FIFA 13

GarethRDR

They haven't taken it out as such, what they've done is made it so that you can reach retirement age as a player and then become a manager. In effect, they've just trimmed the fat.

I want to choose the team, make transfers and play the games.

Am I going to be happy or sad?

They haven't taken it out as such, what they've done is made it so that you can reach retirement age as a player and then become a manager. In effect, they've just trimmed the fat.

"Player-Manager is no longer a mode. You can either be a Manager or a Player, and choose to retire as a player to become a manager."

So i don't think you will be able to do transfers for the team while being a player.

For some reason, now standing Tackle sometimes becomes a slide tackle :?
No it doesn't?

Do agree with whoever was saying about standing tackle recovery times though, they needed to be quicker and they've done the same for slide tackles too. Improved on the collision detection, and the tackling animations, but the rest of the game is the same. Not a complaint really though, i'm not sure what else needs to be changed any more.

I seem to find if you hold the sprint button while reviving a pass it will more than likely make the player make a heavy/shit first touch. Also seems like pace isn't everything on this Fifa. Pretty glad about that bth. When i would play my mate, he would just look for the players with the most pace pick them regardless of the other stats.

Bit underwhelming so far.

The previous problem with super goalies is still evident with the opposition keeper being man of the match in 3 out of the 4 games I ve played.

Refereeing is still a huge problem. The last defender took me down for a Peno and wasn't even booked.

I ve had several defenders barge me from behind and knock me down with out giving a foul away which is very annoying and have players waiting for the ball knocked down before it arrives.

"Player-Manager is no longer a mode. You can either be a Manager or a Player, and choose to retire as a player to become a manager."

So i don't think you will be able to do transfers for the team while being a player.

Seething about this, I found an article which pretty much confirmed it. Why the **** would they do that?? Surely it must be most popular mode. Not sure if i'll get this now straight away. Arseholes.

Seething about this, I found an article which pretty much confirmed it. Why the **** would they do that?? Surely it must be most popular mode. Not sure if i'll get this now straight away. Arseholes.

I think I understand what you're getting at; you're under the impression that once you're a manager you have to simulate every game?

The one thing I hope they have improved upon this year is Refs. I like the randomness of it but nobody ever seems to get even a booking for a blatant penalty, and dangerous tackles go unpunished too.

Looking forward to playing this though but will probably stay away from the demo.

Regarding the refs, I found in FIFA 12 that fouls were extremely hard to come by.

Against the computer they are virtually non existant. They just never ever foul you.

And even against Human opponents, they're easily avoidable. Youc oudl quite regulalry go through games without comitting a single foul.

Probably less frustrating than the opposite, but a balance would be nice.

I understand they made some alterations to the first touches in the engine but it's **** irrelevant in the Demo since I'm guess poor first touches do not happen with players above 80 points like all the ones in the demo.

Silva, Tevez and Nasri all had poor touches when I was Man City yesterday.

One problem that I've still noticed is a real source of frustration.

You're controlling a defender and marshaling a forward running at pace. When you switch to a defender in a better position, the one you were originally controlling stops dead and becomes useless.

Also defenders still leave strikers wide open in the box and don't really do their job enough of the time. It's not perfect, but it's the best around.

One problem that I've still noticed is a real source of frustration.

You're controlling a defender and marshaling a forward running at pace. When you switch to a defender in a better position, the one you were originally controlling stops dead and becomes useless.

Yep, and vice versa. As in, you're controlling one defender, and the one you want to switch to is in a better position (covering a run for example) but when you switch to them, they stop runnign for a second, allowing the striker to get away.

The fact that all the CPU defenders can press - as one - but because you can only control one player, your defenders act like retards and leave gaping wholes all over the place.

The games OK when you have possession, without it, it's shit because of the ridiculous defenders.

Actually, even when you have the ball, the aim assist on the passes regularly passes to the wrong player, meaning the one you wanted to pass to, the ONE player on the entire team who is making an intelligent run, the one who could create a chance at goal, is often left just checking himself back onside behind the AI defender.

I'm done.

Every single one since FIFA international soccer on the Mega Drive - but I have to say - I'm OOOUT.

Ciao Fifa :wave:

Not really having the same problems as you. I'm enjoying the demo alot. I think it's a more polished version of Fifa 13. Yeah, it has it's problems, but this demo is an old build of the game. People who have played the full game have said it's totally different to the demo.

Â