General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Suffering Villa: Not sure what you mean by your question. If you are asking if I know of any other Club Director posting on Fan Web Sites, the answer is no. It is probably a sure fire recipe for divorce court!!!

2. I can't really discuss financial considerations for the transfer season...for many reasons. Posting that sort of information on a web site might well be picked up by other Clubs or the media. Not a good thing. This type of information is very close-hold....for all Clubs.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General first echo the Merry xmas to you, Randy and everyone at VP

Secondly how is Randy feeling about Sunday ? The plan with the Browns was long term building of the club and the Browns fans and Randy might get rewarded for their paitentce, something some Villa fans should learn.

It really is the big game isn;t it ?

Can the Browns get the win they need ?

I think so and will be watching it in the UK

Good luck to them and this from a bloke who before Randy was never really that bothered about American Football

Hi General,

Just to let you know I'll FINALLY be making my long awaited return to the Holte End for tomorrow's game against Man City, the first time in over a year, last time was the 3-1 loss to Man City last season. Thanks for your help over the past year, I actually got to see more football than I have for a good few years and that was mainly down to you, so I can't thank you enough for that, really made a difference to what was quite a miserable time in my life.

I can't wait to be back in the Holte End tomorrow, the wait has been far too long, now I can actually start giving something back to the club rather than just sponging off you! :D

I remember saying last Christmas that I hoped it wasn't my last, and (touch wood...) it wasn't, I'm feeling great and looking forward to a thumping win tomorrow, hope you and the Krulaks have a great Christmas are you having a large family get together?

Look forward to seeing you back over in the UK soon, hopefully with a fully functioning back and everything!

Paddy

General.

May i wish the Browns the very best of luck this weekend. Fantastic win last week in awful conditions !!!

On completely seperate issue, and i profusely apologise if this has already been posted, but is there any chance of inviting Juan Pablo Angel over as guest of honour in the near future ? He was a bit of a fans fave at the Villa and neither he or the supporters didnt really get a chance to say a proper goodbye. I think this would be a nice tribute.

May i also take the opportunity to wish you, your family and the directors and owner of Aston Villa F.C a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year, thank you for a great 2007...here's to 2008...cheers..

Hi General,

Just to let you know I'll FINALLY be making my long awaited return to the Holte End for tomorrow's game against Man City, the first time in over a year, last time was the 3-1 loss to Man City last season. Thanks for your help over the past year, I actually got to see more football than I have for a good few years and that was mainly down to you, so I can't thank you enough for that, really made a difference to what was quite a miserable time in my life.

I can't wait to be back in the Holte End tomorrow, the wait has been far too long, now I can actually start giving something back to the club rather than just sponging off you! :D

I remember saying last Christmas that I hoped it wasn't my last, and (touch wood...) it wasn't, I'm feeling great and looking forward to a thumping win tomorrow, hope you and the Krulaks have a great Christmas are you having a large family get together?

Look forward to seeing you back over in the UK soon, hopefully with a fully functioning back and everything!

Paddy

Welcome back Paddy!! :D

Hi General,

I would like to ask you a friendly question. Does a very successful person and ex war vet like yourself have dinner cooked for him on Christmas day? or do you have to help cook it yourself? :) I am the latter and glad of it because that way I know I won't be getting any food poisoning off the missus over Christmas!

I noticed that a post on page 321 came from a person called Eamonn Deacy, I wondered if you know that a player of the same name played for the Villa from 1979-1984. I remember seeing him as a kid and if it is the guy who played for Villa I think it's great to know he is still fond of the club!

I have been ill for the last 3 days and didn't know if I would make it to the game today but my doctor has supplied me with some anti-biotics and steroids for my breathing and now I am all set to go and see us gain 3 valuable points to get us past the 30 point mark!

This will be my last post 'til after Christmas so I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas General. The same goes to all connected with the name Aston Villa.

