FIFA 13

GarethRDR

What utter shit is this? The other day I downloaded the PES Demo found some of the gameplay tweaks intriguing especially the challenging implementation of first touches and no spin shots, ballsy move will make the game more challenging and less predictable/repetitive. Looked forward to see what EA had done since the last couple of releases had noticeable improvements like Tactical Defending. What I found was: THE SAME **** GAME AS FIFA12 but with worse presentation. The ball ping pongs around the pitch. I understand they made some alterations to the first touches in the engine but it's **** irrelevant in the Demo since I'm guess poor first touches do not happen with players above 80 points like all the ones in the demo. They say improvement has been made to dribbling, I certainly see no difference. There's some more adventurous movement from team mates which is welcome but tackling has been simplified to comic levels, I was throwing myself into sliding tackles up and down the pitch winning the ball cleanly every time with little attention given to basic timing, what's more and five/six games played without a single foul by the opposition, worse than **** last year.

Now I understand it's not the finished version and in the past FIFA has played much better on release than in Demo form but I can honestly say after easily winning all my demo games on legendary, the PES demo was far more interesting to play and a hell of a lot more challenging.

^^^ You enjoyed it then? :)

Haven't played the demo yet, but I think it was pretty obvious from the hype beforehand about manager mode and skill games etc ect (i.e. not gameplay) that the gameplay would be largely unchanged.

Which to be honest is fair enough as I've said before that as a football game to play 1vs 1, against another human, Fifa 12 is excellent. So why would they change it.

I woudl have apprecated a change to the AI though, as playing FIFA vs the computer is one of life's ultimate miseries. Even if you win it's shit.

Have to say I love the demo! Think it's fantastic! Only played 3 games but it's a good improvement on Fifa12.

The first touch is really good, will make it harder for pace abusers.

The speed of the game is a bit faster which makes it a bit more "fun"

The crowd/atmosphere is so much better with surround sound than Fifa12

Have to be more accurate with passing and throw-ins which is always a good thing.

Very much looking forward to the full game!

Gameplay isn't all that similar, in my opinion. You definitely notice the improvements. It feels much weightier, more... considerable if that makes sense:

• •Impact engine has been refined.
    •Ludicrous finesse shots from anywhere have been suitably nerfed.
    •New animations look good.
    •Defending AI has been improved (e.g. you can't just knock the ball on and repeatedly rape defenders for pace anymore, the defenders time getting their bodies between you and the ball properly to shield the danger) so you have to take your time building plays.
    •Goalkeepers can't just run and claim every single cross that comes within 5 feet of them anymore.
    •Attacking AI from your supporting players (timing runs, beating the offside trap etc.) is much better.
    •Graphics are more of an improvement than I expected.

Bearing in mind how much more refined previous iterations seemed to feel compared to their respective demos, I've high hopes for the full game. Those new skill games are good fun as well.

The first touch is really good, will make it harder for pace abusers.
Totally forgot to mention that! Best improvement by far; you can't just ping passes full pelt and have the recipient turn 180 degrees on the spot the millisecond they receive it anymore. Just adds that extra dimension to the game, makes you slow down and think for a second about what you're doing.

The tactical defending has also changed alot. On Fifa 12 if you pressed the standing tackle button and missed, you would just leave a massive gap and they would run in and score. It was very unforgiving if you made a mistake. On Fifa 12 i found myself not even tackling, i would just press with the second man and cover the pass options with my player. In Fifa 13 the player seems to recover from a missed tackle alot quicker giving you another chance. You can still get skinned up if you hit it wrong while the player is running straight at you, but it's an improvement.

I don't agree with anything TSV said, and if you won all the games easily on legendary then you're obviously some sort of FIFA messiah.

You can tell the difference big time so read Gareth's post because I pretty much echo what he said.

The one thing i'm worried about is have they taken out player/manager mode on the career? From what I read in the menu info there was only Player or Manager. I hope not, I don't want to play just as my Pro and i'll be getting FM13 for my strictly managerial hard-ons.

Player manager has been taken out, but with the player you can use either your pro or a real player.

They haven't taken it out as such, what they've done is made it so that you can reach retirement age as a player and then become a manager. In effect, they've just trimmed the fat.

You worded it better than me :D

The tactical defending has also changed alot. On Fifa 12 if you pressed the standing tackle button and missed, you would just leave a massive gap and they would run in and score. It was very unforgiving if you made a mistake. On Fifa 12 i found myself not even tackling, i would just press with the second man and cover the pass options with my player. In Fifa 13 the player seems to recover from a missed tackle alot quicker giving you another chance. You can still get skinned up if you hit it wrong while the player is running straight at you, but it's an improvement.

The only time I use standing tackle is to pull the attacker's shirt when they're past me.

Â