General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. I am glad that fans are pleased with the UEFA ticket pricing. Ticket pricing is normally recommended by Nicky Keye to Robin Russell, our CFO. After discussing within Villa, the final decision is made by Randy. So at the end of the day, the process starts with Nicky and ends with Randy.

2. Brett to the Jets...will make the Jets stronger. If the offensive line can protect him and give him time to release the ball, Brett still has what it takes.

3. Randy is not a big baseball fan but does like the sport. Randy's oldest son is a very talented athlete all-around and plays a good game of baseball. Randy watches him play oftern.

4. I will not be at the Trinity but I have seen it and it is beautiful.

5. Tubby: Call the ticket office and explain your issue.

6. roger_moore: It is always dangerous when something flares up in the former "states". I do not think there is imminent danger but the simple fact is that one spark can sometimes cause a fire that was unexpected. It needs to be watched closely.

7. Not to worry about Bill Howell. I won't comment on his remarks other than to say he was correct re. my comment....I know better and, as I said, did not follow my own rules.

8. I will be traveling this weekend and part of next week. I will try to get on the site when I can.

I gotta say... how many club directors could ever write something like that...

One word. 'CLASS'

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, although i didn't lose my head in the panic of lack of signings i was very worried and now i really can't wait for the season to kick off! This is the excitment that i have been wanting for months!

Will you and Randy be over for the Man City game?

Hi General,

I have a little bit of an operational question. As you probably know, certain competitions have deadlines for players to be registered - for example I think for the next round of the UEFA Cup we had to submit a list by August 4th.

Who is in charge of ensuring this happens? I'm guessing the responsibility isn't on the manager. Obviously from a practical point of view he needs to be aware of this, but is there someone whose job it is to wade through the pages of UEFA, FIFA, FA and Premier League rules on all this sort of thing and let him know?

For example, I think one player can be added to our UEFA Cup squad before the match on Thursday - probably either Luke Young or Shorey. Is there someone who makes MON aware that he has this option and DOES NOT have the option of picking both (please note - I'm not suggesting for one second MON isn't completeky aware of the situation!)? Because while MON's an intelligent guy, there are a lot of rules and regulations to take in at a busy time thanks to good old red-tape!

I only ask because every season in one competition or another we see a club playing one too many loan players, or an ineligible player, and being fined or docked points or thrown out of a cup, so I assume all clubs must have someone to check exactly what is going on (I don't recall Villa ever slipping up by the way). Or is it just part of the legal department's role?

Thanks and have a good day.

Up the Villa!

Hi General. This is not a question about transfers. I don’t expect a response I just hope you read it and tell MON we are 100% behind him over BarryGate.

I just want to say please stick you your guns over Gareth Barry. I know you have said before we are not a feeder club. The price is the price and I hope we don’t have a last minute price reduction just to get him off the books. If we do the others will come after our best player Ashley Young! He is the one we need to keep here the most.

Liverpool have lost their credibility over this, we have retained ours as I would expected with MON and Randy at the Helm.

Great work as Villa Park looks even classier. I had a pint in the Holte for the first time, it is looks amazing and the food and beer was great. I was nice to sit out back and look at the mosaic on the holte.

Keep it up! Up the Villa!

Have Cleveland Browns and Aston Villa work together for some things ? Just like to know.

yeah me too, id like to know if its ever been discussed as to whether or not our squad could travel over to cleveland to have some fitness training with the browns just for a bit of fun and team building(obviously not them coming here cos bodymoor isnt THAT big)

General Krulak here:

1. Not to worry about rules and regulations re. player eligibility, etc. We have people who watch this very closely on staff...and who work directly with MON.

2. Obviously we are trying to develop a good linkage between the Browns and Villa...we think that a relationship amongst fans would be great. The key is trying to find a way to make it happen that will not burden the fans. The one thing I don't think will happen is an athletic event between the two teams. Imagine a man who weighs in at 240# and runs a 4.2 sec 40 running into one of our lads. NOT good.

3. We are over 33,000 for the ManCity game at this time. Not sure it will be a sell out but will be close. It is hard to judge what the "walk up" will look like the last week. Randy will be there for that game, I will be over for the week immediately after and thru the L'pool game.

4. I continue to pass on comments to Randy and the folks at Villa Park. Don't worry about me dropping off the site...I will not do so. Again, I am on a business trip right now so I have had to cut posting short a bit. On the road and hard to plug in.

General,

Can you get the website to update the squad section re numbers and members,

No Brad Freidel/Guzan, Nicky Shorey or Luke Young???

I know the website released the numbers in a story a few weeks ago but what numbers do the new additions have???

Looking forward to kick off keep up the good work

General,

I know the website released the numbers in a story a few weeks ago but what numbers do the new additions have???

they are up on the OS now Young 2 and Shorey 21

General,

they are up on the OS now Young 2 and Shorey 21

Holy smoke Batman that man works fast :lol::lol: , thanks for the update but can we get this page updated pls http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FirstTeam/0,,10265,00.html

Any thoughts on why shorey choose 21 over 12 or 33 say.

General, that famous saying 'action speaks louder than words' - ANOTHER signing today - well done - keep up the good work and we'll all be one happy family!!! oh, and if we sign a right midfielder and striker :winkold: I'll burst into song! Up the Villa! :cheers:

Hi General, id just like to apologise on behalf of myself and anyone who had concerns - we should have known from the last 2 years that we were in MORE than capable hands and should never have doubted you. Another fantastic signing today if it goes through, a real rock of a defender who almost single handedly carried Rangers to the UEFA Cup final last season. Now i have NO doubts we will get in a couple of attacking players and our squad will be complete, thanks General, Randy & Martin for being true to your word as you always have been. UTV.

General,

Keeping the faith makes it all so much better and look at the doubters crawling back now.

Keep it going General Sir, you just wait for the reception the team will get on Sunday - Martin O'Neills Claret and Blue army will be bringing the roof down :)

Jon

On the whole Browns / Villa thing: do you think you could devote a page in the programme to the Browns and vice-versa? Showing results, standings, key players etc. It's got to be worth a go - people might start to take an interest then.

Hi General, just like to ask how long it will take to wipe the smile off your face thinking back on the dog's abuse you took only a few weeks ago. I think you should change your sig from Semper Fidelis to "He who laughs last, laughs loudest". Keep up the good work, you are doing OK (Brummie understatement to the fore)

all I can say General is the last week has shown me why I was right to have faith in all you guys. I admit at times I have thought would it happen ?

but clearly as you kept saying things were being done and my faith has been fully justified.

I only wavered a bit General !!!

On the whole Browns / Villa thing: do you think you could devote a page in the programme to the Browns and vice-versa? Showing results, standings, key players etc. It's got to be worth a go - people might start to take an interest then.

General,

I would have absolutly no interest in this page and I'm sure that Browns fans would have no interest vice versa. If you want to know what is happening in another sport, you have the internet. Keep the Villa matchday programme for the Villa and the opposition. I'm sure Man Utd don't keep their fans updated with how tampa bay are doing and if they did it would be met with derision.

Anyhoo, congratulation to you,the board and MON, I am very pleased with the way the summer has turned out :)