Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

Just watched it... wow.

That last scene, especially that last line, which has been trending on Twitter so I'm glad I've stayed off it all day.

Anyone else notice the throwbacks and the growing similarities between Walt and Gus as if he's becoming Gus? The scene with Lydia and Walt in the car-wash mirroring the time in Los Pollos Hermanos when Walt desperately needed to speak to Gus and Gus acted calmly, not talking about "the business", and even Walt folding the towel before throwing up in the toilet like Gus did after poisoning himself and the Cartel members? Even the kid with the remote-controlled car was a throwback, and I'm sure there were plenty of others that I missed on the first time watching it. Such clever writing, I love it.

He also started cutting the crusts off his sandwiches after he killed crazy 8

Edited by Folski

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. Best TV show ever, bar none.

With regards the last line, I read an interview with Dean Norris on IMDB and he said that it was tweaked to come across as "more of a plea than a threat"...

Edited by JB

Also could be seen as a spoiler but no exact specifics does refer to something from the latest episode though.

Was reading an interview with Vince Gilligan last night, and he said initially they knew they had 8 episodes, broke them up into 8 squares, and had initially hoped that Walt & Hank would come to a confrontation about the half way point, that Hank would be tailing him and going about his job in a professional a manner as always, but said the more and more the thought about it, the further and further forward they brought it, till initially they realised they had to put right bang in square one. He said they loads more and things really start to snow ball from here on in.

:)

Just watched it... wow.

That last scene, especially that last line, which has been trending on Twitter so I'm glad I've stayed off it all day.

Anyone else notice the throwbacks and the growing similarities between Walt and Gus as if he's becoming Gus? The scene with Lydia and Walt in the car-wash mirroring the time in Los Pollos Hermanos when Walt desperately needed to speak to Gus and Gus acted calmly, not talking about "the business", and even Walt folding the towel before throwing up in the toilet like Gus did after poisoning himself and the Cartel members? Even the kid with the remote-controlled car was a throwback, and I'm sure there were plenty of others that I missed on the first time watching it. Such clever writing, I love it.

I started a full rewatch two weeks ago, in season 4 now. 

There were a lot of throw backs. The remote controlled car was being driven by what I assume to be the same kid and Marie runs it over when Hank confronts her about dodging her clypto meetings. It was a good little spot to remind the viewers how much Hank's problems have changed. 

For those who haven't seen the Dead Freight alternate ending watch this and try to take the scene with Jesse feeling sorry for killing the kid seriously.  http://youtu.be/M_fcdP0UVqw 

Its weird watching Hank though, the actor has lost a lot of weight and even though he was meant to look run down it seems to be way more exaggerated because of it.

With regards the last line, I read an interview with Dean Norris on IMDB and he said that it was tweaked to come across as "more of a plea than a threat"...

I think it started out sounding like a plea, as did the rest of his pitch, but the final two words were definitely a threat...

I think it started out sounding like a plea, as did the rest of his pitch, but the final two words were definitely a threat...

I was thinking it might have been a plea in terms of "I really, really don't want it to come to it, please don't make me hurt you" kind of thing. Or that he was warning him about potential repercussions from the new dealers, or even the consequences for their family.

Here's the article I read anyway:

http://www.vulture.com/m/2013/08/breaking-bad-dean-norris-interview.html.

Thanks for the link JB, really good read. I posted a nerdist podcast with Vince Gilligan which was really interesting and a lot of fun on the previous page if you or anyone else are interested.

Â