General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

I agree with the last post that there is certainly no need to apologise about the non-attendance at the Villa v Blues game, after all it's a major thing to have your team go top of the league and if it were Villa with that chance you would have people missing weddings and funerals!

I am sure that someone at the Blues will have something to say in the press about you not being their but that's because they have no class. What else would you expect from a club run by a poor imitation of Hugh Hefner? their is an article in today's Sun newspaper where he says he is fuming more than ever and that your apology was a "load of waffle". It's not your fault General that he doesn't have the intelligence to realise that people from other countries have different ways of expressing themselves and that what we take to mean one thing, can mean another thing somewhere else! Don't worry because you will have the biggest and most intelligent part of Birmingham to back you up :)

Just a quick mention about the firefighter who lost his life "VillaAsh post above". I am sure you know what it's like to put your life on the line and without those brave firemen there would be a lot less people alive fortunate of watching their beloved football club so it would be nice if Villa AND Blues could have one minutes applause to praise the efforts made by those poor firemen who perished in Warwickshire this week.

Hope the back gets better and the Browns win along with the Villa! Good luck to us all!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Claret Mahoney: I would ask that you contact John Greenfield at AVFC (Hd of our store) and explain in detail what you encountered on VD. He NEEDS to hear of this. I will also pass on your comments but he should also hear them from you.

Is his email just simply John.Greenfield@avfc.co.uk? Anyone else know besides the General?

Not sure if this has been asked before, but as there are a lot of Cleveland Browns fans on here these days? Has anyone at the club thought about selling some Browns merchandise on the online shop, or if not, do you think it is something you may look into?

2. Claret Mahoney: I would ask that you contact John Greenfield at AVFC (Hd of our store) and explain in detail what you encountered on VD. He NEEDS to hear of this. I will also pass on your comments but he should also hear them from you.

Is his email just simply John.Greenfield@avfc.co.uk? Anyone else know besides the General?

that should get to him - yes

Not sure if this has been asked before, but as there are a lot of Cleveland Browns fans on here these days? Has anyone at the club thought about selling some Browns merchandise on the online shop, or if not, do you think it is something you may look into?

Certainly a great idea. 'American football' is becoming more and more popular over here, I watched my first game the other day, my university team who now play in a league for the second year. Im always told the Browns are rubbish and are often referred to as 'The Clowns'! Glad to hear they are on the verge of greatness though, best of luck and no hard feelings from the Villa faithful, we know you're with us.

Thanks for all your work with the fans general, you wouldnt believe how much it is appreciated. You're a legend in the making as far as we're concerned.

Heres to a Browns, Villa double!

Hi General, Woody1000 here.

I know that you have probably heard this thousends of times but I just wanted to say how great it is that somebody as busy as yourself takes the time to speak to us fans and give us a platform to voice any feedback, be it good or bad.

There is a lot of talk these days about foreign ownership being bad for football in this country but what Randy, yourself and the rest of the board have done since Randy took over last year have been nothing short of phenomenal and is a fine example to set to any current or perspective owner be they British or foreign!

It's a shame that you are not able to make the game on Sunday but hopefully you will be there in April for the return fixture.

Thank you

Woody1000

p.s Get Well Soon!

Hi General, hope the back's a bit better,

Just wondered if you're aware of the situation with G14, or what G14 are. Don't mean to patronise you if you're already well aware, but they're 14 of Europe's biggest clubs that look after their own interests. For some reason my computer won't let me copy and paste at the moment so I can't post any info on them, but info is easy to find, infact it seems (after a quick read) they're called G14 and there's actually about 18, go figure.

Anyway they're looking to expand and get some more members and I was wondering if we'd looked at trying to join them? They do come in for a lot of stick, as people think they're planning on forming a breakaway league. And I can't say I agree with the whole thing... but that's probably jealousy, if you can't beat em, join em, as the phrase goes,

So was just wondering if you and Randy had conidered it or were aware of the situation?

