General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

I know you have received comments about the villa website and you have assured us that the matter is being taken care of..

But is there any chance of the AVTV interviews being uploaded to youtube or some similar service until this service is sorted out? I dont watch the interviews very often, but everytime i try to watch them i usually end up with a still screen for most of the interview. It's been poor for some time now and i get more frustrated with every subscription renewal..

I've never come across such a poor video service on the net :(

Keep up the great work...it seems more and more football fans are beginning to recognise the Villa as a competitive team again! :)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Semper Fidelis: A good idea. AND, MM...I think the flag would be great!!
General re flag just gave them go ahead to get it manufactured will be ready for the Liverpool game and fittingly for what it stands for might just give out a certain message . I am liasing with people at Villa now just wanted your ok . Bet you never had your own banner at Clevelands :lol:

Re the Trinity tell Mr Lerner that everyone who saw it thinks its a job well done !

General,

I just wanted to say thank you to Shelia as the disabled liason at the club. After a few false starts - she has managed to sort out my ticketing issues. I appreciate that everyone is busy right now, and that the club is going through tremendous change, but overall they are all doing a fantastic job. What could have easily become a complaint hasn't at all, if anything I can only praise them all.

General

In regards to gareth barry, myself and other fans fully expect him to feature in thursday's tie against our iceland opposition especially now sidwell is missing Barry should have no say in the matter the money i and others earn is being put into the football club to go towards his wages and we would like to see him play regardless of this liverpool issue,

dont know if you could hint our feelings to MON.

General,

I just wanted to say thank you to Shelia as the disabled liason at the club. After a few false starts - she has managed to sort out my ticketing issues. I appreciate that everyone is busy right now, and that the club is going through tremendous change, but overall they are all doing a fantastic job. What could have easily become a complaint hasn't at all, if anything I can only praise them all.

I would just like to echo this point as a disabled supporter i have had many dealings with Shelia and have found her to be very good at her job.

When I watch the football on TV today and Brad Friedel wear a yellow goalkeeper shirt and we use white Acorns logo. It is impossible to read the logo off goalkeeper's shirt on TV. Should we have a black or dark colour logo just for the goalkeeper. I think we need to change it to make it look more professional.

General.

I'm new to register to the site, but I have read this thread with interest for a while now. I saw how people were speaking to and treating you only a week or so ago and was disgusted. I just wanted to pass on my gratitude to youself, Randy, MON, and all the staff, for making Villa a club to be proud of again. I felt this way before the recent transfer activities and I guess the feeling really started when I saw the Acorn's sponsorship news. What a great gesture and one that makes me so proud to support a club willing to make such a sacrifice and proudly sponsor such a good cause.

I have no doubt at all that we are on an upward spiral and that we can succeed in our long term plans. Great recent signings too!

By the way, I saw a few pages ago that you were going to pass on messages of support to Bouma, please pass on my best wishes too as I'd love to see him back as soon as possible as he is a real Villa character and, in my opinion, an excellent player.

Cheers :)

General, Obviously I don't speak for all Villa fans but can you pass on my gratitude to Gareth Barry that he was willing to play tonight and not only that, he played well too. He knew the consequences of playing and stood up to the plate. Good Man.

Hopefully the penny has dropped for him and he knows now where the grass is greener for him.

General - just wanted to agree with the post re sponsor colour, it wasn't very distinguished on the TV and apart from looking poor, I think it would be in Acorns best interest to have the logo in Black on the Grey & Yellow keeper shirts so that it stands out.

Also, just want to echo what has been said re GB - he is going someway to proving to me that he really does care about Villa, irrespective of what else he thinks, and I for one think far more of him for the attitude he has shown when wearing the shirt. Pitty he can't get himself a better agent!!!

General Krulak here:

1. Mark8691: There is absolutely no doubt that we need to work on AVTV and the OS. We know it...we are working on it. We will get it right. Like everything else, no "overnight" miracles...just hard work and "fixing it."

2. MYSTERYMAN: I will personally point out the new flag to Randy....he believes in Semper Fidelis.

3. Shelia is a very special lady...she is kind and caring and just the person for the job.

4. Re. colours on shirt...acorns, etc. I will see what can be done but....may be hard at this point in time.

5. As I have said all along, Gareth is a fine lad. He is like many young men...he has life-decisions to make. Only he can make them. We can counsel..we can advise...we can recommend but, in the end, he must make the decisions. He made one last night with his play...and we should applaud and respect him for that. We shall see what transpires over the next few weeks and go from there.

Hi General,

Did you ever manage to speak to Nathan Delfouneso and ask how his name is pronounced?

Hope the General doesn't mind me answering on his behalf, but this is taken from the player profile on the home page:

It’s pronounced Del-fons-o and I think you’re going to need to learn how to say it

Looking forward to the new season General? I certainly am, its going to be a good one! :D

General Krulak here:

1. Olof'sAcorn is spot on...Del-fons-o.

2. We are all looking forward to the beginning of this season...it has good promise. As always, we will be taking them one game at a time. You all know better than most that football is a "funny" game and each time our lads go on the Pitch they need to be focused and prepared. MON is as good as they come in getting a team ready...but he cannot play on the Pitch.

Hi General

Just wanted to see if you were aware that the celebrity football match involving the cast from TV soaps Holloyks and Emmerdale that was arranged for Sunday was cancelled on Tuesday, with Acorns confirming they wouldnt be getting the £20,000 they were due to support the local hospice.( http://www.halesowentownfc.co.uk/col.asp?cid=65)

I was just wondering if there is anything Villa could do to suport the local hospice concerned? I imagine that at such short notice the cancellation wil cause problems for Acorns locally.

Cheers

Hi General

Great work you and the board are doing. One little issue that always winds myself and a lot of other villa supports up is when the away fans stand up throught a match, espicially Man U. I don't know what gives them the right to disregard the rules and regs but they have done it for a long time now. I know last season we might have been in trouble with the council, I think, in regards to this issue. I am just watching the Sunderland Liverpool game, and Sunderland have cut Liverpool's ticket allocation this season due them constantly stand up last season. Is this something we can look into and put in place. They might think twice if we do.

General Krulak here:

1. I was not aware of the acorns match and the cancellation. I am sure that the Club will continue to be as helpful to acorns as possible...as you probably know, we already give a good deal to this MOST WORTHY charity.

2. Standing. At the present time, stewards have been instructed to keep standing to that point in games when standing would be expected...a hard thing to always get right.

General

Just wanna say good luck to the team and football club in general tomorrow and for the rest of the season, ill be at the game tomorrow roaring on the lads!

And i cant wait!

Come on you Villa boys!