FIFA 13

GarethRDR

I saw on twitter from one of the developers, he said something like "the first touch is exaggerated in the demo so people can see the improvements" It was the same with the impact engine in the demo last year.

But to be honest I don't really have any problems with the 1st touch, I have problems that they're using the same engine as was created for the current gen consoles 6/7 years ago and they haven't fixed the pass controls if you don't want to go fully manual and they've only paid attention to attacking A.I.

The defending A.I has always had something that was exploitable, be it Pace in 08, lobbed through balls in 09, 10, 1-2's in 11 and 12. It's pathetic, they're not getting anymore from me until I see a vivid improvment and we probably won't see that until a good 2 years into the next gen consoles.

It's a shame because I like football games, but I've had enough of them costing £40 for what are essentially, slight upgrades.

Right I may have been a bit hasty but I'm still not sold on it. After the first 5 or 6 games I was a bitter bastard but I had a much better experience playing last night and got stuffed 2-0 in a couple of games, however I maintain it is still far easier on Legendary that FIFA12 was and I've probably won a good 11/12 out of the 15 games I've played (only by 1/2 goal margins). I really have yet to experience many poor first touches but noticed many from the computer controlled team. Also I still have not yet received a single free kick in the oppossing half.

The previous problem with super goalies is still evident with the opposition keeper being man of the match in 3 out of the 4 games I ve played.

That is actually a glitch. I scored 5 past Joe Hart today and he still got 10/10 rating.

They haven't taken it out as such, what they've done is made it so that you can reach retirement age as a player and then become a manager. In effect, they've just trimmed the fat.

I want to choose the team, make transfers and play the games.

Am I going to be happy or sad?

"Player-Manager is no longer a mode. You can either be a Manager or a Player, and choose to retire as a player to become a manager."

So i don't think you will be able to do transfers for the team while being a player.

Seething about this, I found an article which pretty much confirmed it. Why the **** would they do that?? Surely it must be most popular mode. Not sure if i'll get this now straight away. Arseholes.

Me and everyone I know that plays are all about pro clubs, that's it. Sure I'll play head to head if nobody else is online, but it's all about developing my pro to as high as possible and winning as a team, each controlling our single player. I was getting a bit bored of football games a couple of years back but pro clubs has me completely hooked.

I don't bother with career mode at all now. I just can't get myself up for playing the computer, when I can compete with real people online.

The changes seem small, but well thought out. Glad they sorted the finesse abuse. I like to beat a man with skill so I'm looking forward to seeing if that's even better in the full game, as there's not a massive difference in the demo.

It's a lot faster-paced than FIFA 12 was in my opinion, which felt slow and a bit sluggish. However, 13 seems to have gone too far in the opposite direction. Everyone's buzzing around the place, it's like PES (when it used to be good) on speed. It was fun, but if that indeed is not the release build and there's some pretty standout tweaks between the demo build and the final product then there's no real point in talking about how the gameplay feels, so I'll shut up ;)

It's a shame because I like football games, but I've had enough of them costing £40 for what are essentially, slight upgrades.
Up to about '09 I'm in complete agreement, but for me personally the last 3 iterations onwards have the been the first times in the series where I've felt like I've gotten £40's worth of improvements each year.

PLayed a couple of games last night.

I'm finding it difficult. I'm shit at FIFA anyway, but I played 3 games agains thte computer and didn't score once. In fact, they were all 0-0 draws.

Noticed the first touch thing, especially on big headers. SO where the opposition keeper kicks it, for example. In 12 if you won the header in your half by pressing pass then your defender would deliver a lovely cushoned headed pass to a teammate after the balls come at him from 80 yards and about 30 metres in the air. Which isn't very realistic.

Now when you win a header it's more realistic in that it won't go exactly where you want it.

Also noticed the improvement in tackling

It all feels a bit slicker and faster. I probably haven't played it enough to notice any huge improvements so didn't feel massively different to 12 for me.

But I'll be buying it... I always do *sigh*

Anyone else going to buy the EA Season Pass? 2000MS points and you get the game on the 22nd (free download from the dashboard), an extra 24 free FUT packs (extra if you've bought the ultimate edition) and some other guff. Think I'm going to buy it, mainly so I can play it all weekend next week :)

I always find playing the AI to be very boring and very difficult. On Fifa 12 I wont the Division 1 Head to Head about 10 times... put me up against the AI at intermediate difficulty and I just lose every game.

Really looking forward to playing this game online. It will take over my life for about 2months.

Pretty much the same as me, Pieface.

As I said, I'm not exactly amazing at FIFA, btu I got to Div 3 on head to head, so I'm alright.

But even on easier difficulties, I just can't break the computer down. I can end up with 70% possession, but no goals, quite regularly. It's soul destroying

They haven't taken it out as such, what they've done is made it so that you can reach retirement age as a player and then become a manager. In effect, they've just trimmed the fat.

I want to choose the team, make transfers and play the games.

Am I going to be happy or sad?

"Player-Manager is no longer a mode. You can either be a Manager or a Player, and choose to retire as a player to become a manager."

So i don't think you will be able to do transfers for the team while being a player.

Seething about this, I found an article which pretty much confirmed it. Why the **** would they do that?? Surely it must be most popular mode. Not sure if i'll get this now straight away. Arseholes.

I think I understand what you're getting at; you're under the impression that once you're a manager you have to simulate every game?

Yes......am I getting all hot and bothered over nothing?

I always find playing the AI to be very boring and very difficult. On Fifa 12 I wont the Division 1 Head to Head about 10 times... put me up against the AI at intermediate difficulty and I just lose every game.

Really looking forward to playing this game online. It will take over my life for about 2months.

The thing I like about playing against the AI is that he doesn't switch his machine off when I go 2-0 up.

Always gracious in defeat.

Yes......am I getting all hot and bothered over nothing?
Yes, you are. Of course you can still play the games during Manager Mode. That'd be, like, a fundamental part of the game for them to take out. Not even EA are that stupid! :)

Struggle against the computer but doing okay against friends, scoring seems tougher.

I like it though, it's a little harder to set up attacks but when they work they feel natural and worthwhile.

The first touch system will be hard when I'm Walsall but probably a good learning curve.

Shooting on a first touch seems better....semi shooting seems bloody hard though.

But to be honest I don't really have any problems with the 1st touch, I have problems that they're using the same engine as was created for the current gen consoles 6/7 years ago and they haven't fixed the pass controls if you don't want to go fully manual and they've only paid attention to attacking A.I.

The defending A.I has always had something that was exploitable, be it Pace in 08, lobbed through balls in 09, 10, 1-2's in 11 and 12. It's pathetic, they're not getting anymore from me until I see a vivid improvment and we probably won't see that until a good 2 years into the next gen consoles.

Is it even possible for them to create a whole new engine in 1 year?

Â