General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I would just like to offer my support to the £30million player comment.

I guess it depends on how you view such a comment, I felt the point was being made that at some stage if a £30million player was available to us and we felt the player was right we would make the move.

Currently we are not in that sort of financially viable/competitive bracket but if in example we would have been preparing for the Champions League after a successful UEFA cup campaign the realistic ambitions of the club could have stretched to players such as David Villa, who would cost £30million.

Personally I thank the General for the potential insight. I think we would all like to compete for some of the players Totts compete for but in reality we do not have the London/very high wage factor that they have and our overall stability and quality of the club will be the deciding factor for any players decision to come, which I would imagine is the mental attitude that would suit our current successful setup.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General - off topic a little - how big a threat to the west is the military pressure Russia is exerting on Georgia over the last few days, in your opinion? And as there is a threat to world oil supplies - what effect economically could it make?

General... Me again! I wondered if the club were closer to announcing any new commercial partnerships? I noticed that some space has been cleared on the official site.

Also, can you let us know, generally, the impact the led advertising boards had on our sponsorship income? Was it up?

General Krulak here:

1. I am glad that fans are pleased with the UEFA ticket pricing. Ticket pricing is normally recommended by Nicky Keye to Robin Russell, our CFO. After discussing within Villa, the final decision is made by Randy. So at the end of the day, the process starts with Nicky and ends with Randy.

2. Brett to the Jets...will make the Jets stronger. If the offensive line can protect him and give him time to release the ball, Brett still has what it takes.

3. Randy is not a big baseball fan but does like the sport. Randy's oldest son is a very talented athlete all-around and plays a good game of baseball. Randy watches him play oftern.

4. I will not be at the Trinity but I have seen it and it is beautiful.

5. Tubby: Call the ticket office and explain your issue.

6. roger_moore: It is always dangerous when something flares up in the former "states". I do not think there is imminent danger but the simple fact is that one spark can sometimes cause a fire that was unexpected. It needs to be watched closely.

7. Not to worry about Bill Howell. I won't comment on his remarks other than to say he was correct re. my comment....I know better and, as I said, did not follow my own rules.

8. I will be traveling this weekend and part of next week. I will try to get on the site when I can.

General,

If Liverpool do fail to come up with the money for Gareth Barry can we PLEASE report them for tapping him up.

They have come along and messed up our captain, causing him to miss our preseason with the notion they would be buying him. If they then just pull out and leave him with us, broken, just before the season starts than that would be completely unacceptable.

Gareth might even be scorned enough to provide evidence against them.

7. Not to worry about Bill Howell. I won't comment on his remarks other than to say he was correct re. my comment....I know better and, as I said, did not follow my own rules.

You're the bigger man and a better person for it. You'd hope that a Birmingham newspaper would be more supportive of a Birmingham team. Maybe then he'd get a bit more response from MON, et al.

You're the bigger man and a better person for it. You'd hope that a Birmingham newspaper would be more supportive of a Birmingham team. Maybe then he'd get a bit more response from MON, et al.

What Hobbo says is spot on. Howell's comments were a cheap jibe. If he's any kind of journalist, he must know that.

General, in the light of recent media comments, can you reassure us that you won't let piss-poor, 50-cent hacks prevent you from posting here? Can you re-assure us that, whatever they write, they won't make you think twice about sharing your real thoughts with us?

You're a vital part of the Randy revolution – vital to the resurgence of AVFC. We need you!

n

General Krulak here:

1. I am glad that fans are pleased with the UEFA ticket pricing. Ticket pricing is normally recommended by Nicky Keye to Robin Russell, our CFO. After discussing within Villa, the final decision is made by Randy. So at the end of the day, the process starts with Nicky and ends with Randy.

2. Brett to the Jets...will make the Jets stronger. If the offensive line can protect him and give him time to release the ball, Brett still has what it takes.

3. Randy is not a big baseball fan but does like the sport. Randy's oldest son is a very talented athlete all-around and plays a good game of baseball. Randy watches him play oftern.

