General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Generals. Absolutely right on Viscount Sir William Slim!! A remarkable leader, motivator, innovator, and warrior. Talk about doing great things with minimal resources!! My comments re. Rommel are similar to Slim...a leader, innovator, with the ability to do a great deal with few resources. In my opinion, what makes a good leader is not necessarity the "flash" of appearance or dynamism of personality...a good leader is first and foremost a man or woman of Character. I define Character as 1) selflessness, 2) moral courage and 3) integrity. We have seen many people who are looked at as leaders who aren't men of character...those supposed leaders have "victories" that are 1) never sweet, 2) never stand the test of time and 3) never serve to inspire anyone...and the fact is, Leaders are in the Inspiration Business!!! To be a great leader, you must be a man or woman of Character.

2. Fan base. You all are spot on!! The midlands has the potential to provide a fan base second to none. Like any other product, we need to be seen as a mark of excellence, we need to be seen as a good value, and we need to be seen as caring. We will achieve these goals and when we do, we will look back at 2006-2008 as the great building years...years that all of us will be VERY proud to say..."we were there at the beginning."

3. I did not see "Gulf War, A Soldier's Story" so I don't know if I was in it. I commanded a Brigade during the Gulf War.

4. Richard Fitzgerald starts work on 1 Jan 2007 but is already doing a great deal for the Club.

5. Steve Stride has a wealth of institutional information and will remain with the Club in essentially his same position.

6. Normally I leave the box about 10 minutes before half-time and start visiting the stands....and will continue to visit until about 10 minutes after half-time. Last game I went to Holte End, Trinity, Holte Suite, MacGregor Suite, and the wheel chair area.

7. I will not be in Houston for the Browns game.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General, interested in your points on leadership, ever considered making a fortune on the seminar circuit? I'd like to add my best wishes to you and yours for a Happy and Healthy New Year. I very much agree with your assessment on a 3 year building program, Rome wasn't built in a day after all and every building needs strong foundations, which I believe we are seeing laid. In Football, success is all about results and they will come with good investment and the bringing on of our own young players over a sustained period. But what you and your colleagues have done is give Villa fans hope for the future. We have waited 25 years for sustained success, another 3 years will not be too much of a hardship.

Hi General - Merry Xmas to you.

Here's a question you may not answer!: What are Randy's specific objectives for the 2006/07, 07/08 and 08/09 seasons? I don't mean 'building for the future', 'developing the infrastructure' or anything as vague as that. I'm talking specific measurable goals such as league placements, cup round achievements, etc. All good organisations have them and I'm sure AVFC are no different.

If you can't say, no probs, just let us know (after all, there are journos watching!). It would be fantastic to know however...

Cheers & have a great New Year with the family...

Happy New Year to you General. Just a random suggestion here but one that cropped up again just recently. I bought a top from Villa Village (poor range of ladies clothes this season though, compared to previous seasons) but my point is, I had to go back and change it as it didn't fit properly. Now IF there had been a changing room, I could have tried it on and got the correct size in the first place. Now I know most men aren't bothered about trying things on, but us ladies like to try before we buy if possible. There is loads of room for a changing room (or two) in the new store and there used to be a cubicle in the old store which was much smaller. I mentioned this to the sales assistant (a very nice helpful girl by the way) and she said that quite a lot of people ask for a changing room - and quite a few of them men! Maybe something to think about? :nod:

I have an image of Hev trying on an AVFC thong....

Post it.

:winkold:

General,

Any chance of getting Mr Fitzgerald to do a sort of welcome interview with us ? We could submit questions to our mods for submission and it would help us get to know the new guy.

Anyway a proper question for the General! I recall you saying that you would be at Charlton in a reply to my good self last week, it now appears that you wont be, is this because of our bad form or circumstance? For all I know you are on your way over as we speak so I will wait and see on this one.

General Krulak here:

Hev in a thong....ouch!! After the Guardian article, my wife won't even talk to me!!!

Changing room...a good idea. We will be redoing the store over time...and we will absolutely be able to put one of those in the new store.

I am sure that Richard would be more than happy to give an interview...he is a super guy and very open. Just have someone ask him.

Randy's goals. He absolutely has them....but I do not think it would be appropriate for me to share them on this forum. I am not worried about you all...but others.

I was going to come over for the game but, to be totally upfront, my son who is in the Forces was able to get leave and bring his family to our house and my other son and his family were able to make it...so I decided to stay home and be with them. Do NOT think that I love Aston Villa any less...but the ARE my only kids. Forgive me.

Of course we would understand, and it's Christmas time so it's only right to spend it with you're family,

and hope you and you're family had a good one, and Randy's,

but was going to ask are you going to the Chelsea game General?,

going to be my second game there, for a sort of Christmas present from a friend,

also '' I bet you would wear it if it guaranteed UEFA cup football Hev?

A sort of .......... "thong for Europe" .... ''

Drat, :shock:!...

I was going to come over for the game but, to be totally upfront, my son who is in the Forces was able to get leave and bring his family to our house and my other son and his family were able to make it...so I decided to stay home and be with them. Do NOT think that I love Aston Villa any less...but the ARE my only kids. Forgive me.

Nothing to appologise for.

... my son who is in the Forces was able to get leave...

Given who you are, and who your father was, that's one brave career choice !

It must have been difficult enough for you, living in the shadow of one General, it's got to be a very strange feeling for him. No pressure !

Hope you and your family have a good time.