Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Lowton needs to toughen up, physically and mentally. He thought he could just cruise on last year's fumes. He needs to hit the weight room and battle on the training ground. There's a good player in there.

He wasn't late for training in Jan he missed the whole session the day before a game.

I think you'll find the gobby mother of his children said differently on Twitter.....

(Good to see you back on here by the way!)

He wasn't late for training in Jan he missed the whole session the day before a game.

I think you'll find the gobby mother of his children said differently on Twitter.....

(Good to see you back on here by the way!)

I don't use Twitter so no idea what she said, but trust me, he missed the whole session the day before the Liverpool game.\

And thanks.

Matt Lowton will fight for his place at Aston Villa after clear-the-air talks with manager Paul Lambert.

Lowton’s second season at Villa Park has fallen flat with the right-back struggling to repeat his impressive impact from his debut campaign.

There have been several enquiries from clubs about taking Lowton on loan, but Villa and the player himself prefer him to stay and challenge Leandro Bacuna.

Lowton, who signed a new deal last summer to keep him at Villa until 2017, has been left out of Lambert’s last three matchday squads for the draw at Cardiff, defeat at Newcastle and victory over Norwich.

It follows a disciplinary issue in mid-January when Lowton was fined a week’s wages for reporting late for training at Bodymoor Heath after getting stuck in traffic on the M1.

The 24-year-old former Sheffield United favourite was omitted from the squad for the following day’s draw at Liverpool, but regained his place for the win over West Brom, was an unused substitute for the draw at Everton and started the defeat to West Ham.

Lambert insisted last month that he had not fallen out with Lowton and it is understood the defender has told the manager he is determined to regain his first team place.

Last season, during his first year in the top flight, Lowton was a virtual ever-present, starting all but one of Villa’s Premier League matches.

Lowton was critical of his dip in form earlier this season, admitting his performances had not been good enough.

What draw against Everton?

He needs to get his head down in training and beef up....needs to get on the weights and get his upper body in shape.....looks like Charles Haughtry

• 2 weeks later...

What is the general opinion with the lad on here?
I have always rated him and was genuinely excited when he signed. First season he was immense but this season, something is clearly up. I am not ITK whatsoever due to the fact I live in Thailand so don't know the word on the street or anyone closely associated with the Villa. All I am getting is that it seems to be his missus is causing issues, mouthing off and distracting him (which wouldn't be the first time for a defender at the Villa *cough* Unsworth *cough cough*)

Can anyone shed any light on the situation or at least give opinions on your thoughts on the player?
I personally don't know why he isn't playing... or why he wasn't even on the bench last night...

Been in terrible form this season - Bacuna ain't great at full back - but is much better than Lowton this season. The players warm by where I sit and you can see Lowton isn't happy - he's got a permanant scowl on his face.

As for 'will he stay' - can't really see who would come in for him

Where did you read that? As he isn't even the highest for tackles or interceptions in the Villa squad according to Whoscored.

Actually it did come from whoscored.com back on 7th March.

Edited by Avflife

Â