General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MON will have you in his office tommorow, and ban you from the training ground, also you will be fined for giving an unauthorised interview! Don't worry General we know what you mean't that the money is there for MON, i think the press just got onto your £30Million comment.

General.... Just a quick line to thank you for your candid remarks on the subject of Transfer funds.

It is always a touchy subject and i sincerely hope your remarks in house were taken with the sincerity that they were delivered, by all parties.

I was dismayed to learn that the media have got hold of it and tried to use it as a " world exclusive& ground breaking news" ... but hey the truth sometimes hurts.

I have to say despite my over whelming support for the manager i find his exploits in the transfer market concerning, both in terms of quality and quantity.... I'm not expecting a reply on this and i don't really want to add much more other than to say i hope it doesn't over shadow the other good work he has done.

Thanks for listening.

General Sir,

Thanks for all your recent comments on here they are most reassuring that our club is in the hands of truly honourable men. I know you have been shot and blown up so I am sure that a small minority of pessimistic whingers on here will not bother you? I also hope that you becoming the latest media darling (you should really look at the newsnow link it is quite amusing) will not make you more guarded in your responses to questions in the future?

For me the fans have shown and are continuing to show their loyality to the Randy regime by filling VP every week and buying more merchanise etc.

I also agree that Gareth is making one of them mistakes where everyone else can see it happening except for the man himself. As you have pointed out the situation has been made worse by Liverplops bidding before they actually had enough money in place.

If you had a choice of one of the following this season would it be a top 4 finish, reaching a final of a domestic cup or a good run in the UEFA cup (minimum semi's).

I can remember as a child us wininning the league and European Cup, it was the proudest time as a fan. I can also remember the league cups wins of the 90's also proud momemts and enjoyable days. This is what we all want and it is good to see that Randy wants the same let's all pull together to acheive this.

General,

I just want to say I am impressed with how the club has handled the Barry situation over the summer. In my view it has been dealt with in a way that not only make sure we receive our full asking price, but also I think we have made our intentions of keeping our best players in the future quite clear. I’m sure it will be a long time before another so called top four club approaches us for one of our players, without even having the cash to back up their interest, and thinking they can do a deal on anything else than our terms. It has made Liverpool look like fools and I’m sure the neutral and well informed supporters have sympathy with Villa. However, it seems many haven’t been following things that closely and their impression is that we are holding Barry against his will. Apparently the facts that Liverpool hasn’t even made an offer or Barry hasn’t even handed in a transfer request are facts that I think people have missed. I hope we do everything to win the PR battle as well as receiving our asking price for Barry.

Recently you have been in the receiving end of what I will describe as a lot of crap by a few posters on this site. Please understand that you are our main communication channel with the club, and that many of these comments are how people feel there and then. I’m sure you have handled more difficult situations in your past, and I think the frustration many feel at the moment will disappear once the season starts and new players arrive. I hope these comments don’t offend you personally or will make you reconsider reading and posting on this board.

It’s good to know that Randy will back MON with the necessary money. MON is described as someone that only marches to the beat of his own drum. Perhaps giving him Duracell batteries would make him beat his drum a bit faster? During transfer windows he seems more like someone that need four hours just to watch an episode of 60 Minutes rather than a manager that make deals happen. But he deserves to be judged on his achievements rather than the amount of money he is able to spend, although a few new arrivals would calm people’s nerves before the new season. After all we have so far signed two good keepers, a Chelsea squad player and made Davies’ transfer permanent, while loosing two players (including Barry) that have captained Villa during the last few years. It’s obvious we are not as Prepared yet as we would like to be. Let’s hope we are once the season actually starts.

General I wasn't going to say anything more on transfers etc becuase I think it was beat to daeth last weekend. However after the papers suddenly sensationalized your comments, I just want to say.... keep doing what you are doing. It is great for everyone concerned. Some people are suggesting you say less, others that people that question what is going on, etc should be ashamed. Well I would like you to be available to any question or comment and if you don't like it or don't want to answer you do as you see fit.

Here are my comments in a thread about the 30 million. It is how I feel so my request to you is to keep going through thick and thin, you are one huge asset to all concerned.

The Generals remit (as he would say) is to interface with the fans. Many fans had questions about our ability to being in new players. I was one of them because my head started to hurt when I looked at what MON appeared to be doing (or not doing). All the general did was confirm that money was not the hold up and used the 30 million as a way to get his point over. NOBODY with half a brain believes we are suddenly going to spend that type of money on 1 player. However the press do not have a brain at all and took the comments out of context for the benifit of headlines. It was probably 1 sorry ass reporter and the rest followed like sheep.

The general should keep on going like he is. It keeps me coming back, to suggest he should keep his mouth shut or maybe only talk about 'how many tickets have we sold' or 'can we tell Sky to not move our games' would remove his worth.

I hope that the fans message about transfers went from GK to Randy and right onto MON. If nothing else MON will have seen the 30M headlines and maybe it will make him up his sights a little because it is clear (as it always was) that what we do with new players is 100% down to MON.

Dear General.

Reference the pre-order programmes £98.

does this also include cup games, Europe or is it just the league? email pam.bridgewater@avfc.co.uk. Dunton, as she's looking after the scheme

P.s. doing a great job.

Thanks for the reasurring comments.

The approach Villa are taking is the right approach.

No boom and boost but steady sustainable, measurable improvement.

Hi General,

Just a quick question, is there any reason why on avfc.co.uk you have to click 'enter' twice before you can get into the site? My Dad also has the same problem and therefore I don't think its just me with the problem (so to speak!). If there is no reason, is there any chance it could be changed to a single click entry?

Thanks for your time & keep up the good work,

Up the Villa :flag:

General Krulak here:

1. Siimply put, I broke my own rule...I don't talk about transfers. My comments, no matter how well-intentioned, are "open to the public" and certainly open for mis-interpretation. In this case, I was not helpful to Martin or to Randy. I have apologized to both. I think everyone associated with the Club understood my comment to mean that Randy and Martin are on the same sheet of music and that their is tremendous faith and trust in our Manager...as I have been saying for two + years.

2. Moderators: Help me with this one...transfer questions are just not going to be answered.

Hi General, nothing Villa related, but I know you like the NFL but I'm just wondering if you follow the NHL and if you do what hockey team do you support, myself well I'm a massive Toronto Maple Leafs fan.......UTV