General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. My wife has taken my passport from me until after the 25th...said she would rip my lips off if I went to UK Chrisstmas weekend.

2. Martin receives quite a bit of mail on a daily basis but does read it all over time. Obviously it would be impossible to answer each letter.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Popped down to Villa Park today and can I sat how impressed I am with the cosmetic changes to date. The screen behind the North Stand surprised me! The directional signs are a welcome addition and The Holte pub looks impressive as you drive up! Along with the ground signs on the stands and the train station signs, the ground is really starting to impress!

General have you got round to trying a Birmingham Balti yet? :winkold:

General i was sitting at the top of the Trinity and can see neither screens, the sighting is poor there for replays or anything

The stands were there before the screens and there are black spots around the ground. Can't see what you expect the General to do about this??

General Krulak here:

1. The sinage and large screens are all part of the good work done by Richard Fitzgerald and his "Tiger Team" that was placed in charge of bringing a new look to Villa Park. I agree, I think it looks great. What is really special is to come off the motorway at night...with Villa lit up...drive towards a lighted Holte Pub...follow the new signs...and pull into the North End and see that huge screen showing Gabby putting one in the back of the net!!!! Sort of makes your day!!!! Slowly but surely we are making good headway. Randy knows exactly where he wants to take the Club...on and off the Pitch...and is following his plan. As I have said since the day I came on this site, trust Randy.

2. No Birmingham Balti yet. Next time I am over, I will have one!

General will Villa have feeder clubs abroad? this would allow us to buy young talent from South America/NON EU places loan them out to get their EU passport and then enter the Villa Youths to bypass passport laws; other clubs implement this and also send out fringe players for more games, it would allow you to blood the youths in reserve games whilst giving the bench warmers a chance to play elsewhere too

General have you got round to trying a Birmingham Balti yet? :winkold:

General i was sitting at the top of the Trinity and can see neither screens, the sighting is poor there for replays or anything

The stands were there before the screens and there are black spots around the ground. Can't see what you expect the General to do about this??

Make consideration for this issue if any further development occurs? perhaps install screens on the roof of a blind spot for us to look at I dont know, if I did I would have made a suggestion, maybe he knows...

General Krulak here:

2. No Birmingham Balti yet. Next time I am over, I will have one!

Where abouts in Birmingham do you stay, General?

Obviously not after an adress, but if you let us know which 'area' you are closest too then perhaps someone could let you know of a decent curry house.

General, you may not be aware of the London Bias in this country but I hope you can appreciate this.

the FA today gave the go ahead for the national football centre which they had already brought land at Burton for, However apparentl accoridng to Radio 5 they are looking at alternatives and most of us based in the Midlands believes that this is because of the London lobby.

as the premier club in the midlands and Bodymoor being only 20 miles away this would be perfect for the area and we could help out and benefit. I wonder if it is possible for the club to lobby the FA for this and ensure it is placed in the land they had already brought for it.

General

Can you give us updates as to how ticket sales are going for forthcoming games at home to Man City, Tottenham and Man Utd please.

Given that 2 of them kick off at 5ish and are on TV and the other is the Saturday before Christmas I think these games will give us a real gauge of the return of the missing thousands!

General,

I'm coming over from Barcelona with my family for the Wigan away game, Katrina Adamson in the Marketing Department has been kind enough to organise a tour of the Villa Park for us on the Friday before the game. Please pass on my thanks to Katrina. I don't know if you'll be at Villa Park that day or at the Wigan game, but I'd love to say hello to you. If you're at the game look out for our new Barcelona Lions banner, it's quite impressive.

Anyway, General, thank you to Randy, Martin O'Neill, Richard Fitzgerald and his fine team and yourself for all you're doing for our great.

General Krulak here:

1. We are looking at a concept like a "feeder club."..yes.

2. When I am in the UK I normally stay in one of the hotels in the middle of the City or at New Hall.

3. Yes, the Club is aware of the National Football Centre and will watch this very closely.

4 ManCity at 39,716 and shooting for 41k; Spurs at 35,581 and shooting for 40k; ManU at 25,876 and shooting for 39-40k; Reading at 29,906. We are doing well but obviously still have some room in the Inn.

5 EamonDeacy: Great to hear that your are coming in from Barcelona with your family..and am glad you are going to join us for a tour of VP. Katrina is a great representative of the Villa Family...you got a good one there! I hope to be at the game so will be on the lookout for your Barcelona Lions banner. Again, thank you for making the trip. We have great fans who travel long distances...Spain, Norway/Denmark/Sweden, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, US, Australia, Middle East...you name it. ALL are welcome.

General Krulak here:

1. We are looking at a concept like a "feeder club."..yes.

2. When I am in the UK I normally stay in one of the hotels in the middle of the City or at New Hall.

3. Yes, the Club is aware of the National Football Centre and will watch this very closely.

4 ManCity at 39,716 and shooting for 41k; Spurs at 35,581 and shooting for 40k; ManU at 25,876 and shooting for 39-40k; Reading at 29,906. We are doing well but obviously still have some room in the Inn.

5 EamonDeacy: Great to hear that your are coming in from Barcelona with your family..and am glad you are going to join us for a tour of VP. Katrina is a great representative of the Villa Family...you got a good one there! I hope to be at the game so will be on the lookout for your Barcelona Lions banner. Again, thank you for making the trip. We have great fans who travel long distances...Spain, Norway/Denmark/Sweden, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, US, Australia, Middle East...you name it. ALL are welcome.

Hi General,

I think it us that has to thank you. I'm back from Australia for 10 days to visit family for christmas but my first stop is Villa Park to get tickets for the game on Saturday.

I moved to Aus 4 years ago for work (hard work I know :D with all the sun, surf and some other stuff) but after following Villa home and away for my previous 27 years of my life it's hard not being able to do that anymore although I do get to see 90% of Villa games on Australian TV which not the same does keep me in touch.

To my point though, what you and Randy have done is amazing and I'm so looking forward to going to Villa Park tomo.

Many thanks General

Nick

General how do clubs arrive at the figure of the transfer fee? we always buy high and sell low and I wondered roughly how valuations of players are made? this is not a dig btw I am genuinely asking how we agree say 8m upfront for Young and Extra Add ons and so forth and does the club have a list of all the players that are potentially out of contract come this summer?

On a side to TrentVillas comment, I rang the ticket office to try and get some tickets and they said Wigan wern't going to give us another allocation...however with a bit of pressure (they wont fill their ground) im certain they can be persuaded to give us some more tickets.

Hi General,

If you're stopping in the city I can highly recommend The Maharaja in the Chinese Quarter or The Raj Doot on the edge of Hockley.

Well done for all that's been achieved since you, Randy and RF cam on board. Keep it up!