UP THE VILLA!!!! :D

General, have you ever considered becoming an agony aunt/uncle (Dont know whether they're called this in the US)? Kinda like Doctor Phil I suppuse but it would be 'General Krulak'. Perhaps you could get a spot in the match day program called 'Ask the General'? ;)

Good luck to the Browns, the transformation there in the last few seasons has been remarkable, fingers crossed Villa can emulate that. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all that work hard for the Villa and all VTers.

Villa 2- 0 Man City. Carew to score first, put your life savings on it.

General Krulak here:

1. Cleveland Browns: Simply put, the Browns have two more games to play. If they win against Cincinnati this weekend, they are in the playoffs. A win next weekend would probably do it too. The key is a win this weekend and any number of permutations around the league may well give us the Division and home field advantage in the playoffs. So, yes, this is a critical game. The Browns are, in many ways, an example of what Randy is trying to do with Villa. BUILD A WINNER. To do it right, you need to take the time to not only build the Team but also build the infrastructure to support the team and the fans. That is what Randy has been doing in Cleveland over the past 5 years.

2. Paddy: One of the best Christmas presents I will receive is the knowledge that you are back at the Holte End. Thank God for watching over you ....and welcome "Home."

3. Mrs "K" and I cook Christmas dinner. You all obviously have the wrong idea about a General in the US Forces....we are not weathy!!

Gen

I really am sorry to have to post this, over the past twelve months I have poster with suggestions / jokes / questions and everything but today it is to tell you of a bad experience that has cost the club over £100. I will be emailing the club as well wih this, but just thought I would post you.

This morning I drive the 50 off miles to Villa Park to get there a=for 9am as my wife took me to the club shop to get a Xmas pressie. I've seen a Retro Euro cup jacket (exact the same as the shirt , only the jacket) and thought - I'll have that. To cut a long story very short, we got there, couldn't find it. Asked a lady, around late 40's smallish ginger short hair and she said they had it and took me to it. It was a blue one. I said, no, the one I want is white sorry, to which she said in a really rue manner "no, you said the european cup jacket. I said , yes the white one, the one thats the same as the top, only is a jacket - to which she said "this is it" - I said "no it's white" she then said in the most sarcastic, patronising and condisending manner "noooo, we are aston villa, we are claret and blue look (pointing to a villa shirt) - to which I got patronising backand said "noooo, the european cup top look, white and claret ! - my wife said forget it and choose something else. But instead, I thought no, why should I buy something from here after being treated like that, so I left that, put back the slippers and mug and didn't bother going to the ticket office to get a Liverpool away ticket - instead I'm having a nice pair of wireless speakers so I can listen to the matches in the bath !!!

I know it isn't your problem, but the problem with having the american "the customer is the main priority / the customer should be treated with repect" is that you need the staff to recognise this.

Thanks for the whinge - and I'm blinking frustrated by the game as well.

have a wonderful Xmas and I speak on behalf of all fans on this site to say we are honoured and eternally grateful for having the opportunity air our views to you.

General

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Thank you very much for all the feeback, it really is appreciated.

Incidentally whilst I was way on holiday recently I read a novel by John Grisham called "Playing for Pizza" where the main character is a a quarter back who messed up a chance of the Cleveland Browns getting into the Superbowl and being threatened by the fans and "hounded out of town" etc- did Grisham have to get Randy's OK and what did he think of the idea of his team being used?

Rubbish book by the way......... in my opinion!

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours this Christmas, General. A Merry Christmas to Nicky Keye and everyone down at VP too, the work everyone put in to make my nephews the mascots in Toronto is something that I and hopefully they will never forget.

General,

My christmas is going to be a little bit sad this year, as my search for a single wigan away ticket is still proving fruitless!

I am willing to pay over the odds as i have hardly missed a game this season and spent a lot of my hard-earned money (which is quite hard to come by seeing as how i'm a student!) travelling the country watching the villa, and dont like missing games!

Do you know anyone who may be able to offer me a spare?

Merry Christmas to yourself and all staff at the Villa and here's to a successful new year!!! :D