General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Cheaper travel to VP from London, etc. There is some "looking" at the possiblity of combining tickets with travel and seeing if we can come up with a "package"...this, obviously, requires us to work with trains, etc. This is in the "infant" stage of investigation.

2. 25th Anniversay Celebration. There WILL be an Annniverary Celebration. Randy, Richard and I are in discussions on that subject right now. We hope to hold this celebration in conjunction with the opening of the Holte Inn and, perhaps, the new Training Ground. Might be good to have an "Open House" all day so fans can come and visit...then hold a formal celebration with players, etc.

3. We do not anticipate changing kit every year and thereby causing the fans to continually be purchasing a new kit.

4. I am not aware of the Evening Mail coming onto the site and getting quotes. Hopefully, if they are, they are concentrating in meaningful comments...not ones concerning "thongs."

We hope to hold this celebration in conjunction with the opening of the Holte Inn and, perhaps, the new Training Ground. Might be good to have an "Open House" all day so fans can come and visit...then hold a formal celebration with players, etc.

I think that would be a fantastic idea and something alot of fans would be interested in.

this years kit is my favourite one for a long time, so if we are still hummel next year and we keep this kit i will be very pleased

I'd imagine we will have a new sponsor for next season so there'slittle chance of us keeping the same kit, but it's great news that we wont be changing every year.

General,

Are there any future plans for an academy or a link up with USA youth soccer/MLS teams in any form. In addition do we have a feeder club in Europe to help deal with work permit issues/playing experience for younger players recruited from across the globe?

Sincerely,

Dom

2. 25th Anniversay Celebration. There WILL be an Annniverary Celebration. Randy, Richard and I are in discussions on that subject right now. We hope to hold this celebration in conjunction with the opening of the Holte Inn and, perhaps, the new Training Ground. Might be good to have an "Open House" all day so fans can come and visit...then hold a formal celebration with players, etc.

General thanks for your comments. Just wanted to say if this did happen, we would most certainly be interested and would travel down especially for something like that! We think its a wonderful idea!

General,

But surely releasing a new kit each year is a good way to get revenue in every summer?

By not changing it every year, won't that mean less money going into the club?

Thanks.

General,

But surely releasing a new kit each year is a good way to get revenue in every summer?

By not changing it every year, won't that mean less money going into the club?

Thanks.

There's better ways to get revenue than pinching from the fans every year.

Most club's revenue is from the fans- gate reciepts, merchandise etc. Without the fans, there'd be no money in football.

What does that post up there by me in red say?

look, we're not trying to be Party poopers or stifle any discussion but can we keep this topic for direct communications with the General please

These things are perfectly valid discussions, just start another topic for them in the correct forum (or better still use one thats already going in most cases), thats all we ask

We want this particular topic to be kept clutter free to facilitate the Generals ease of reading it

PLEASE!

General, are there any plans to get more, if not all, of our reserve games played back at Villa Park?

As a kid my first Villa games were watching the reserves, my old man wouldn't let me go to first team games because of the hooliganism that was around at the time, and while games are played in Walsall we may well be losing a chance to let younger, or less affluent, fans the opportunity to get the Villa 'bug'.

General

I have to say how delighted I am that you and your American friends have become involved in our fantastic football club.

It hasn't been easy being a Villa fan over the past few years but you and the team have been a breath of fresh air. Not only is there a sense of expectation around the club again, but a sense of professionalism, both in the way the team are playing and the way in which you and your fellow directors have approached/treated the fans.

For instance your posts on this site (and others) is unheard of in English football let alone the Villa! I wondered, do you or any of the Browns Directors contribute to fans sites in the US?

Keep up the good work and up the VILLA!!!

General,

I'd like to echo the previous post about playing reserve games at Villa Park, it's a good way to encourage more local kids to get involved.

Mrs Easter teaches at a local school and her kids loved the open training session, they get an afternoons training with a Villa coach every week and play league games against other local schools in the Academy.

If you offered them free entry into reserve games as well, you'd have a little army of ten year old good will in the local area. That can't hurt surely !

At this time of year surely it makes sense to play them at the Bescot, save our pitch and all that, it's in good nick at the moment, lets keep it that way.

I see the advantage of playing the occasional game at VP, but not all of them by any means.

Greetings General,

I want to thank you for your candor, enthusiasm, and respect, you are doing a great job.

I'd like to stress the importance of maintaining a traditional feel about Villa Park, both inside and out. I'd also like to see a few more rows of seats closer to the pitch, to increase the intimacy, atomosphere, and also the intimidation factor for opponents.

I know you've got a top notch sports marketing man on the board, and increasing the profile of the club is certainly a positive, but I worry about being over-marketed, like Man U, to the point where one is not sure if the sport is the top priority.

Although I know nothing of the sensibilities of your marketing man, I am wary of any American styled glitziness or showbiz-like asthetics being incorporated into AVFC, in any capacity. Nothing against the NFL or the NBA, but English Football, despite the present modernization and globification of it, still maintains a strong degree of simplicity and subtlety, from matchdays to telecasts, and everything else.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!