4. I will not be at the Trinity but I have seen it and it is beautiful.

5. Tubby: Call the ticket office and explain your issue.

6. roger_moore: It is always dangerous when something flares up in the former "states". I do not think there is imminent danger but the simple fact is that one spark can sometimes cause a fire that was unexpected. It needs to be watched closely.

8. I will be traveling this weekend and part of next week. I will try to get on the site when I can.

I gotta say... how many club directors could ever write something like that...

^^ I think that's my favourite question out of 512 pages worth.

Another light hearted one here fwiw:

Villa's first ever game was reputedly against a Rugby side, one half football, the other half rugby. Do you think we'd get a pre-season friendly with the Browns along these lines? And if so who would win overall? ;):lol:

Hi General,

You give a lot of praise to MON :notworthy: (jusifiably so) but what about a word about John Robertson and Steve Walford, they have contibuted significantly to the Villa turn around in the last 2 years. They are MON's righthand men and have been with him since the Leicester City days. When we signed MON I heard a Celtic fan say that we hadn't just got MON we had the Holy Trinity, high praise indeed.

One question which might solve a pub debate. Villa signed MON a couple of weeks before the RAL deal was announced, I cannot believe that MON would have signed for the former regime (I personally thought that he had been bought out of Celtic by the Glasier's to replace Fergie), Did RL meet and discuss his plans with MON beforehand. i.e MON signed knowing that RL would buy Villa?

Hi General,

Hope all is well, apologies if this has been asked before but do you know if Nike are set to produce a Women's version of the home kit. My mrs wants to buy one so that we can both wear one when we visit VP next!( Not sure if that is a good thing!!!!LOL!). Any info would be appreciated.

Ell

Hi General,

Hope all is well, apologies if this has been asked before but do you know if Nike are set to produce a Women's version of the home kit. My mrs wants to buy one so that we can both wear one when we visit VP next!( Not sure if that is a good thing!!!!LOL!). Any info would be appreciated.

Ell

If i can answer on the Generals behalf ??.........

When i was down the Villa Village store last week, Nike womens home shirts were available and in stock.

General, I really want to order a home shirt with the name Krulak. I can pick a random number, but I would like it much better if you picked the number.

I just got my shirt with Lerner No 1....looks great!! :)

Hi General, in the rubbish of last week a suggestion I made might have been missed

with a week to go before the Man Citeh game I think a lot of us would like to know if we are heading towards a full house

so a suggestion is to put on the OS the latest ticket sales for the homes league games, if anything it would stop us asking you all season !!!

hello general. i would just like you to pass on to mr lerner how grateful most villa fans are for the way he has treated the club and fans since his arrival.Between him and Martin O`Neill a sense of pride has been returned to a club that for many years seemed to be going nowhere fast. A week before the seaon and i cant wait to see how the lads do this season, It must of been difficult for yourself and mr lerner to come to a club steeped with such a proud tradition knowing that every move you would make would be scrutinised but you have done an absolutely fantastic job, i am delighted also that you have decided to put sponsors on young childrens shirts, my daughter is 3 and a total villa nut, if i would of given her a villa kit that didnt look exactly like the one on the poster on her bedroom wall then there would of been hell to pay, thanks for saving me the head ache

General,

If Liverpool do fail to come up with the money for Gareth Barry can we PLEASE report them for tapping him up.

They have come along and messed up our captain, causing him to miss our preseason with the notion they would be buying him. If they then just pull out and leave him with us, broken, just before the season starts than that would be completely unacceptable.

Gareth might even be scorned enough to provide evidence against them.

Seconded. A few years ago David O'Leary was hammered with a fine by the PL for having the gall to mention in passing his admiration for James Beattie in an interview. There is no consistancy in these matters - the big clubs are always tapping up players through the media and rarely get taken to task. Ferguson has been at it for years, and the conduct of Liverpool and Real Madrid this summer has been shoddy in the extreme. If GB does stay then there is a strong chance that our star playing asset will have become damaged goods. Please General, let's make a stand