte Inn, on improvng the matchday experience etc, this is the acid test of our new owners, it is on this point alone that the majority will judge them.

I believe they are fully aware of this and will not let us down.

Happy New Year one and all!

General,

Are there any future plans for an academy or a link up with USA youth soccer/MLS teams in any form. In addition do we have a feeder club in Europe to help deal with work permit issues/playing experience for younger players recruited form across the globe?

Sincerely,

Dom