FIFA 13

GarethRDR

OMFG I was losing 3-2 in the 90th. Guy gets a corner and I clear it out. He only has one defender back who misses the ball. I have my 3 forwards all sprinting towards goal with only the keeper in front of them and the whistle **** blows. 3 on 0 to tie the game and the **** whistle. Would've put me only a win away from winning division 1. This shouldn't be allowed.

I actually think there needs to be a more certain way to finish a game even in real football personally. I don't like this "the ref blows when he can be arsed" rule.
Well it'd be a bit cruel to have it like basketball or hockey where it stops dead on the second too, it needs the refs judgement. On this game it's a bit shit though.

Big Career Mode update...

FIFAsoccerblog.com"]International Management

As your reputation as a manager grows in Career Mode you will now be offered the chance to manage International teams in addition to the club side you are already playing with.

Your performance and manager reputation in Career Mode dictates the quality of the international offers you will receive.

Your nationality and the league you manage in will also effect the type of International offers you receive.

Rumours about interested nations will circulate in the press for some months before you actually receive a firm offer.

Squad selection will be a key part of your International management duties and deadlines for selections (one week prior to friendlies, one month prior to tournaments) have to be met.

International competitions will run in parallel with the club game meaning you could land a job in the middle of a qualifying campaign.

International management has it’s own Career Mode “Hub” keeping your club and country separate.

In Match Live Score Updates

Whilst playing your Career Mode matches you’ll now receive audio updates from other games being played in your league voiced by Alan Mcinally and Geoff Shreeves.

The live updates cover goal, red card and penalty incidents.

Example – Shreeves: “Goal at Anfield, Fulham’s Clint Dempsey scores a brilliant freekick to make it 2-1, 73 minutes played” Tyler “Thanks Geoff”

You can select/de-select the matches you want to hear audio updates from prior to playing starting your match.

Player Stories

Interaction with players is now more regular with instant feedback received based on managerial decisions.

Player Stories can now run for months in to Career Mode re-emerging if you go through a bad run of results or when you sell/buy a key player.

Specific Player Stories also occur when managing an International team, meaning you’ll need to keep both club and country happy.

Fan stories will now make top news in the press based on team performance.

Be A Player

Once you’ve chosen your player (VP or real) you receive a set of Season Objectives to complete from the manager. The type of player you choose (forward, midfielder, defender, etc) will shape these objectives.

As well as Season Objectives you’ll also be asked to achieve objectives every four matches. This could include, goals, clean sheets, pass/tackle completion percentages, etc. The quality of opposition over these four games will decide the values you are asked to achieve.

If you are unhappy you now have the option to request a transfer, or request a loan to gain more match experience.

If you choose to play for a top club with a low rated VP you will not be a first team starter to begin with, you’ll be loaned to gain experience first.

If fatigued or playing poorly the manager can now substitute your player.

Once your playing days are over can can opt to retire and take up management.

Classified Results

After each Career Mode match you now receive a rundown of the classified results through in-game audio (think BBC Final Score)

League table updates are also fed back to you as well as any upcoming fixtures. These audio sequences happen less regularly than the classified results.

When this audio is running you can still browse all Career Mode menus and continue to the next game week.

Managers Office

You can now view any available managerial positions via the Jobs Board, this allows you to change clubs mid season should you wish to.

Your manager now appears on the touchline in matches based on customisation options chosen at the start of Career Mode.

Transfer Negotiations

The transfer system has been completely re-written for Career Mode in FIFA 13.

You can now offer player plus cash and player trade deals to the CPU.

When offering to loan players you can now set a future purchase price to sign the player permanently at the end of the loan period.

When the CPU makes an offer for one of your players you can now choose to “Counter Offer” to ask for more money. The CPU will then choose to accept, reject or make a counter offer of their own.

Contract negotiations now contain advice from your Chief Executive which act as a guide to what they think the club and player may want.

When offering contracts you can now choose a role for the player you’re trying to sign eg Crucial Player, Important Player, Future Star. This expectation will effect whether a player chooses to join your club.

Prior to making a firm offer you can now make an Enquiry to find out whether a player is available and how much the club want for them.

You can now make offers for players directly from media stories by pressing the left stick.

A new Financial Strictness setting will limit the percentage of players sales that go back in to your transfer budget (chosen at the start of CM).

Breaking News

A new “Sky Sports” style overlay will now deliver breaking and top news to the Career Mode hub.

Edit Players

You now have the ability to edit player appearance during your Career Mode seasons. This option can be unlocked via the new EASFC Catalogue.

User Interface

You can now read news articles from the media pane whilst the game is advancing.

The first time you enter Career Mode menus a tutorial overlay appears to guide you through each panes function.

Things live increasing revenue through stadium expansions would be good. Also, being able to improve youth facilities would also help if they could implement it properly.

I know they had something similar in Fifa 09 and would be good to have this element back in a different capacity. Maybe like FM where you can request improvements to facilities through the boardroom.

They can add what they like to it, but unless they improve AI it's going to be shit still.
Even if they do, the problem with the AI is that it makes the games really repetitive, there is only one way to play against them if you want to do well, a lot of keeping the ball and then quick passes on the edge of the box until you're in. You end up scoring too much of the same. And the computer scores the same goals a lot. I think once you've played online against real people (as frustrating as that can be) playing against the AI is pretty dull.

Anyone seen any decent pre-order deals for this? I'll be looking for the Ultimate Edition for all the free guff you get on Ultimate Team, although I'm fully expecting them to have completely ruined it with their greed.

I'm probably in the minority, but as someone who loves Manager Mode if they do manage to pull off all the proposed new features and implement them without breaking anything, I'll be in hog's heaven. All I'd ask on top of that is a deeper kit editing system for the online Creation Centre (ability to create GK kits, for example).

Maybe some refinement of the Youth Academy, too. If it were up to me, I'd have it defined as a "Reserve" squad that would consist of your youth prospects and a limited (say, three) number of 'senior' players (21+ years old) that you are allowed to 'demote' to the Reserves if they're not getting game time for the first team, thus ensuring your fringe seniors still develop at perhaps a cost of some of their morale. Restricting the number of senior players you could demote at any one time and incorporating a negative effect on morale would prevent the feature being exploited by teams simply hoarding and boosting players, and it would also bear similarities to the actual U21 league that's just been implemented.

Thinking even further ahead, it would great if future iterations allow you to scout and poach players from other team's academy/reserves, though I imagine the mammoth size of database required for such functionality would be problematic.

It should be easier to loan out players as well. The ability to offer your players to specific clubs for guaranteed first-team football with the option to cover their wages as a sweetener to the receiving team would be nice. It's so frustrating to have a promising player in dire need of experience either constantly sat in your reserves, available for loan with no offers coming in or worse have a suitable team take your player on loan only to never play them.

They can add what they like to it, but unless they improve AI it's going to be shit still.
Even if they do, the problem with the AI is that it makes the games really repetitive, there is only one way to play against them if you want to do well, a lot of keeping the ball and then quick passes on the edge of the box until you're in. You end up scoring too much of the same. And the computer scores the same goals a lot. I think once you've played online against real people (as frustrating as that can be) playing against the AI is pretty dull.

Yep. Net been down over the weekend so I started a career thing, just can't get into it. Probably played 20 offline games as opposed to about 300 online.

One online change I would want is to make Ultimate Teams the same as other modes. Why do they speed the game up for it? I don't undestand.

Â