General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

I would like to congratulate you and the people at Aston Villa for the quality of the service at the food and drink stalls on Saturday. The employees behind the bar were extremely polite and fast and seemed to work very well with one another. The food was good and it was obvious work had gone into making the service a better one. I understand that it has been a problem in the past for a few people so thought i would comment on the vast improvement and proffesionalism.

Thanks

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I really enjoyed the game yesterday, but I would like to have a little moan about the catering in the North Stand Upper. Upon going to get a beer I was told that last orders' had gone, I asked what time last orders is and was told 2:45 (15 mins before kick off). I looked at their clock and seen it said 2:50pm...5 minutes fast, i asked someone next to me the time and they said it was 2:44 my phone also had 2:44pm. I argued my case and they refused to serve me, which was unfair as they had put their clock 5 mins fast!!

Sorry if this seems like a feeble arguement, but I really did fancy a beer!

general, were you outside the david targett suite at all on witton lane yesterday before the game? this bloke in a villa suit looked just like you but didn't look like you if you know what i mean!!!? :lol:

and, half way through (i think) last season there was an article on the official site saying that the witton railway bridge would be re painted claret and blue as it's all looking quite poor now. there was even an artist's impression on the o/s. having seen it yesterday, it still hadn't been done. i was wondering if maybe the club had forgotten? :)

general, were you outside the david targett suite at all on witton lane yesterday before the game? this bloke in a villa suit looked just like you but didn't look like you if you know what i mean!!!? :lol:

and, half way through (i think) last season there was an article on the official site saying that the witton railway bridge would be re painted claret and blue as it's all looking quite poor now. there was even an artist's impression on the o/s. having seen it yesterday, it still hadn't been done. i was wondering if maybe the club had forgotten? :)

I agree General, I actually brought this topic up about 2 years ago and was told it was too hard to get it done but then a while back I think you said it was on the 'to do' list.

Be nice to see it shining in Claret and Blue!

General Krulak here:

1. Flag: It has been decided that we will not run the flag out for every game...the logistics are just too great and the demands on the fans too much to do it for every game. I personally love the flag...but it is HUGE and causes a good deal of prior work to get it going.

2. The fans were GREAT yesterday. I watched the game on the telly and the place was rocking...could hear all the songs and cheers. Well done to the fans!!

3. MYSTERMAN: Thanks for the comments re. the Trinity. As I might have mentioned, the entire effort was the idea of Randy...and he designed it personally.

4. Pitch is basically the same.

5 NicklinJPA and VillaMike: I have passed both of your comments on to Alison Plant.

6. Sorry, no one saw me at game yesterday...was in US.

7. We will eventually get around to painting the train station but that has taken a back seat to much of the work we are doing now. When we first looked at that project, we did not realize how much work would be required to get the stadium and systems up to snuff. We need to work on priority projects first...to include "you know what."

We need to work on priority projects first...to include "you know what."

:shock: Don't mention the T-word! You'll get carded you know :D

Good win yesterday General, at this rate Gabby's going to score 114 this season, and that's just in the league. Long may it continue. We're second in the Premiership and long may that continue too!

Still no vegetarian options on Sunday, i was hoping the options may have been improved. So i was stuck with chips as usual. Would be great to have a vegi burger or something similar available, just one option to go with the chips. Infact there used to be some kind of vegetarian slice but that seemed to get scrapped for some reason. And the beers are bad enough being Carlsberg, but when they are warm Carlsberg it's enough to make you throw up.

this post from "briand" copied from being accidentally posted in the wrong thread

hi general how are you today, happy with the great win on saturday, well a few things like to ask you im in p6 jj 145 in the upper doug ellis, im partial sighted and rely on my son and the load speaker system there for info which isnt very good, the other thing have you got plans for the catering up there as it is poor, also could i surgest the team coming out towe will rock you by queen as they used to.

we have met once and would like to meet you again if possible .

i think you are all doing a great job and thank randy for me we will get there .

regards

brian

General Krulak here:

1. Pizza Pods were the result of two posts to me on "another" site...I passed the word to Alison and she and her team "made it happen." Perfect example of the Club responding to fans. NOW all we need is a VEGGIE option...I hear you!!!!

2. Brian: We are very much aware of the sound issues...and, in fact, attempted to solve some of the issues this summer. Simply put, the system was not taken care of over the years and has detriorated to the point that we must replace the entire system. We will be doing that but it has to "get in line" for priority. We did add food kiosks around Villa Park to include upper doug ellis but I will pass your comment on to Alison.

Glad to know it's on the to do list! I actually asked almost every burger van on the way back to the car for a vegi burger and they all said they had sold out, they are obviously running low on vegi burgers in the Aston area!

General Krulak here:

7. We will eventually get around to painting the train station but that has taken a back seat to much of the work we are doing now. When we first looked at that project, we did not realize how much work would be required to get the stadium and systems up to snuff. We need to work on priority projects first...to include "you know what."

I agree with this point General, as someone in the IT industry I know that Villa are seen as a very forward thinking company with regards to their IT investment and even MO'N is known to get involved. Shows that he isn't just a 'sawdust on the floor' type manager.

hi general, good win on sunday,went to holte suite before game and only managed to get served once the bar staff are very slow at serving and there is not enough staff there,it must take a least half an hour to get served very poor. apart from that good day out keep up the good work

hi general, good win on sunday,went to holte suite before game and only managed to get served once the bar staff are very slow at serving and there is not enough staff there,it must take a least half an hour to get served very poor. apart from that good day out keep up the good work

I have to agree General it was very poor as we were averaging hour hour a time at the bar so we have decided to find elswhere for a drink. There was just no urgency shown by the staff.

I hope you are keeping well, General.

During half time on Sunday, my family and other season card holders around me in K5 took a good look around us and at our view of the other stands. We all commented that Villa Park was looking great. A fresh coat of paint in places, all very clean and no advertisement boards covering our beloved claret and blue.

Subsequently a thread was started regarding the lack of advertisements. Some fans have posted that it is a deliberate act by Randy to make the stadium look a bit classier. Others have suggested taking dozens of boards away will enable a premium to be gained on a few that may re-appear (I'm not so sure this makes business sense, but it's not my business!). I suppose it could always be both reasons and Villa Park would still look better than last season.

Can you cast any light on Randy's/the club's thinking on this issue?

General, my first post in here and can I just congratulate yourself and Randy on the amazing transformation that the club has taken since your arrival. Long may it continue.

A bit of a gripe though. I placed an order through Villa Direct on 18th May and am yet to recieve it. I have emailed the sales department along with my order number etc and am yet to get a reply (that was well over a week ago now) which I'm sure you will agree is extremely unproffessional on their part. Do you have the details of someone I could contact directly to try and track down my order.

Much appreciated

General,

I finally got to go to VP for the first time in my life for the Man City match. The ground was another world of quality compared to the Irish stadiums around me and the match was well worth the trip.And I will be going again very soon. HOWEVER I found no bars around VP I could get into as some were for Invites only, which is great as it helps ensure local Villa fans get their drinks, food and I agree with that and think its great and I think it should be left that way, and the rest I found were for away fans only, so is there any way you can put a list on the villa web site or inclosed with the tickets bought from the villa site of pubs around VP traviling villa fans can go to and infact the same with hotels would be most helpful. I know you dont want to be an advertiser for pubs and hotels but it would be much easier for us travling Villa fans and would ensure more would go back again and again.