General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, do you still find this thread and the questions it raises useful and could you give me some examples of where the some of the questions on this thread have helped to shape /change ideas at Villa Park.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Rest assured, I will give MON and the entire Team a "go get them" from the folks on Villa Talk!!!

2. Half-Season tickets: Nicky Keye is out today so I will need a bit of time to find an answer to this question.

3. The Club is in constant communications with the police and transportation officials re. traffic and traffic management. Obviously, we have little control over any of this....and need cooperation from these agencies. We DO work at it very hard. The problem is known...but the solution is not easy. Simply put, the infrastructure is set and is what it is. We need to come up with the best workarounds we can.

4. Shirt printing....a very good point. I will talk to John Greenwood about it.

5. Not sure about the reserve leagues...sorry.

6. Has this site proven to be helpful?? ABSOLUTELY!!!! There have been many changes/improvements/focused efforts that have come from suggestions on this site. I can't even begin to mention them all. Just on this day, the issue of the printing of shirts was raised and will be fixed. It may seem like a small issue but.....without this thread, how would it have been identified?

7. Finally, I would like to give an opinion on something...NOT as a Director of the Club or in an official manner but as a person who loves the Villa. A few months ago, a comment was blown all out of proportion and caused some people some real angst. My professional reputation was up for grabs as people and the media weighed in on the issue. I recognize that nothing can be done about it. At the same time, as we approach the game this weekend, I would hate to see the Villa Fans get caught up in some sort actions or words that would raise this again. It is below who we are and who we want to be. We have much to cheer and chant about...keeping focused on the game and the team would seem to me the best way to go.

7. Finally, I would like to give an opinion on something...NOT as a Director of the Club or in an official manner but as a person who loves the Villa. A few months ago, a comment was blown all out of proportion and caused some people some real angst. My professional reputation was up for grabs as people and the media weighed in on the issue. I recognize that nothing can be done about it. At the same time, as we approach the game this weekend, I would hate to see the Villa Fans get caught up in some sort actions or words that would raise this again. It is below who we are and who we want to be. We have much to cheer and chant about...keeping focused on the game and the team would seem to me the best way to go.

General

You had nothing whatsoever to apologise for to that shower down the road. As far as I am concerned those comments were taken completely out of context.

PS: Are you going to be sitting with the Villa fans next Sunday - I;d like to buy you a pint!

General

I agree with ahamaad - your comment re "pig in mud" were blown out of context. However, what annoyed me most about it was that the media and our friends down at Randy's toilet failed to address the real issue - the sh*t are ripping us off. In my eyes you have/had nothing to apologise for.

I haven't missed a derby game against them since their return to the top flight and I will be one of the fans enjoying the victory on Sunday. The atmosphere will be intense, enjoy!!!

Dave

Hi General,

I don't know if I should even be bringing my issue to your attention. Someone mentioned that I should, and though I think it's a bit audacious of me, I thought I'd give it a go. It's concerning Villa Direct and the service we as fans are getting from them. Many of us would like to spend our money at Villa direct rather then one of the 3rd party conglomerates out there. We feel as if buying from VD is more like "giving the money" straight to the club and therefore supporting it straight away. Anyways, that being said he is my problem: (there is a thread about this in the VT section)

Ok so on the 23rd of October I ordered on the internet:

Aston Villa Pre Match Top - Claret L

Aston Villa North America Villa on Tour T-Shirt - L

Aston Villa Travel Polo - Claret L

I ordered all these shirts at one time, expecting to receive all of them. Half the reason I ordered the tops were because of the 10% discount. The shipping options were either $15 or $30, I went for the $15 and thought for $102 worth of merchandise that ain't bad. Well tonight I get only ONE of the products, my "Aston Villa North America Villa on Tour T-Shirt - L". Which cost me $24, (and this is where I get mad) BUT they charge me $15 to send just this item!? They say the other items are out of stock! I wouldn't have ordered just ONE TOP for $24 and pay almost the same price for SHIPPING! Also I've ordered products from the UK before and Royal Mail is only like 4 or 5 Quid to the US!

I guess it's just upsetting to be charged $15 for a top that is $24. I mean I wanted all the tops I ordered, but part of that was because I could order 3 tops and only pay $15. (That kinda offset the price to me I guess, made it a more 'comfortable' purchase for me).

Thoughts on what I should do? I figure I'd say something on here before I call Villa Direct and bitch and moan.

P.S.- Shouldn't the Villa Direct Website KNOW if a top is out of stock when I try ordering it!? I mean COME ON! Since receiving my shirt I've gone on the VD website and it still shows that the other 2 tops are STILL IN STOCK! This is deceiving and unacceptable.

