General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hello General,

I am new to this site and as a previous season ticket holder and share holder, I would love to have an insight into some of your plans for the future. Sorry if any of these have been asked previously:-

1. Do you think it would be a good idea to 'tap' into the US soccer leagues for new talent/potential signings? One player in particular is Freddy Adu? Or even use a US team as a feeder club/or season exchange with young players?

2. Do Aston Villa have any claim on 'Aston Hall'? When walking upto the ground it is such a sorry sight and I'm sure it could be so much more.

3. Match day parking is a nightmare around Villa Park, with each car park charging differing amounts and very small in size. In addition, especially night games, a lot of these car parks do not even feel safe. Is there plans to have plenty of official car parks in and around the area of Villa Park?

4. Finally, if you and Randy are attending the Chelsea game, please please can you lock yourselves and your Chelsea counterparts in a room and agree the transfers of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Wayne Bridge? Plenty of Vodka and Caviar may help!!

Thanks General for all the hard work shown to date.

Jon Ferguson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I am gutted!

2. Players: We are looking in ALL countries and leagues. We'd look on the moon if we felt there was someone there who was available. Shaun Wright-Phillips and vodka....anything that might work!! I hope that EVERYONE understands that neither Martin nor Randy wants to see a game last yesterday...they are as upset, or moreso, than any of us. We have things we must do and we will do them.

3. We have no association with Aston Hall...and it is being renovated as we speak.

4. Roger on the parking. We are in consultation with the Council on the transport plan that will help out in this area.

Thanks General for getting back to me so quickly.

Just a further question -

I read somewhere that a major announcement regarding sponsorship was going to be made by the end of the year? Is this correct or will sponsorship deals be reviewed at the end of the season/contracts (ie kit, ground etc)? Finally, could we have a top kit manufacturer for next season (ie Nike)?

Finally, could we have a top kit manufacturer for next season (ie Nike)?

This has been talked about a lot. It's basically been said it probably won't be one of the biggest names (nike/adidas) but it will be a recognised name in a deal that suits the club one hell of a lot better than the current deal does. And that the kit will be better than the current one.

The phrase "you won't be disappointed" comes out a lot, I don't think we can ask for anymore. Personally I'm not bothered who makes the kit so long as its a good deal for the club and it looks good. Companies should be fighting to get a deal with us, not the other way around.

I read somewhere that a major announcement regarding sponsorship was going to be made by the end of the year? Is this correct or will sponsorship deals be reviewed at the end of the season/contracts (ie kit, ground etc)? Finally, could we have a top kit manufacturer for next season (ie Nike)?

They have 8 hours 12 minutes to make such an announcement which, bearing in mind that we've not heard much about it, its the middle of the season, its sunday and new years eve, seems pretty unlikely.

I think you could safely assume that wherever you read that was a misinformed source.

I don't care who makes our kit by the way, just so long as it looks good and sells well.

General Krulak here:

1. I am gutted!

2. Players: We are looking in ALL countries and leagues. We'd look on the moon if we felt there was someone there who was available. Shaun Wright-Phillips and vodka....anything that might work!! I hope that EVERYONE understands that neither Martin nor Randy wants to see a game last yesterday...they are as upset, or moreso, than any of us. We have things we must do and we will do them.

3. We have no association with Aston Hall...and it is being renovated as we speak.

4. Roger on the parking. We are in consultation with the Council on the transport plan that will help out in this area.

great to see you not hide away from the site after a gutting defeat like yesterday...

although letting the dust settle a day, is a wise move...

:winkold:

This has been talked about a lot. It's basically been said it probably won't be one of the biggest names (nike/adidas)

Gutted!

I've not read anything like that, but I really had my heart set on an Adidas kit :cry:

Happy new year General dude...

And isn't it about time you sorted out an avatar? Your old cap badge should look the nuts I reckon...

8)

General Krulak here:

1. I am gutted!

Hi General

A happy and healthy new year to you and your family! Especially your son.

Like you and so many other Villa fans I was also "gutted" yesterday, it made for a miserable long journey home from London!

Hopefully the team can pull off a shock win over Chelsea and give us all a great start to 2007. :D

A possible idea for you..........

Whilst at Charlton yesterday, I noticed that there were a lot of special coaches from all over the the south east of England bringing Charlton fans in from distant towns. Obvously like these Londoners many Brummies have moved away from their home city over the years. I for example now live in Bournemouth approx 160 miles away and travel up to all the home games with my daughter and often a couple of friends - fortunately I can afford the expense but many cannot.

During debates on why some people cannot attend games, it is pointed out that the cost of petrol or public transport can often exceed the price of the ticket making it cost prohibitive for many fans to go to Villa Park as often as they would like.

I know some of the regional supporter clubs run transport packages, particularly from towns within a 50 mile radius of Birmingham, but would guess it becomes difficult for fans to get together in significant numbers the further they live away.

