General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hey General,

Just a quick question.. i know you wont mention any names... but can you at least tell us if were in deep talks with any players? If so can we expect anything in the next week in regards to a new player(s)?

If Randy really wants to impress and fill out Villa Park.. tell him to go get Klose from Weder Bremen.. and MON would be ecstatic. In all seriousness.. if you could let us know as some of us cannot wait much longer!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Transfer Market. REST ASSURED, everyone is working this hard. When the window opens is not as important as what we look like when it closes. Believe me, we are working hard on this.

Thats what we want to hear! Happy New Year!

:)

General - do you have any espionage skills that can be used to scupper fellow Premiership clubs in the transfer market? :lol:

Hiya General -- the requests come piling in don't they !!

At West Bromwich Albion ( The Baggies ) they have a swipe card season ticket system which must save a lot of time and hassle for fans at the turnstyles.

Don't know what the ROI is, but I think this would make for effienciencies and re-deployment of attendants ?

It shouldn't cost a great deal as the Baggies aren't exactly a wealthy club....

It also allows 50 year year old blokes to use an under 16's season ticket

For those who don't live in London, the transport network uses a similar method (called Oyster). Of course there is fradualent use of this, but the penalty for improper use is usually enough to deter.

General Krulak here:

My friend from Spain...we need to do something quick about that granddaughter in the L'pool kit. Get her over to a game and lets see what we can do to get her bleeding claret and blue.

Thanks for the reply General. I can assure you I am working on changing her allegiance to Claret & Blue, which is much more fashionable than Scouse Red, plus I tell her that her nine year old sister is showing far more commonsense, even though she's three years younger.

We will be there for either the Liverpool or Everton game, when my travel arrangements are confirmed, but the Liverpool one could be dangerous for obvious reasons. Really need the right result to help convince her.

Looking forward to being at VP again and to a strong finish to the season.

UTV

If the card works with programmes, food etc as well then yes, it would be good but just for getting in they're a total waste of money- all the clubs I've been to they're no quicker, like I've said they break down and I know people who've got in on under 16 tickets who are over 40.

Anyways, I don't mind paying with cash- on average, in the ground I spend about £5, foor and a programme. Why would using a card make it quicker?? Cash point would be a good idea though.

Hi General,

May i take this opportunity to echo the other posters comments on how nice it is to have someone from the club be in open dialogue with the supporters.

I have read with a keen interest of the boards plans for the club, ground, training facilites and applaud your approach.

I like many supporters, am an ex season ticket holder, whom for one reason or another has let it lapse and have not regularily attended the club for some time. I'll admit mine was through frustration at the previous incumbants regime, whilst also being partly financial due to saving for a wedding (8th Dec).

However I am pleased to say that given the new boards willingness to listen to the fans, the progress that has been made thus far and some serious scrapping together of funds, I will once again be making the pilgrimage up to VP for the Watford game. However this time I will be bringing my wife to be with me (for her fist Villa experience).

I look forward to reading more from you on the plans for the clubs future, and am safe in the knowledge that the fans will return to club, I have and am looking forward to again sitting in the Trinity Road.

Happy New Year all as well

Where does Lerner's first priority lie at the moment?

1) Villa transfer-window

or

2) Fixing the situation with the Brown's poor results?

First of all, I reckon he's capable of handling both at the same time.

Secondly, I don't think the Browns will have competetive games again before late summer as they didn't make the play offs.

1) Villa transfer-window

or

He may be the owner of both of these teams but he isn't running them as Ellis did. He has taken a backward step and allowing those with the requisite skill and knowledge to run the clubs. Of course he will stay in the loop but he doesn't need to spend every hour running the clubs.

He, Mon and the other directors will have an agreed plan of action and unless something unusual happens, I imagine that Randy will not need to be disturbed.

1) Villa transfer-window

or

+

Browns season is over, and it looks like he is set up to be here all week.