P.P.S. - Sorry to bother you with such a trivial issue General.

General,

I was back in Birmingham last weekend for the Derby match. The day before I took the opportunity to visit the Holte Pub with my Dad, who's followed the Villa all his life. I'd like to congratulate everyone involved with it's restoration, which is fantastic inside and out. We had our lunch there as well which was excellent and extremely good value. We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Thanks again for restoring some pride to our club. my Dad particularly liked all the old photos around the bar.

Keep up the good work!

Genera Krulak here:

1. Trent Villa: Here is the scoop on Season Tickets: We basically have 25,000 Season Ticket holders now. Every game we need to hold 3,000 seats for away fans and 2,000 seats for corporate sponsors. That leaves approximately 12,000 (max) seats left...the VAST majority which are wing seats. The 750 that are on sale now try to take on the best of those remaining seats. At the same time, there are fans who cannot afford a season ticket or a half-season ticket and we are trying to accomodate them The bottom line is that those people who have season tickets now...or who will get one-half season tickets need to think hard about holding on to them. They will become VERY valuable as we move forward.

2. Claret Mahoney: I would ask that you contact John Greenfield at AVFC (Hd of our store) and explain in detail what you encountered on VD. He NEEDS to hear of this. I will also pass on your comments but he should also hear them from you.

3. Unfortunately, the Doctor has nixed my flight to the UK this weekend. I am gutted. I would ask you all to cheer on the team for me.

Very sorry to hear you cannot make it General, I presume the dildo peddling werewolf down the road will try to point score because of your absence. Is Randy coming over or will he be at the Cleveland game?

3. Unfortunately, the Doctor has nixed my flight to the UK this weekend. I am gutted. I would ask you all to cheer on the team for me.

Unlucky General, I bet it's reported that they banned you or didn't turn up to avoid controversy or something. You'll just have to wait for April (I think) for the game at VP, it'll be bigger, and better, and you never know we might send them down again :D

Genera Krulak here:

1. Trent Villa: Here is the scoop on Season Tickets: We basically have 25,000 Season Ticket holders now. Every game we need to hold 3,000 seats for away fans and 2,000 seats for corporate sponsors. That leaves approximately 12,000 (max) seats left...the VAST majority which are wing seats. The 750 that are on sale now try to take on the best of those remaining seats. At the same time, there are fans who cannot afford a season ticket or a half-season ticket and we are trying to accomodate them The bottom line is that those people who have season tickets now...or who will get one-half season tickets need to think hard about holding on to them. They will become VERY valuable as we move forward.

General,

Good article on the official site about you and great that you are still posting on this one.

Are there any plans to expand Villa Park in the near future? Getting nearly 41,000 in for the Derby game was great work by the club.

With the seats reserved as you say, what is the maximum number of season tickets that we can possibly sell in a season?

I would also like the thank Randy, Martin and you, General, for giving us our faith back in Villa, and also for you speaking/responding to the fans and helping us out. It is very much appreciated and I know you are a very busy man. The fans of some other teams I know locally are very envious.

For what it is worth, the new Board and manager have given me back my belief. I nearly quit being a season ticket holder after following the club at nearly every home game for 15 years and alot of away matches too just days before Randy took over. I was utterly depressed with the way things had been going for several years under Ellis and O'Leary. With driving 400 miles to home games, it had become a chore which I dreaded. Now, I am buzzing again. THANK YOU

P.S. I like the new website.

If you want some ideas for new expansion - just make North Stand a much bigger version of holte end with classic stuff from old trinity road stand. (Have you seen the stand General before the club knocked it down) That should add about 7 thousand seat if bigger enough. You could see the photos in Simon Inglis's Villa Park 100 years book. Then it should be about 49,000 capacity and it should be fine.

and also don't copy Manchester United seating plans as there are barely any room to move when I sat in North Stand at Old Trafford (During Rugby League final last month)

Hi General

first timer here, Just seen a great thread started by Mysteryman re a remembrance day wreath to be laid at the holte pub as a dedication to all the loved ones who have been lost and have been villa till they die(pardon the expression)

would you think about having a remembrance garden made in a small area of the grounds so that villains can go and remember there loved ones.