If the club could develop a scheme whereby there offer a match ticket plus coach transport picking up fans from convenient centralised points in more distant regions of England where there are concentrations of Villa fans I believe it may encourage more fans to travel to home games as it would reduce te cost of transport.

Maybe a survey could be sent out to fans who live in different regions asking them what they think of the idea? Maybe the idea could be promoted via the match programmes, ticket office etc etc?

Happy New Year again!

And as Virgil said:

Forsan miseros meliora sequentur

Translation: For those in misery perhaps better things will follow? :D

General Krulak here:

1. I am not sure where you heard "the end of the year" but....my sense is that much work is being done on all commercial issues and that there will be announcements coming. Obviously it would not be right for me to point to any manufacturer or sponser...that would not make any sense at all. Let's let Richard Fitzgerald get into his office and handle these issues. I know he will do right by the Club.

2. I am not computer literate so for me to "sort out an avatar" is like asking me to rip off the crown jewels.

3. Don't worry about my leaving the site after a bad loss...I am here during the good and the bad.

Hi General,

I dont think you really need an avatar. The fact that you post here is good enough for us!!!

Hope you and your family have a very happy new year!!!

Just a question on Mr. Fitzgerald- Is he Irish because his name certainly suggests it!!! :)

General ,

Happy new year to you and youres .

We enter 2007 with a formidable group of people now stearing the good ship aston villa .

I like others am suffering over the results at the moment but by god it could be a shit load worse if the old regime were still around.

The infrastructure thats being put in place is fantastic and given time will bare fruit.

Its only natural that people will start to criticise certain things but we will all be smilling in the future .

The futures bright , the futures villa ! 8)

General, this is my first post on your thread, so Hi and a Very Happy New Year to you and your family.

All the news and information coming out of VP is now so positive and a great difference to the previous regime, it's once again a joy to be a Villa fan. Having seen my first game in the 1940s, I've experienced plenty of ups and downs, but I believe the future is going to be the best period in Villa history over the next few years.

Although I am unable to be a regular visitor to matches, usually only one or two a season, I'm looking forward to taking my two granddaughters in March when I'm back in the UK. One's a Villa fan while the other has yet to learn the error of her ways with a liking for Liverpool, but with Villa shirts for both of them for Christmas, I'm hoping for her conversion so they will both be fans for the great future the club has in store.

I'm sure as the club goes forward, being a Villa fan will be an exhilarating experience.

Up the Villa

:hooray:

A possible idea for you..........

Whilst at Charlton yesterday, I noticed that there were a lot of special coaches from all over the the south east of England bringing Charlton fans in from distant towns. Obvously like these Londoners many Brummies have moved away from their home city over the years. I for example now live in Bournemouth approx 160 miles away and travel up to all the home games with my daughter and often a couple of friends - fortunately I can afford the expense but many cannot.

During debates on why some people cannot attend games, it is pointed out that the cost of petrol or public transport can often exceed the price of the ticket making it cost prohibitive for many fans to go to Villa Park as often as they would like.

I know some of the regional supporter clubs run transport packages, particularly from towns within a 50 mile radius of Birmingham, but would guess it becomes difficult for fans to get together in significant numbers the further they live away.

If the club could develop a scheme whereby there offer a match ticket plus coach transport picking up fans from convenient centralised points in more distant regions of England where there are concentrations of Villa fans I believe it may encourage more fans to travel to home games as it would reduce te cost of transport.

Maybe a survey could be sent out to fans who live in different regions asking them what they think of the idea? Maybe the idea could be promoted via the match programmes, ticket office etc etc?

Happy New Year again!

And as Virgil said:

Forsan miseros meliora sequentur

Translation: For those in misery perhaps better things will follow? :D

Excellent suggestion. A coach down the A14 from Ipswich through Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Kettering, etc would be great. Even better if it started at Norwich before Ipswich.

I would organise it if there are the fans to use it.

Happy new year General. I too would welcome match day travel, coming from Ramsgate, Kent is a £50 round trip, which definately has limited the ammount of home games that i have attended over the years.

btw, up the Villa :-)

It would be good from Hereford too as though its not really a problem for weekend games it's impossible to get back by public transport for weekday games.

Oh and Happy New Year all!!!

General:-

Its an hour and 27 minutes into the opening of the transfer market and no signings yet!! Whats going on? ;)

Happy new year general.

:lol:

I hope everyone connected with Aston Villa has a great New Year.

2006 was a very difficult time to support this great club but I truely believe that this time next year we'll be in a far better position than now.

The hard work being put in by Martin O'Neill, the players and all the board and staff of Villa may not be bearing fruit immediately but I have no doubt that it will.

These are exciting times and though the road will be rocky at times we are on the move to better times.

Happy New Year and UP THE VILLA!!!

General Krulak here:

1. I am gutted!

"It’s been a long December

and there’s reason to believe

maybe this year will be better than the last"

Up the Villa

Up the General

UP VT - Happy new year one and all.

Guest heppelstone16

hope you guys know it will cost randy about 5 mill to bu out of hummel contract so that will be more wasted money which could go on players!