General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

Only my second post on this thread, and I would like to echo the comments of Pricey1984, and say thanks for the common sense ticket prices for the UEFA Cup game, much appreciated in the current economic climate.

Also a bit off topic, but what do you think of Brett Favre going to the New York Jets? As a long-suffering Jets fan I'm surprised and delighted.Do you think the Jets can topple the evil that is the New England Patriots?

Keep up the good work.

2. Moderators: Help me with this one...transfer questions are just not going to be answered.

Happy to see you have drawn the line when it comes to transfers General hopefully the mods putting a stop to the repetative transfer postings will not only clean up this thread but allow you to get back to the job you you can do, hearing our concerns regarding the matchday experience, passing on our desires/suggestions and fixing what's broke.

General were you fined for unauthorised comments? We know what you mean't so don't worry about it. Randy will back MON

Perhaps a donation to ACORNS General?

Let's hope that you didn't receive too much flack from the club, would not want your position on the forums to be jeopardised.

General,

Firstly, it's great to see the prices so cheap again for the UEFA home leg although I probably won't be going anyway. :P Secondly, how happy are you with the completion of Nicky Shorey? Please pass the appreciations on to MON!

UTV.

General, you have been absolutely fantastic in your liaison role between the board and the fans.

As far as I’m concerned, you have only come a slight cropper simply because you tried too hard to communicate as best you could with people who were being quite unreasonable.

The majority of people appreciate how lucky we are to have you participating in this site and we are more than happy that this will be on your terms.

General, does Randy have any interest in Baseball? I understand he's a new yorker, pretty hard to get away from Baseball in that city.

I only ask because my Atlanta Braves are in desperate need of an ownership that is willing to take the club forward. I believe Liberty would sell at the drop of a hat too.

Sort it out Gen! :winkold:

General,

Not sure you've got much to apologise for. You've been badgered for 2 months and you made a comment to reassure the fans that there was money available. It's the only dialogue we fans have and the media just misconstrued your comments - they could have picked up numerous other ones made before.

Not looking good for your wife in the RB berth, eh? Perhaps we'll play her in the Carling Cup...

:D

General, well done on the prices, perfect level to pitch them at.

Seconded.

General, can you please pass on the appreciation, from what I'm sure will be a majority of fans, to whoever recommended/approved these prices? Does Randy have the final say or would he have given total authority to someone else and been told "we are charging £10 for the game"?

I agree with Hobbo here. It might be a fairly involved and personal question, but did Randy and MON feel you were at fault for the comments? In all seriousness, it was a fairly innocuous answer to a fairly innocuous question. I hope the apology wasn't expected of you, or it would make me think less of them (bit of respect please? BOF).

Edit: Apologies. Any reference to Randy and MON as cartoon characters is entirely meant with plenty of respect and a bucketfull of love.

Hi General,

First of all I`d like to pass on my congrats to everyone at VP for the fine job you`ve all been doing since you came on board.

Secondly, is there much banter between you, Randy and the squad when the US play England at any sport? If so I bet it will be an interesting couple of weeks now the Olympics have started.

All the best to everyone at VP - keep on smiling cuz the Claret and Blue army is 100% behind you!

Dubbs :)

General, I have been trying to get into the Seat Exchange website, I get diverted back to the Villa site when attempting to log in, proceed to enter my account details and it returns an error. I then retry Seat Exchange and I get a runtime error immediately. Are there any issues with SE or the Villa website, was hoping to check out the process of selling my ST but obviouisly I can't. Cheers Jon

Edit: Just to be clear I mean to exchange my ST for one match not to sell it completely!

General it's the opening night or trial run of the Trinity Resteraunt on Tuesday are you going to be there ? Another good pr promotion as all 200 people who attend will be getting free meals . Another little bonus and change under the new regime .

General, I have been trying to get into the Seat Exchange website, I get diverted back to the Villa site when attempting to log in, proceed to enter my account details and it returns an error. I then retry Seat Exchange and I get a runtime error immediately. Are there any issues with SE or the Villa website, was hoping to check out the process of selling my ST but obviouisly I can't. Cheers Jon

Edit: Just to be clear I mean to exchange my ST for one match not to sell it completely!

I have found the whole seat exchange process extremely fiddly and difficult.

There is however a very helpfull guy who works for Villa (don't know his name Gen but he's a really good chap) who can help - call the ticket office.

I do know you have to go in via the Villa website and use log on details Villa provided to us sometime ago. You can't create your own logon at Seat Exchange.

General, it might be a good idea to remind season ticket holders of how it all works and what their logon details are.

Hi General, ive just noted on the official site that The Holte will be invitation only again this season.

Just wanted to ask if other possibilities were looked into? I personally feel its a bad way to run it on a matchday and with a constantly revolving clientelle it wont build the atmosphere it would have as a first served first come pub. Its the sort of place id get to early to get in and have as my matchday pub.

Thanks

Reasons to be cheerful

By Bill Howell on August 7, 2008 3:09 PM | Permalink

IF you take away the U-turn on the statement that should never have been issued, and then the messageboard nonesense from someone who should know better it has been the perfect fortnight for Aston Villa.

Martin O'Neill was made to look a little foolish at revealing his delight at Gareth Barry apparently set to stay at the club and then three days later was uttering a complete reversal.

Liverpool, it appears, now have all the time in the world.

Then General Krulak says the club are prepared to pay £30 million for a player and then wonders quite why there was such a fuss in some newspapers whose journalists have been made to search through the internet for their stories, such is the lack of information coming out of the club.

Villa should be bigger than this.

Do you see the Glazers, Tom Hick or George Gillette feeding soundbites through the internet?

Of course not.

But leaving those two errors of judgement aside Villa fans have every right to be content with how events have transpired over the last few days.

First we had Curtis Davies' sudden return from injury a month or so ahead of schedule.

Then we had the arrivals of Brad Friedel and Brad Guzan- one for now and one for tomorrow in the goalkeeping department.

Then today the club are set to beat off fierce competition for Nicky Shorey and Luke Young.

That's the back five sorted and now all Villa need is a right-sided midfielder, a striker and some defensive cover. Easier said than done, but with the season still ten days away the horizon is now much, much brighter.

use short links

General, Do you have any roles in banning people from the club, if you do this man should be at the top of your list.

General Krulak: Sorry about '£30m on one player' comment

Aug 8 2008

Charles Krulak

GENERAL Charles Krulak has apologised to Randy Lerner and Martin O’Neill for revealing on his internet messageboard the club would be prepared to lavish £30million on one player.

The non-executive director has been forced into an embarassing climbdown after giving supporters false hope of a money spree.

Again writing on a fans’ site Krulak said: “Simply put, I broke my own rule –I don’t talk about transfers.

“My comments, no matter how well-intentioned, are open to the public and certainly open for mis-interpretation.

“In this case, I was not helpful to Martin or to Randy. I have apologised to both.

‘‘I think everyone associated with the club understood my comment to mean that Randy and Martin are on the same sheet of music and that their is tremendous faith and trust in our manager.’’

link

The mail don't give up do they.