It could also be a place for ashes to be spread as how many times have you heard people say i want me ashes to be spread over villa park.

just think it would be a great honour for people to remember friends family and loved ones that have passed by.

was at Man City and they have a garden there right next to the ground and is shown as part of the ground tour not only does it remember our loved ones but also ex players

General should that doctor of your be kind enough to let you get on a train, you are more than welcome to join the New York Villans on Sunday morning at Nevada Smith's :)

Regarding issues shipping Villa gear to the US, would John Greenfield and the others behind the store consider getting someone in the US to Drop ship merchandise, there are lots of small football stores over here who would be more than capable of doing it, I know of one that's actually owned by a Villa fan. I myself had a very bad experience just prior to the Randy era when I tried to order a number of items for delivery to the US and with the dollar continuing to weaken it's going to continue to get more and more expensive shipping individual items to the US.

Hi General,

I'm a lifelong Villa fan and Retained Firefighter in Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire. I'm not sure if news of the tragic loss of 4 Firefighters at a Warehouse blaze in Atherstone on Stour has reached you, but as one of the lads was a Villa fan, I thought I should bring it to your attention.

We attended the fire on Friday night and at about 7:15pm 2 Firefighters from Stratford and 2 from Alcester entered the building and became trapped inside, tragically only 1 made it out, although he was pronounced dead at Warwick Hospital shortly after.

For five days after the incident we have been searching for their bodies in the mangled steel and debris that remain. We were finally able to carry our crew members out of the building yesterday evening as 200 other Firefighters formed a guard of honour to pay their respects.

The support and tributes have been amazing, this incident has affected so many people not just in the Midlands, but all around the country and even the World.

The Firefighter who was pronounced dead at the hospital is named Ian Reid. He was the nicest bloke you could ever meet and he loved the Brigade. He was also a big Villa fan, and even though he could never get to Villa Park due to other commitments, he would always talk about the weeks result or upcoming fixtures with passion.

I think it would be touching if the club might organise something to be sent to Ians family- he leaves behind his wife, Julie and their 11 year old daughter Sophie who loves Football and plays for a local team.

All the lads will be missed hugely and I think it would be touching if avfc were to make some kind of gesture in remembrance of our fallen brother.

I shall leave this with you and your team in the hope that something can be organised.

Regards,

Ashley Skett

General Krulak here:

1. Let me talk about attendence at our game this weekend...Randy and me...and the comments about apologies. First off, I did send a personal letter to Mr. Gold clearly articulating that I did not mean for my comment to be taken literally and that it was a common analogy used in the US. That it was not intended for him personally and I apolgized if it was taken that way. I also said the same thing to the Birmingham paper. 'Nuff said. I will not be at the game because I have had a bad back since 1969 (long story behind it) and it acts up every few years. I am in the middle of it right now...get loads of physical therapy and it is coming along well. My Doctor has strongly suggested that I not make a transatlantic trip and I am following his "orders." Am I gutted to miss the game??? ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I hope that BCFC does not make anything of my absence but....I cannot control that. Randy is faced with a HUGE dilemma. The Browns play the Steelers this weekend. If the Browns win, they will be # 1 in their Division and in line, if they continue to be successful, to make the playoffs for the first time in years. Randy's father brought the Browns back to Cleveland...and this year's team is as successful as they have been since they came "home." This game will be a family affair for Randy...a recognition of his father's efforts to bring the team to Cleveland and Randy's efforts to get the team back into a competitive mode. His mother, sister, and children will be at the game. Randy needs to be there. Win or lose, he needs to be there. He has missed other Browns games to be at Villa Park...he needs to be in Cleveland for this one. He LOVES the VILLA!!!

2. North Stand: As I have said before, we are working on a masterplan for Villa Park that will include renovation (major) of the North Stand. It is too early to signal what that will look like.

3. andylochead: Great idea!

Get well soon General... And a message to Randy - no need to justify yourself, he deserves the chance to celebrate the Browns getting top spot... A Browns-Villa double this weekend?? I reckon so!

Am I gutted to miss the game??? ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I hope that BCFC does not make anything of my absence but....I cannot control that. Randy is faced with a HUGE dilemma. The Browns play the Steelers this weekend. If the Browns win, they will be # 1 in their Division and in line, if they continue to be successful, to make the playoffs for the first time in years. Randy's father brought the Browns back to Cleveland...and this year's team is as successful as they have been since they came "home." This game will be a family affair for Randy...a recognition of his father's efforts to bring the team to Cleveland and Randy's efforts to get the team back into a competitive mode. His mother, sister, and children will be at the game. Randy needs to be there. Win or lose, he needs to be there. He has missed other Browns games to be at Villa Park...he needs to be in Cleveland for this one. He LOVES the VILLA!!!
No problem, sir, we get it. Here's to a Villa/Browns double!

Thanks for the earlier reply upon the season ticket question General. Best of luck with the recovery and we all know you'll both be with us in spirit. Lets hope both teams can make Randy and your good self very happy.

Will you be able to see a re-run of the Villa game?