Hi General,

I don't know if I should even be bringing my issue to your attention. Someone mentioned that I should, and though I think it's a bit audacious of me, I thought I'd give it a go. It's concerning Villa Direct and the service we as fans are getting from them. Many of us would like to spend our money at Villa direct rather then one of the 3rd party conglomerates out there. We feel as if buying from VD is more like "giving the money" straight to the club and therefore supporting it straight away. Anyways, that being said he is my problem: (there is a thread about this in the VT section)

Ok so on the 23rd of October I ordered on the internet:

Aston Villa Pre Match Top - Claret L

Aston Villa North America Villa on Tour T-Shirt - L

Aston Villa Travel Polo - Claret L

I ordered all these shirts at one time, expecting to receive all of them. Half the reason I ordered the tops were because of the 10% discount. The shipping options were either $15 or $30, I went for the $15 and thought for $102 worth of merchandise that ain't bad. Well tonight I get only ONE of the products, my "Aston Villa North America Villa on Tour T-Shirt - L". Which cost me $24, (and this is where I get mad) BUT they charge me $15 to send just this item!? They say the other items are out of stock! I wouldn't have ordered just ONE TOP for $24 and pay almost the same price for SHIPPING! Also I've ordered products from the UK before and Royal Mail is only like 4 or 5 Quid to the US!

I guess it's just upsetting to be charged $15 for a top that is $24. I mean I wanted all the tops I ordered, but part of that was because I could order 3 tops and only pay $15. (That kinda offset the price to me I guess, made it a more 'comfortable' purchase for me).

Thoughts on what I should do? I figure I'd say something on here before I call Villa Direct and bitch and moan.

P.S.- Shouldn't the Villa Direct Website KNOW if a top is out of stock when I try ordering it!? I mean COME ON! Since receiving my shirt I've gone on the VD website and it still shows that the other 2 tops are STILL IN STOCK! This is deceiving and unacceptable.

P.P.S. - Sorry to bother you with such a trivial issue General.

Hello General,

Just to let you and all know I had a similar issue with villa direct, I had sent in an order for home shorts and added a few things because I had to pay $28 shipping anyway. So my order arrived with all except the shorts. I had sent an email everyday for 4 days to the address provided and each day it bounced back(this is a issue that still does to be addressed).

Anyway I called the help line and after a bit of a wait on hold I got through to a rep. TAZ was his name, I explained the problem and he put me on hold and when he came back I was told that when the shorts come in they will call me and send them on with the 20% discount that was running at the time and will give free shipping to me, regular mail to Cayman Islands. So I was happy with this. I have not received a call yet.

I do think the site should have some kind of info provided when an item runs out via stock counts etc. to prevent this happening again or at least have someone get in contact with the customer before the order is shipped to see if they still want it.

I don’t know if John Greenfield reads this thread, but if so maybe he will find this helpful.

Cheers

How sweet was that, Chuck mate? Like you I've got a bit of a back problem at the moment, but I was out of the chair like an Olympic gymnast when Gabby headed home. Good times for all of us in the Villa family.

General.

Just got back from the villa v blose game great game we played superb and deserved to win however after the game i and other fans were subject to having missiles such as bricks and coins thrown at our heads some of which almost landed square on my forehead.

There were alot of kids mixed in with the crowd and it didnt matter to their fans who were also being targeted Id like you to persue this matter to the FA with the help of the board and have their club chastized for this because that behaviour should not be tolerated. violence is supposed to be being kicked out of football and after today it looked no different than it did 5 years ago. anyway great game and Up the villa

General, after reading comments on this board regarding the disgraceful behaviour of small heath 'fans' I would hope the club are going to take a strong stance on this and push for action to be taken against Bcfc.

Although i understand it is hard to single people out and take action in these circumstances, I think its high time we as a club stood up for the safety of our fans.

Is there anyway or chance it could be possible to ban away fans from the reverse fixture? I don't see why after they show a total lack of respect for our fans, that we should even allow theirs in our ground.

Did anyone notice that steward shouting abuse at Barry just as he went to take a corner? Classy club.

P.s, congratulations to everyone connected with Villa, a top result and well deserved.

General

Trivial in comparison to some of the previous posts.

Looking through the fantastic gallery on the official site, I was wondering if it is possible for fans to get hold of high resolution pictures from todays game. Either as a poster/photo or to use as a desktop backgound on a PC or even to have printed on a tee shirt. The picture of Gabby showing his name to the crowd is iconic and I would imagine plenty of Villa fans would quite like to have something like that as a memento.

Cheers

Andy