FIFA 13

GarethRDR

It's all about quick passing to get a player in around the 18 yard box, find a yard and then whip a finesse shot in. That's how most of my goals are scored.

How about if i promise not to PM you pictures of my ballbag?
Why would not sending me that encourage me? :winkold:

I've actually mentioned it before anyway, but the key is Wigan. You need to start a career in charge of Wigan. In the first or second season, Villa get taken over (you'll see it flash up on the news feed). Once that happens you need to over-achieve your league objective with the Latics and the Villa hotseat should then be one of the jobs on offer, with a ~£140m annual transfer and ~£500k annual wage budget.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Your ballbag will be delivered in the cumming days.

Are you guaranteed to get around that amount each season, Gareth? I might have a go with that myself. And do you have to manually manage Wigan for that long, or is it fairly safe to simulate most matches?
You only need to manage Wigan for as long as it takes for Villa to get taken over. Then hope you've done enough for it to come up as a job option at the end of a campaign. I've had it happen on two seperate career modes; in the first, Villa were taken over in season one and I didn't exceed my league objective with Wigan until the end of season two, so I had to wait until then to get the job offer. In the second career mode, Villa didn't get taken over until season 2, and I didn't exceed my objectives until season 3 when the Villa job then became available.

It seems the game is coded towards certain preferences and/or events dependant on whatever club you're in charge of, certainly when it comes to takeovers at least. If you manage Vitesse, Heerenveen generally get taken over. If you manage Inver Caley, Hearts get taken over. Take charge of San Jose and NY Red Bulls get bought up, and so on and so forth. It's not set in stone when those teams will get taken over, so do keep checking the news feeds on your Career Mode screen. Also, I think there's a small pool of 3-4 clubs that could get taken over dependant on your starting team, so you might start as Wigan and see Blackburn get bought up before Villa (that's what happened in my second save). You've just got to keep going until the particular scenario you want unfolds, though those "pools" of clubs seem to be constant.

You are guaranteed that lump sum of money each year regardless of your campaign performance (provided you're not so shite as to get fired, of course), give or take £10m depending on your final league position.

In terms of simulating, that's really down to personal preference. It won't change anything in regards of what you need to do to get offered a particular post-buyout job, but obviously if you sim and lose a lot of your games then you're less likely to exceed your targets for the season (but then the exact same could be said if you manually played all your games and lost just as many). It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you do. Personally I'll sim about 95% of a season 'cause I like to play it as an FM style game, and blow through whole campaigns in about an hour.

Are you guaranteed to get around that amount each season, Gareth? I might have a go with that myself. And do you have to manually manage Wigan for that long, or is it fairly safe to simulate most matches?
You only need to manage Wigan for as long as it takes for Villa to get taken over. Then hope you've done enough for it to come up as a job option at the end of a campaign. I've had it happen on two seperate career modes; in the first, Villa were taken over in season one and I didn't exceed my league objective with Wigan until the end of season two, so I had to wait until then to get the job offer. In the second career mode, Villa didn't get taken over until season 2, and I didn't exceed my objectives until season 3 when the Villa job then became available.

It seems the game is coded towards certain preferences and/or events dependant on whatever club you're in charge of, certainly when it comes to takeovers at least. If you manage Vitesse, Heerenveen generally get taken over. If you manage Inver Caley, Hearts get taken over. Take charge of San Jose and NY Red Bulls get bought up, and so on and so forth. It's not set in stone when those teams will get taken over, so do keep checking the news feeds on your Career Mode screen. Also, I think there's a small pool of 3-4 clubs that could get taken over dependant on your starting team, so you might start as Wigan and see Blackburn get bought up before Villa (that's what happened in my second save). You've just got to keep going until the particular scenario you want unfolds, though those "pools" of clubs seem to be constant.

You are guaranteed that lump sum of money each year regardless of your campaign performance (provided you're not so shite as to get fired, of course), give or take £10m depending on your final league position.

In terms of simulating, that's really down to personal preference. It won't change anything in regards of what you need to do to get offered a particular post-buyout job, but obviously if you sim and lose a lot of your games then you're less likely to exceed your targets for the season (but then the exact same could be said if you manually played all your games and lost just as many). It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you do. Personally I'll sim about 95% of a season 'cause I like to play it as an FM style game, and blow through whole campaigns in about an hour.

I'm at game 28 of the season. Wigan sit in tenth spot and in the semis of the fa cup. Newcastle are super rich, but not Villa. If this doesn't work Gareth I'm coming to your house. I hate Wigan

More news.

•Internationals are now in Career Mode. As a manager you can get offered an international job and as player you can get called up to your respective country. Rutter says they will be "supporting the whole gamut of international tournaments".

FIFA13INTLMGMT.jpg

•Player-manager mode is out, but you can now retire as a player to become a manager.

•Your Virtual Pro can now request to be sent out on loan if they haven't yet broken into the first-team.

•New 'Skills Challenge' for the Arena, containing 32 mini-games.

