General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. A very nice win today. I think most of us realize that the lads in the back will gain a great deal as they play together...it is never easy to bring 4 folks together and get them to jell immediately. Time and MON will ensure that they operate as a well-oiled machine. I think we have a great defense and will only get better. I enjoyed watch our keeper patrol his territory...gave me confidence. The rest of the team picked up where they left off last year...tough, gritty, football. One game does NOT make a season. We need to take them a game at a time. I was proud of them and of the way they played.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

great start...lots of promise.... and i agree about the defense, they will only get better together....where did you watch the game today?....clearly somewhere with a wi fi zone to respond so quickly after the final whistle...

great start...the 2 goals they got flattered them...

will you be in the holte end for the liverpool game? they have replaced small heath as our most revilled rivals...the atmosphere will be white hot...

General Krulak here:

1. You will definitely see me in the Holte End for L'pool...as well as the rest of the stands. I would much rather walk the stadium than sit on the step in the Director's Box. I saw the game at my son's house...with my grandson. All of us in our Villa kit.

General Krulak here:

1. You will definitely see me in the Holte End for L'pool...as well as the rest of the stands. I would much rather walk the stadium than sit on the step in the Director's Box. I saw the game at my son's house...with my grandson. All of us in our Villa kit.

Do they not give you a seat? :lol:

General Krulak here:

The seat next to me is free General.....

On a serious note, I was a little disappointed to see a lot of the seats in the new Trinity corporate section quite empty. Is there a lack of interest here and do you expect many sell outs in this section this season? Surely if this area is below capacity will mean that we won't ever 'sell out' or do you only count general ticket sales for this?

Great win of course and congratulations to the whole team and MON. I hope Randy enjoyed himself at VP as much as you probably did with your family.

Thanks

Jon

Hi General, Just a little moan about something I discovered today.

A bottle of Coke/Fanta is £1.75.

Is it really necessary to have such a high price?

The price of the other items seems about normal for this type of outlet but I think the bottles are way over priced.

I don't usually moan about this sort of stuff but I was amazed at the price.

VB.

Hi General

Great win and effort by the lads today, good end to what was a rare bad experience at the ground for me.

Bought my ticket over the phone in the morning, went to the cabins behind to Holte to find a large queue waiting to collect tickets. There saw poor co-ordination and cooperation between the staff and fans regarding tickets. We ended up receiving our tickets after 20min into the game. I was informed that the same issue was happening at the box office on the other side of the stadium too. It wasn’t just people who had bought tickets that day, but season ticket holders and people who had ordered tickets two weeks ago. My point being is that the stewards were receiving a lot of stick for something a senior member of staff should have been organizing and controlling at the face of the situation and informing us of the problems.

Rant over

Keep up the good work, changes to the interior of the ground this season are top notch.

Up the villa!!

General Krulak here:

1. Tickets: Yes, in fact we had a problem with ticketing...the computer. I can assure you that Nicky Keye and her team were on this issue as soon as it was recognized. To be perfectly frank, I was extremely proud of Nicky and her team for solving what could have been a disasterous problem. Yes, it was not what we would want to have happen...and yes, fans were forced to queue up....BUT, I can promise you, Nicky and her folks were absolutely buzzing around to make things happen...to get the tickets out.

2. We are doing VERY well in the Corporate area of the Trinity...better than we had anticipated. Simply put, the game was not a sell out and we aren't going to experience a full house until the L'pool game. If you looked around the stands you could have found other areas "empty." In reality, we could not be happier with where we are right now with the Trinity Road renovations.

3. Its not that I can't get a seat...rather, it would be a waste of a seat because I am always walking around during the game.

4. I am afraid that the price of the drink is the price. It was set early on and is probably going to remain. I agree, it does seem a bit high. A $3.50 coke is a bit much for a retired Marine.

Hi General

Enjoyed the game...great win. great hattrick..Just a couple of slight moans with catering... no milk at Upper North Stand catering for hot drinks...and the bottle of beer I had was warm! Last time I was at VP for Odense game and it was boiling hot ...the bottled drinks were warm, which on a sunny day is horrid!

Just wondered what happened to the Holte End Giant Flag? ..it didn't make any appearance today!

Many thanks for all your hard work!

General ,

Met Mr Lerner yesterday he was kind enough to take time out and chat to my guests one of whom was Man City's Commercial Manager won't print what he said about the difference between our owner and his , but what he did say was how impressive the Trinity facility was . I have to reiterate its just fantastic and the staff are beaming with pride working in there , there are some teething problems like where the food is situated by the bar and the queue's that are formed .

Great start to the season !

General Krulak here:

Your really beginning to grow on me General! ;)

Do all your family have Villa Kits now? I remember you saying you saw your father recently and you gave him a villa kit too..

General.

Gotta LOVE what is happening at my club at the moment. Long may it continue! To see a predominantly ENGLISH team representing us makes me feel very proud to be a Villa fan these days.

Please can you tell me.... Has the Villa Park pitch been made shorter for this season? Just noticed that there seems to be more grass/run off behind the goals and if so was there a reason for this?

Also Villa Park looks great without the clutter of all the sponsor logos scattered around much more like a traditional stadium!

Thanks

Just wondered what happened to the Holte End Giant Flag? ..it didn't make any appearance today!

General, my partner and I both commented on this, and truth be told were a little disappointed that opening game of the season and it wasn't being unfurled. Its a question obviously asked by others since someone has opened a thread asking about it.

Otherwise, a great day. Again Shelia helped with the couple of questions I had and spent time coming down and seeing me, when all that was needed was a copy of some information for her. It was really appreciated.