It wouldn't surprise me if he stayed until after the weekend game, but let's see.

General Krulak here:

Randy is in the UK with his entire family...in their London home...and will be there for some time. He will be at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath often...but on a "not to interfere " basis.

Do NOT worry about the Cleveland Browns and their season and Randy's engagement with them. They have a good team that was decimated with injuries...and I do mean decimated!! Some of their very key players did not play a single down of a single game. The Browns have a great General Manager, a quality group of coaches and a firm plan for going forward. Next year will see progress and so will the following years. The Brown's season is over....and will not pick up again until the late spring/early summer.

Our new CEO started today. Randy is over on the UK side of the ocean. One or more Directors are at every game and, as you know, we spend about 50% of our time in the UK...and when I am not in the UK, I am on the phone or on the net with Randy.....and the fans for that matter.

Do not start to worry about where Randy spends his time...the key is his relationship with Martin and his availability for input and decisions. He will be there!!

I realise that with modern technology that its not hard to run a football culb outside the country. But its nice to see Randy in the crowd(im sure he loves being in the crowd too).

Anyway get back to chatting to all them players.

Do NOT worry about the Cleveland Browns and their season and Randy's engagement with them. They have a good team that was decimated with injuries...and I do mean decimated!! Some of their very key players did not play a single down of a single game. The Browns have a great General Manager, a quality group of coaches and a firm plan for going forward. Next year will see progress and so will the following years. The Brown's season is over....and will not pick up again until the late spring/early summer.

The Browns sure do have a lot of talented players, and a lot of injuries for sure General, i seem to remember LeCharles Bently went down injured the first time he practised, horendous luck!

With good work in free agency and of course the third pick in the draft the Browns could progress well next season.

I feel that Villa are in a similar position also, decimated with injuries and with a young talented squad that with a few additions could move on and progress to the next level.

If Randy's work in free agency last year with the Browns is anything to go by we shall be persuing some big names this January and summer also!!

Keep up the good work General and Randy and then we shall hopefully break these run of results when MON can put his squad together!

General Krulak here:

Randy is in the UK with his entire family...in their London home...and will be there for some time. He will be at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath often...but on a "not to interfere " basis.

Our new CEO started today. Randy is over on the UK side of the ocean. One or more Directors are at every game and, as you know, we spend about 50% of our time in the UK...and when I am not in the UK, I am on the phone or on the net with Randy.....and the fans for that matter.

Do not start to worry about where Randy spends his time...the key is his relationship with Martin and his availability for input and decisions. He will be there!!

General,

I hope your comments will help still some of the negative messages that have been appearing.

I know we all want the same thing, success for Aston Villa, but some fans need to exercise a little more patience and a lot more confidence in the management team.

Perhaps the years of false dawns and promises are proving a little hard to shake off, but they should have faith and trust in Randy, yourself and the new CE.

I hope we can start on the upward path tonight, even though this is one to start 2007 with.

General Krulak here:

Today's game was critical...we needed, at least, one point. We got it. The lads played their hearts out. I am sure we will all find something we wish had gone better but...a point from Chelsea right now...with a real hard effort by Villa...is a good place to start 2007.

PLEASE believe that Randy and all of us want what you want....VICTORY, CONSISTENTLY! It WILL take some time.

General Krulak here:

Today's game was critical...we needed, at least, one point. We got it. The lads played their hearts out. I am sure we will all find something we wish had gone better but...a point from Chelsea right now...with a real hard effort by Villa...is a good place to start 2007.

PLEASE believe that Randy and all of us want what you want....VICTORY, CONSISTENTLY! It WILL take some time.

Its so great that you came on here so quicky after the game. It was a great effort, i hope this point can give us confidence to push on a little.

General Krulak here:

Thanks General, it will take some investment in the playing squad as well. It seems as if our effort was faultless this evening but we did lack quality - I hope some will be arriving if not now then in the summer.

Hope you're having a good new year.