Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

Hank goes from being comic relief to deadly serious character and back again several times during the show and it's almost seamless.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to hear, on that basis he sounds perfect! Cheers fellers.

Just finished watching Season 4.

What a brilliant final episode, and a perfect ending to the whole series...

except there is a S5 which i don't think there should be.

I'd almost like to just leave it here.

Also, in order my favourite to least favourite:

S1

S4

S2

S3

I didn't like a lot of S2 & S3, they just kept going in circles with all the domestic crap with Skylar. 

and it was just too slow.

Just finished watching Season 4.

What a brilliant final episode, and a perfect ending to the whole series...

except there is a S5 which i don't think there should be.

I'd almost like to just leave it here.

Also, in order my favourite to least favourite:

S1

S4

S2

S3

I didn't like a lot of S2 & S3, they just kept going in circles with all the domestic crap with Skylar. 

and it was just too slow.

I thought S3 was very slow and nothing much happened, until the end where it started to pick up pace.

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard that they're planning on doing a spinoff with Saul?

Here's the article from Rolling Stone.

'Breaking Bad' Spinoff in the Works Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman character set to star
saul-600-1365618596.jpg
Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman on AMC's 'Breaking Bad'
Ursula Coyote/AMC
April 10, 2013 2:25 PM ET

"A TV show is ultimately judged by its spinoff," Bob Odenkirk joked at the wrap party for the fifth and final season of Breaking Bad. Turns out he wasn't kidding: Odenkirk's character, the comically overbearing lawyer Saul Goodman, is set to get his own show.

"No one thought the part was meant to last," Odenkirk told Vulture, adding that Goodman's final scene in the Breaking Bad finale will be "a really rich one."

Chemical Brothers: 'Breaking Bad' Stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul

Odenkirk, 50, has been discussing the spinoff, reportedly to be called Better Call Saul, with series creator Vince Gilligan. "Vince is still really busy with the show, so we haven't talked very in-depth about it, but he clearly thinks it's a possibility. And I've certainly told him that if there was some way to see more of Saul, then I would be happy to do it."

The Emmy-winning writer, who co-created (with David Cross) the late-Nineties HBO sketch comedy Mr. Show With Bob And David, recently told Rolling Stone his first day of shooting on Breaking Bad was "the most amazing night ever." The Goodman character, he added, is ripe for a spinoff: "Saul could become the mayor of Las Vegas. He could become the most respectable citizen in the city . . . He's gotta stay alive first. I hope he's wearing sunscreen."

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Stick with it through the first season

Stick with it ?!?! Season one is fabulous (aside from the slightly dodgy episode 2).

My theory for the new season is that Walt will become the kingpin of meth supply, now that Gus and everyone else are dealt with. Since they've said season 5 will be the last one, I think either Jesse or Walt will die at the end. I'd go with Jesse.

This ain't a spoiler mind, its a prediction.

Hey, I'm a huge fan and was hooked from the start but recently people I know have told me that it starts off slow. That's their opinion not mine, it was just some friendly advice for anyone who is thinking of starting to watch it.

As for your predictions on season 5, I think you might not be too far off, although I'm still unsure which of them will die. I think one of them will kill the other one and that they will turn on each other.

I'm really looking forward to watching it tomorrow though. I can't **** wait biiitch.

Those people should never ever attempt to watch The Wire or Madmen. Breaking Bad season one is the least slow TV ever made.

Something I can't work out. If Walt needs a way to launder his money so as not to make the IRS suspicious, why doesn't Jesse?

Walt smart, Jesse dumb.

Also, I can't recall Jesse spending enough money (yet) to alert the IRS. If he has plans to do anything with his millions, he'll need to open a laundry!

On a related note, how much does anyone on here 'guesstimate' Walt has amassed in his store 'pile'?

Something I can't work out. If Walt needs a way to launder his money so as not to make the IRS suspicious, why doesn't Jesse?

Yeah, they did start a story line with Saul trying to convince him to open a nail salon but then they never followed up on it.

My explanation would be that Jessie just uses cash all the time and doesn't make any big purchases which would attract suspicion whilst Walt is trying to set up an empire and has to look a bit legit.

Yeah, they did start a story line with Saul trying to convince him to open a nail salon but then they never followed up on it.

My explanation would be that Jessie just uses cash all the time and doesn't make any big purchases which would attract suspicion whilst Walt is trying to set up an empire and has to look a bit legit.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that bit. Was wondering why Saul would push Walt to invest but not Jesse.

I'm not having it that Jesse hasn't been spending though. That automatic vacuum cleaner couldn't have been cheap ;)

Walt smart, Jesse dumb.

Also, I can't recall Jesse spending enough money (yet) to alert the IRS. If he has plans to do anything with his millions, he'll need to open a laundry!

On a related note, how much does anyone on here 'guesstimate' Walt has amassed in his store 'pile'?

VG said that the props guy told him it would be around 80 million.

Walt smart, Jesse dumb.

VG said that the props guy told him it would be around 80 million.

Cool, thanks. It must be a real 'mind f$ck' knowing you have so much money but not being able to do much with it!

Â