Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

I agree with DDID.

Jessie is not exactly a good guy but his form has never shown him to be down right nasty either. He was a school drop out who went on to a poor impression of a small time drug dealer to fund his own habit. Then Walt stepped in. It was Walt that convinced Jessie that Gus would kill both of them once Gail was up to speed with pure cooking. It was Walt that convinced Jessie the only way out was to shoot Gail. It was Walt that convinced Jessie to keep cooking just when Jessie felt done with it all. Jessie is a puppet. Walt is the puppet master.

Gullible? Yes. A criminal? Yes. A cold hearted, nasty prick whose character changed beyond a realistic narrative? Definitely not.

Edited by brommy

Do you think? He had an attitude problem and a serious drug habit for most of the second and third seasons, he tried to steal from Gus if I remember rightly too. He shot Gale in the face. He was a prick for ages then suddenly became a nice guy because it suits the narrative.

That's pretty easily summed up by "Jesse on meth vs Jesse not on meth".

When he's on meth he's been reckless, done irrational things just for the sake of ensuring his next score.

Off meth you see the "real" Jesse, where he's really just some dumb kid who's been manipulated.

Infact you can sum Jesse's story up by manipulation, at first he was manipulated by his meth habit, now it's by Walt.

To all the people who disagree with me, I can see you are kinda right. I guess it just depends on how sympathetic you are, and I guess in my case it is 'not very'.

To all the people who disagree with me, I can see you are kinda right. I guess it just depends on how sympathetic you are, and I guess in my case it is 'not very'.

I think that depends on your ability to suspend your real world morals for an hour at a time. That's not a dig, some are more able to do that than others. I know a couple of people who agree with you.

Basically, aside from Walt Jr, pretty much every character in the show is reprehensible in some way by normal values. If Jesse was a real human being in the real world then yes, he's a scumbag. Shit, he's still a scumbag in the confines of the show.... But at least he has a heart and a soul. Which is more than you can say for the vast majority of them.

I think Jessie started like a no hope loser/druggie and was easy manipulated by Walt. But as the seasons go on you can see his charchter development. he is becoming more intelligent and doesnt take crap just look how he stood up to those mexican cartell when they laughed at him when they first saw sight of him when Gus was "delivering" him to them before the whole poisoning. I think it will come down to Jessie and Walt and and Jessie will murder him

I think Jessie started like a no hope loser/druggie and was easy manipulated by Walt. But as the seasons go on you can see his charchter development. he is becoming more intelligent and doesnt take crap just look how he stood up to those mexican cartell when they laughed at him when they first saw sight of him when Gus was "delivering" him to them before the whole poisoning. I think it will come down to Jessie and Walt and and Jessie will murder him

A friend of mine has been telling me for a while that he reckons it'll come down to Jesse v Walt. Jesse will get the chance to kill Walt and spare him, only for Walt to turn around and kill Jesse

Oh, that would be some end. Never really thought about where it may end up, but that sure sounds likely. I'm rooting for Jessie to be the last man standing, but this show really is dark so I guess Walt will be, or they both die somehow. If Walt ends up killing Jessie he might very well off himself as a last (somewhat) redeeming action, in what would be his first unselfish act.

That would be some ending, but I have a feeling it will be revealed in a moment of madness that Walt allowed Jessies gf to choke on her own vomit when he could have saved her. This will push Jessie over the edge. Be interesting if there is a death how they do it as it was a very creative death for Gus. I can only see a death for Walt or both

It would be far to easy for Wes to kill Walt, from a script point of view. The whole appeal of BB, for me, has been the way it has shown how people change to suit their circumstances, greed, death, power, loyalty all being factors, anyone is capable of anything.

Walt's made many enemies, Skyler and now maybe even Hank. The only character who could be considered a hero is Walter White Junior, Walt's downfall, if he has one, will be at the hands of one of these 3, or maybe a combination of the 3. That's my guess 

BB has been a remarkable series for me, everyone I know, that has given it a chance have remarked at how it has grabbed their imagination. Netflix subscribers will rocket once this gem goes main stream.

agreed tinker i told my cousins to sit watch it they are hooked to it. they go trhough about 4-5 episodes a day! best programme in agees

agreed tinker i told my cousins to sit watch it they are hooked to it. they go trhough about 4-5 episodes a day! best programme in agees

It's funny because it's true. Unfortunately, I have been guilty of this in the past, I mean I started the thread after all:

**** you Ginko! You started a duplicate thread. My thread was the original, but that was before Breaking Bad was cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, never watched this show, but can you tell me how the character of Hank is, and what the actor who plays him is like? He's (Dean Norris) been cast as the main villain in CBS's upcoming version of Under the Dome. As an avid Constant Reader (ie. Stephen King fan) I am very much looking forward to the series, but the casting of this role could pretty much make or break the whole thing.

Edited by hogso

Hank is awesome in Breaking Bad.  It's probably easy to be awesome in a show where the writing is so good, but Hank goes from being comic relief to deadly serious character and back again several times during the show and it's almost seamless. You see him as a real family man and an awesome cop too.  I wouldn't be worried at all about the actor (Dean Norris) **** your show up. 

• Like 1

Â