General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I agree swtching the UEFA Cup game is excellent news, apart from the fact i can't go to the away leg now! But it definitely gives us a bigger advantage now. Some people will moan about ANYTHING.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Sorry to ask for a third time but how are the development plans for villa park coming along?

I am sure summer time was mentioned as to when they would be made public .

Cheers and keep up the good work.

General,

Sorry to ask for a third time but how are the development plans for villa park coming along?

I am sure summer time was mentioned as to when they would be made public .

Cheers and keep up the good work.

They have decided after doing a full review this pre-season to sort out the Trinity Road more really to sort out the three resteraunts / corporate facilities cost 2 mill revenue approx 2mill a season , no decision made on the rest of the ground . will review at end of new season but likely to be Holte End next . Trinity Road not sure what to do as yet looking at it but no easy answer and thats direct from Paul Faulkner .

General Krulak here:

1. Noah: First thought was "wow" when I saw Villa Park and the stadium/Pitch. 2nd thought was to be far less "wow'd" by what I saw at the "old" Bodymoor Heath.

2. Do I know players. Obviously I know some of them. We have some very good lads who "think" right. At a macro level, I think that the Premier League needs to gain a bit more structure, a bit more interface with the Clubs, a bit more attention to the rules and regulations governing the league.

3. Taylo: I love it.

4. The game I am looking forward to, without a doubt, is Liverpool...for many reasons.

5. ianrob1: To be honest, Iceland asked for the change...it may have had something to do with the availability of their National Stadium but don't quote me on that. I am not sure why the request. I think we feel it is not a bad thing to have the final leg at home. Please come...staying away at that time will not help the situation.

6. Randy has no interest in football in the US other than the Browns. Two "Premiership" teams are enough for him.

7. I am not sure where Villa will be in Spain...I will try to get an answer for you both.

8. A Marine? Laursen...plus others. All have many of the attributes needed...most of all, focus and desire.

9. 1968: MYSTERYMAN hit the nail on the head.

thanks General for the reply, I don't like it for me it is not right but I will give your comments some serious thinking before I decide to go or not.

on that game and lets get the pricing out of the way, with the switch it could be a meaningless game and with a thursday evening KO possibly a low crowd.

so as a suggestion why not make the game a family fun day, say family ticket for two parents and two kids for say £15 or £20, for normal adults the same as for Odense £15, otherwise the attendance could be low as 31k for Odense was good and slightly higehr than hat I thought it could be.

General Krulak here:.....At a macro level, I think that the Premier League needs to gain a bit more structure, a bit more interface with the Clubs, a bit more attention to the rules and regulations governing the league.....

Too right!.

So based on that, do you feel there is any will amongst other clubs for this to happen?

And do you think Villa should take some initiative in pushing for greater adherence to the rules and regs, or for strengthening them where you see areas for improvement.

For what it's worth, I believe that the kind of shenanigans we've seen over this summer damage the integrity, or perception of integrity of even the best of men involved. I also feel that there are a significant number of fans, as well as media that become ever more cynical about the motives people in football as a result of the behaviour witnessed. That damages everyone, and commercially is, if not suicide, certainly harmful.

At some point when fans see the unseemly and underhand squabbling over money, (allegations of) illegal approaches to players by clubs and so on (and a lot of people can and do "read between the lines") they will, faced with economic constraints in their own lives, just think "I'll not go as much this season" or will stop altogether, or will go and watch the games in the pub, instead of attending.

I would love to see an concerted effort to bring about greater honourable behaviour amongst the league's clubs, but don't sense much of an appetite for it from the majority of clubs, at least.

I like the way Villa since Randy came have handled transfers and so on (even if the current lack of activity visible to us is driving me mad). I don't want that integrity to fade because we feel we have to join with the methods of others or get left behind, clean but weak.

1) General, will you be coming out of military retirement for the Liverpool game?

2) On a more serious note, do you feel that the actions of the new generation of players such as Barry has a detrimental effect on the Premier League? And if so, do you feel as though actions should be taken to stop transfers such as this one happening in the future? I have very limited knowledge of the way that the American sports work, but it appears to me that limits on what a club can spend on a player and other restrictions would be highly beneficial to the continued success of the Premier League.

3) I read today that a work permit for a very good young foreign player that the fat waiter (Benitez) was trying to sign was rejected. Benitez's immediate response to the permit being turned down was a demand that the rules be changed, simply because it did not fit into Liverpool's current demands. Doesn't that make you want to slap him around the face with a wet fish? Unfortunately these clubs seem to always get their way, so shouldn't something happen to stop them demanding and receiving?

General,

Sorry if this has been asked before but i have scrolled through and cant see a Q or A ob this....

Has Barry official handed in a transfer request ?? Therefore if he has he wont receive any payout from AVFC or any portion of the 18 million if paid ??

Just wondered thats all.!! and again sorry if u r repeating urself.

Anyway cant wait 4 the season, fancy meeting 4 a pint in the holte pub before a game me and my mates would love to meet and thank you personally ?

Let me know if this is possable.

Thanks

GK

hello general ,

1st posting on here . think the way you answer on here is very refreshing

a couple of things 1st up there seems to be a lot of negativity on all the different message boards about the lack of transfer activity

but i'd like to think it's the minority shouting the loudest as usual , most people can see that the club is in very safe hands with MON and Randy

the 2nd thing is how do you feel about the premiership having a winter break to go and play in mini tournaments across the world ?

personally i think it's a bad idea what would be the point on adding extra games to our already very busy season , if we have a winter break it should be a break not a chance to line the pockets of the what is already the richest league in the world

travelling half way round the world to play meaningless games just days after the busiest time of the season just doesn't seem right

cheers general

General, I have just read about this idea, the modification of the 39th game I was so against and the answer has to be NO

one reason is that there is no space for this

second reason is that it is pointless and done for money

In fact General at times all it seems football (as a sport) is about is money ...

the sport sometimes is forgotton

Hi General,

Do you know if MON reads villa forums such as this one or just hears about what is being said? In some ways I really hope he doesn't read them because of all the negativity at the moment...I hope it does not affect him.

Agreed we are frustrated that we have not had too many signings yet but, from what I can remember the prices that clubs demand for players seem to go down abit at the end of a transfer window and I think/hope that MON has players lined up but is waiting until the "last minute" to get them at a better price. I really, really have faith in him, but I wish that other fans would do the same and wait until the window shuts to judge.

General,

I have been off the site for a few days but I hear you have taken quite a bit of flack.

There is a lot of disappointment over Gareth Barry wanting to leave and the slowness for getting in new players.

But this club is hugely different now to the one you bought two years, even ten years ago. Things are a thousand times better now. You know how passionate our fans are. We all want success - the fans, club, directors and MON. Our fans wear their passion on their sleeve. We don't have many prawn sandwich eaters General. Thanks for coming on this site time and time again.

Two quick questions - do the Cleveland Browns have a similar fan consultation (fans forum and directors answering fans questions on websites) mechanism to ours or how do you think the Browns will get on next season? (I am a Giants fan by the way :hooray: - sorry Randy)