General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General krulak here:

1. There would be no question about VP being ready for Olympics if England were to be awarded the Games. Having seen, first hand, what goes into this sort of preparation, I can assure you that the Government would be involved and help make it happen around the Country.

2. I look forward to the Villa vs. BCFC match. I think I have got a pretty good idea of the intensity of the weekend but I am also sure that only by "seeing" will I actually know.

3. The Trees has it right...an individual fan can do as good or better on travel than an arrangement with the Club. We just cannot "guarantee" numbers and so most airlines won't deal.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General krulak here:

1. There would be no question about VP being ready for Olympics if England were to be awarded the Games. Having seen, first hand, what goes into this sort of preparation, I can assure you that the Government would be involved and help make it happen around the Country.

General, I dont mean to be a nuisance but I think you have misunderstood me.

England (London) have been awarded the Olympics in 2012. As part of the successful bid, Villa Park was nominated to host matches in the Olympic football tournament. My question was basically, has there been any discussions or actions regarding VP's usage? I assume that the answer is no given your previous reply. Knowing our country the attitude is probably 'the games are only 4.5 years away, plenty of time' :?

General krulak here:

General, I dont mean to be a nuisance but I think you have misunderstood me.

England (London) have been awarded the Olympics in 2012. As part of the successful bid, Villa Park was nominated to host matches in the Olympic football tournament. My question was basically, has there been any discussions or actions regarding VP's usage? I assume that the answer is no given your previous reply. Knowing our country the attitude is probably 'the games are only 4.5 years away, plenty of time' :?

General I am interested as if my memeory serves me correct Mr Ellis was delighted at Villa Park being chosen as an Olympic venue as it meant we would be getting access to funding to make certain ground improvements (such as extending the capacity)

Now I would assume that Randy was made aware of this prior to buying the club. Either that or Mr Ellis was mislead?

It would be good if you could find out for us.

Thanks

General - We are one of the chosen venues. This may help:

From www.london2012.com:

The 2012 Olympic football tournament will be played throughout the United Kingdom with England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales staging matches in the preliminary rounds if London's Bid is successful.

Some of the UK's most iconic football grounds have been selected by London 2012 as preferred locations for the 2-1/2 week tournament.

The proposed stadium line-up is:

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Old Trafford, Manchester

St James's Park, Newcastle

Villa Park, Birmingham

Windsor Park, Belfast

Each stadium will hold matches in the preliminary rounds on a similar pattern to England's successful staging of the 1966 World Cup and Euro '96 tournaments.

Under existing rules 16 men's teams and 10 women's teams compete in the Olympics.

The men's tournament, open to under-23 teams who are each allowed to field three over-age players, comprises a preliminary round, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final, and the women play quarter-finals, semi-finals and final. Wembley will stage the men's and women's finals.

In line with London 2012's policy of spreading the Games as widely as possible around the UK, the venues were selected on the basis of location, the quality of their facilities and the need to meet the minimum seating capacity of 20,000.

Three of the six grounds, Millennium Stadium, Old Trafford and Hampden Park, hold the maximum five-star UEFA rating.

Millennium Stadium, built on the site of Cardiff Arms Park at a cost of £130 million and opened in 1999, has state-of-the-art facilities and the largest seating capacity at 72,000. It features the first fully-retractable roof to be constructed in Britain.

Old Trafford, dubbed "The Theatre of Dreams," has a seating capacity of 67,000, followed by Hampden Park and St James's Park with 52,000 each. Villa Park seats 43,000 and Windsor Park's capacity is 20,000.

FIFA has offered no objection to a GB team playing in the Olympic Games, but has said the home country FAs must decide how such a team would be selected e.g. the home countries could play off against each other for the right to represent Team GB or the highest finishing home country team in the European under-21 championship represents the nation.

General Krulak here:

1. We are well aware of Olympics and will be ready. We understand that funding may well be available. Believe me, much of what will happen as England approaches the Olympics will be dictated by the Olympic Committee...to include monies for preparation.

2. The relationship between the BCFC Board and myself is, hopefully, a good one. To be honest, I have not heard anything from them since the original issue.

3. The Game: I think we should all keep our eye on the 3 points. We nned to win at home and we need to win when we play a Derby...we did both. At the same time, we MUST be more consistent! We will get there...I truly believe that. Right now, I just want a win next weekend.

Hi General

Browns appear to be flying, I hope Randy is very happy.

Got my hopes up the other day when I saw a claret jacket on the merchandising website. Finally got to the shop only to be disapointed that it was a kind of microfibre material rather than a proper waterproof jacket.

I made this point a few months ago - I don't want to wear a black villa coat. I want to wear a claret one.

Many people seem to still wear the old reebok one from several years ago. It was extremely popular and I assume so many people still wear it because we have not released another since, so I don't think I am alone.

Please general, I am getting close to buying a Craghopper Kiwi jacket in Chilli red but would much rather donate my hard earned cash to my beloved Villa

Hi General,

Just a quick question. I see half season tickets are on sale now and that they are limited to 750 and then a waiting list will be opened. I'm just curious why this is being put in to place as I would have assumed the more season tickets sold the better. I'm sure that there must be a logical answer to this I just can't figure it out.

Hi General,

I just want to say that it was great to get back to winning ways on Saturday and, although the performance was not of the high standards we have previously set this season, it was great preparation for the game against our biggest rivals next Sunday!

I am personally wishing away the next days of my life and cannot wait for 1pm on Sunday. I know Martin is the manager and knows best but I'm hoping he plays all the brummie lads so they can show just what it means to have passion and claret and blue blood running through their veins!

Come on you lions!!

PS: Have you ever given a speech to the players? I can just imagine that being a General you must give a mean, motivating speech!

It was great to see a good attendance and result onb Saturday again General, but if we keep getting attendances of 40,000+, as I hope we do, the trains and buses need serious consideration. Saturday was the worst it has been in a long long time. Queues were running from Witton station ,down the rampways, along the pavements and spilling onto the main road. This is quite a concern for the club,the railways network, and the police. I wondered if the club are in consultation about how to improvew this situation? Can we get more trains/buses more often?

Hi General, my first post on this thread and I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the new board at the club, we really are heading in the right direction!

However, as is always the case, there are a few things that need ironing out. I was at the match on Saturday, and I went to the shop to get my shirt printed. I saw the shirt printing sign outside and queued up there for a fair amount of time, only to be told to go back into the shop to pay for it first. On any other day I would've let it go unnoticed, but there were only minutes until kick-off, so I had to go back after the game to try and best the queues again. Just a suggestion to perhaps maybe putting up some signs directing customers such as myself to where they need to go first, rather than queuing up to be told to queue again?

Many thanks once again General, keep up the good work and here's to 3 points on Sunday!

It was great to see a good attendance and result onb Saturday again General, but if we keep getting attendances of 40,000+, as I hope we do, the trains and buses need serious consideration. Saturday was the worst it has been in a long long time. Queues were running from Witton station ,down the rampways, along the pavements and spilling onto the main road. This is quite a concern for the club,the railways network, and the police. I wondered if the club are in consultation about how to improvew this situation? Can we get more trains/buses more often?
I was in the same situation. Decided to go the other way to Perry Barr and get a train to Birmingham from their.