General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

...I'm hoping to bring my Under 10 youth football side up from Cheltenham to watch a match at VP and maybe hopefully get them a tour of the stadium. I wanna make the day as good as possible ...

This is what the club needs to do encourage young kids from local teams to come to the villa instead of seeing them wear Man u and Liverpool shirts never going to watch a game.

I think when Villa play teams that bring a low amount of supporters they should give the top tier of the away stand to local youth football teams as it will pay dividends in the future of AVFC. and keep the support for many years to come.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when Villa play teams that bring a low amount of supporters they should give the top tier of the away stand to local youth football teams as it will pay dividends in the future of AVFC. and keep the support for many years to come.

Sorry to jump in on the Generals behalf.

The club runs the Aston Schools league and hosts it on the indoor pitches in the academy building behind the North Stand. They have a number of different age based leagues, and the under 11's league has around 15 schools from within the local area. In addition the club provides training with the kids at their schools on a regular basis (Ben Petty does some of the training sessions) and gives out educational materials. In the past the club have tied this in with their sponsors and given out Nike equipment to the schools, and tickets are also given out on occasions.

Prior to the game against Chelsea in the cup a few years back (Angels goal!) some of the kids were allowed to meet with the players prior to the match.

As someone with indirect experience of the effect this has on the kids (the missus is a teacher) I can tell you that the battle for hearts and minds is already being won. It's an area that the club already does exceptionally well in, and to its credit doesn't feel the need to shout too loudly about.

I've said this before General, but please pass on our thanks to all involved.

General krulak here:

1. bcarpet, please contact Lee Preece at Villa Park and tell him what you desire to do. He will help sort it out.

2. There will be a ticket office in City Centre Store before it is all over.

3. 3rd kit...pretty good answer already posted. I have explained in pretty good detail why all of the kit came out late. We knew it was going to happen when we signed with Nike but Randy was willing to take the loss of revenue to get a quality kit. As for reducing the price because the sponsor may change next year...or give a refund on a new kit...I don't think that will happen. No one is trying to "rip" the fans off...but the reality of a sponsor change will sometimes cause this sort of thing to happen. It is not an everyday event...or every year. If it makes you feel any better at all, my 5 (count them 5) grandchildren have all put in a request to Father Christmas for a kit. Remember, the exchange ratio is 2-1 so I am really getting it put to me. I can see EVERYONE feeling for me now!!!

General,

Im sure if anyone ever had a 5th of your bank account we would be happy, so no....noone is going to feel sorry for you for buying 5 kits!! but hey, fair play to you, its good to see you getting more villa fans on board!

General,

The work for Villa has been tremendous since the take over and improvements are seen everywhere. However...I am concerned about the official site of AVFC. The site doesnt hold the right quality in my opinion and is quite an "unfinished product". The heading/logo looks poor and unbalanced with a part of it fading and has smudged colours. It is just a feeling you get when you visit the site and the first impression is important for any website.

I havent had much criticism about anything concerning the "off the pitch" work of AVFC, but this disturbs me a little bit because it is the clubs representation on the internet. I know this is hardly the first thing on your agenda but it would be interesting to know if you are happy with the site or if there are plans to make it better in due time?

There are functionality and information issues too that arent that satisfying. Looking on, for example, the site of Cleveland Browns there are a different quality and other Premier League clubs has better and more modern technology advanced sites than Villa. It is, as I said, the representation on the internet for the club and is somewhat vital in that way.

I am sure that you want what is best for Villa in every aspect, but the new official site is a little bit of a disappointment. How does the board look on this issue after letting the product go online despite not looking that professional and missing important information or is hard to find?

General,

I have a question with regard to season tickets.

I noticed from the OS that we only have 400 half season tickets left and that once they have gone that the club aims to create a waiting list. I have a 4 year-old nephew who is just beginning to get the Villa bug but as yet is too young to go to the games. It was my intention to start to bring him to the odd game over the next couple of years and then get him a season ticket when he is 6. How will this work if there is a waiting list or will the club make any allowances for existing season ticket holders who want to buy an additional season ticket for a child?

I know that we have to have limits but wondered if the club had thought this through - this is new to us all as we have never had this before.

General,

Can I say to have someone involved at such a level at Aston Villa on the boards doing what you do has impressed me more than I can say. I feel more "part" of the set up than I thought possible!

Just to pass on my thanks regarding the earlier tickets enquiries, Nicky Keye has now got back to me on both counts. I wish to let you know that again the service that has been supplied has excelled.

:flag:

The debit card issue is being tackled as the systems are upgrading.

The choosing of seats seems to be in the too hard to do box at the minute and may just stay there. This is a shame, but I appreciate Aston Villa holds over 40,000 whereas where this has worked well (Birmingham Hippodrome) the volumes are in comparison insignificant. Due to work I will never hold a season ticket and hence never get to choose my seat exactly. Minor gripe when in reality what I will struggle with is actually buying tickets if the good form continues!!! :clap:

Again, though I can see some posts must be frustrating, keep up the good work! Much appreciated! And if you are the type that does this: Pass on my thanks to Nicky for getting back to me!