FIFA13CHALLENGEDR.jpg

FIFA13CHALLENGEFK.jpg

•Load of Kinect stuff I couldn't give a toss about, being able to shout instructions/tactics et cetera. One feature did tickle me though; apparently you can now get disciplined and ultimately booked for dissent if you swear during a game and the Kinect mic picks it up. :lol:

Really hope they take out the quitting before 5mins in a head to head match, doesn't result in a lose.. **** bullshit.

I hope they don't take that out personally because I've used it in the past to escape from games with unbearable lag.

Really hope they take out the quitting before 5mins in a head to head match, doesn't result in a lose.. **** bullshit.

I hope they don't take that out personally because I've used it in the past to escape from games with unbearable lag.

Yeah suppose its good for that, they should at least make it 3mins though.. Just think its so unfair that someone can quite, just because the other person got a good start..

I think they should keep it the same because of the lag as previously mentioned, however if you are already losing when you quit before 5 minutes then you should lose the match in my opinion. But don't penalise if it is still 0-0.

Think this is a good solution..

I think they should keep it the same because of the lag as previously mentioned, however if you are already losing when you quit before 5 minutes then you should lose the match in my opinion. But don't penalise if it is still 0-0.

But what if you're in a game which is really laggy. Your opponent kicks off and scores because you can't get the ball back (cos of lag). That would be really shitty if you get a loss for that.

Unless they changed the system where they implement your idea....

but upto 5 minutes both users can press "start" without the ball. After 5mins you can only pause the game unless you have the ball.

Yeah something like that. But honestly, I don't know about you, but I've never been in a match where the lag is so bad that they've scored before 5 mins without me getting the ball. And I have shit internet and have to start a lot of laggy games before I find a good one.

The international dates seems like a good addition to the game and I am interested how it will play out. The one thing fifa needs to fix in career mode is fixture dates. Whenever I get into the champs league, the game tries to schedule all the fixtures but does it so horribly. I love when I get a league match sunday, champs league match tuesday, cup match thursday, then league match saturday. It drives me insane because I have to go into reserves to field a team that isn't exhausted. I also always end up getting an injury on a player. In my most current season I had this happen and 3 of my starters got injured and one sub.

The international dates seems like a good addition to the game and I am interested how it will play out. The one thing fifa needs to fix in career mode is fixture dates. Whenever I get into the champs league, the game tries to schedule all the fixtures but does it so horribly. I love when I get a league match sunday, champs league match tuesday, cup match thursday, then league match saturday. It drives me insane because I have to go into reserves to field a team that isn't exhausted. I also always end up getting an injury on a player. In my most current season I had this happen and 3 of my starters got injured and one sub.
I like that, honestly who wants to field there best 11 near every game? Injuries should happen more frequently IMO. Agreed the scheduling gets a bit ****, but I don't mind having to use reserves either.

I like that, honestly who wants to field there best 11 near every game? Injuries should happen more frequently IMO. Agreed the scheduling gets a bit ****, but I don't mind having to use reserves either.

I don't mind either from time to time because I do like to play my younger players so their ratings go up. My issue is that once you get into champs league, I am essentially fielding two teams each week. One team which are my reserves/subs in the league and my regular XI in the champs league. It just gets frustrating because my players are perpetually tired and I am never fielding the same XI for more than a game.

So angry right now. I was at 19 points in division 1 with a game remaining. I start the match and the guy is lagging so badly. In the 8th minute I score but the lag was so bad it was unplayable. I quit and I was given the loss. What happened to the 5 minute rule?! That whole season was for nothing then. This better not happen in fifa 13. It's so frustrating. Why the hell does he get the win?!

I don't mind either from time to time because I do like to play my younger players so their ratings go up. My issue is that once you get into champs league, I am essentially fielding two teams each week. One team which are my reserves/subs in the league and my regular XI in the champs league. It just gets frustrating because my players are perpetually tired and I am never fielding the same XI for more than a game.

Yeah I guess. Although my biggest problem with that is actually having to change the line ups. It would be nice if it could save two different line ups or something.

As for your other post, you quit in the 8th minute, it's called the 5 minute rule because if you quit in the first 5 it's not a loss?

Yeah I guess. Although my biggest problem with that is actually having to change the line ups. It would be nice if it could save two different line ups or something.

As for your other post, you quit in the 8th minute, it's called the 5 minute rule because if you quit in the first 5 it's not a loss?

In Career Mode go to Squad and make your normal best XI there. Then when you want to change your team due to fatigue hit next match and change it there. That way that change only is taken place for that game and next game your line-up is back to the original. Fifa added that in 11 I think and it was really helpful.

I thought the 5 minute rule meant actually 5 minutes not just the 5th minute of the in game. I never quit before the end even if I am losing unless of lag so I never had to deal with this previously. I normally quit right away when I notice the lag but that time the lag wasn't so bad but got really bad

In Career Mode go to Squad and make your normal best XI there. Then when you want to change your team due to fatigue hit next match and change it there. That way that change only is taken place for that game and next game your line-up is back to the original. Fifa added that in 11 I think and it was really helpful.

Yup, that was an improvement. However, I'd really like it if they incorporated the ability to save squad selections (like in FM) so that I could instantly select my reserve team/youth team rather than changing most or all of my squad one-by-one, which gets pretty repetitive. Then again, I'm lazy.

Â