Gen

I'm going to put this, whether people agree or not....

You, Randy and MON are clearly honest people with integrity, and whether it be your spat with Small Heath, Randys takeover and subsequent improvements without taking the limelight, or MON's just general attitude - your morals cannot be faulted.

In the past Martin and Randy have basically answered questions about the England job with lines equivelant to "it is all hypothetical, there is no job to comment on" etc...

However, lets face it, MON is now clearly going to be the favourite with fans, bookies and the media to take the England job.

If he isn't interested and he is committed to Villa, it MUST be said NOW, if not the total rumour mill will completely destroy the spirit at the club - even before McClown is sacked - all the "is he going , if he is, where does that leave me" from the players etc...

The longer MON is linked with this - the worse it will be for our club !!.

Please, Aston Villa - put everyones minds at rest - there is a saying "there is no smoke without fire" !!!

General Krulak here:

1. Soooo, I am wealthy???? Don't let my wife know!!!!! The name is Krulak...not Warren Buffett!

2. Sorry you don't like the web site. We have received many compliments on it. The Browns played a large role in setting up the parameters of the site.

3. Tough day for my adopted Country.

General

Just a quick question about A-ROD salary with the Yankee's. I have just read that it is going to be $275m over the next 10 years :shock: - how do the baseball owners afford these type of salaries?

I hate to answer for the General, but:

$27.5 million is only 270k pounds per week... it's not that out of line from what Man Utd and so forth could pay if they had to.

50,000 tickets sold at an average price of $50 per ticket is $2.5 million per home game. Multiply that by 81 home games a year and you get north of $200 million a year. Add in a few tens of millions a year in profits from the Yankees' TV channel (YES gets $3-$5 a month from 90-plus percent of the households in the New York area), plus a few million more from CBS for the radio rights, plus the Yankees share of the national TV and radio rights (from Murdoch, Time Warner, Disney, and XM), plus merchandising, sponsorships, etc., and you can see why the Yankees can afford a wage bill of over $200 million a year.

General Krulak here:

1. Soooo, I am wealthy???? Don't let my wife know!!!!! The name is Krulak...not Warren Buffett!

2. Sorry you don't like the web site. We have received many compliments on it. The Browns played a large role in setting up the parameters of the site.

3. Tough day for my adopted Country.

On the subject of England I do think MON will need to clarify his position sooner rather than later as regards to the England job.

I think the web site's fine, functional is the word. Your all doing a marvellous job off the pitch, keep up the good work and the rewards will come.

Baz.

General,

I know MON as a great man-manager will be putting his arm round Carson after last night and telling him he's still a great goalkeeper.

But is there any way you can pass on the same message form the fans, and let Scott know we're still all right behind him? We'll certainly do our best by singing his name from the stands.

Thanks General.

General,

I'm going to echo the sentiments of others regarding specultion of O'Neill being linked to England...

In the modern media-driven game it is very much accepted that 'no-comment' on these issues equates to an interest in the position.

So as long as Marting stays silent (even if that is not the reaosn he does so) fans will interpret that as he will be leaving us.

If O'Neill is not interested in the position then i would urge you to do all you can to get a clear and decisive statement released to that effect.

I will watch with interest and no small degree of panic over the coming days and weeks.

General

I concur with all comments so far regarding MON and speculation linking him with the England job. If he is genuinely not interested he must make a formal statement. The speculation and doubt circulated from the lack of news on this issue (no news means good news for the FA) will fan the flames of uncertainty amongst the squad and will have a very negative effect.

His appointment was a masterstroke and he has rejuvenated the squad. HE MUST STAY!

Thanks

Richard

General, I, like many other people, am fed up with people answering questions like politicians...ie ambiguously or avoiding a straight answer. As many people have stated, now that McClaren has been sacked, MON will inevitably be linked with the England job.

Therefore, Villa and MON need to issue an unambiguous statement saying either he is or he is not interested in the England post. No waffle, just a very simple yes or no. If he does not categorically distance himself from the England job then the resulting media frenzy is likely to de-stabilise things at Villa both on and off the pitch. Transfer targets are unlikely to commit to Villa if the manager could leave for the England job imminently.

As the Villa fans deserve to know what MON's position is, can you please confirm whether MON will be making a categoric statement of whether or not he is interested in the England job. If he is not prepared to do that voluntarily, will Aston Villa (as his current employer) tell him to make his position crystal clear? If MON avoids the question then we can only assume that he is interested.

Also, if Steve Bruce is worth £3 million compensation, then I trust that Randy would be looking for significantly more for MON if he did take the England job!

Thank you

General Krulak here:

1. avfc: I thought I had already answered the question re. MON. I honestly cannot speak for Martin...I cannot read his mind and I don't know what his personal thoughts are re. the England job. What I do know is the same as what you know...he has not been offered the position of Manager of the England Team.

Just in case those who are currently posting questions hadnt read this. :)