Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

He was meant to have been late on Friday judging by tweets etc.. have seen this for M1 on Friday

''Live M1 traffic news map showing jams & delays. ... at peak times due to roadworks, between 8 am and 8 pm, from 17 January 2014 to 21 January 2014.''

''Expected to be clear by 1:32pm Friday, January 17th 2014M1, Derbyshire. Two lanes closed and slow traffic due to recovery work on M1 Northbound between  ...''

''M1 problems 0833: BBC Travel News warns a multi-vehicle accident has blocked two lanes of the M1 southbound between J28 and J29.''

so looks like has been travelling down to Bodymore from either Chesterfield or Sheffield

I'm damn sure that if I can cycle ten miles in the p@ssing rain, after my my kid has been puking half the night, to make a meeting with several cancer consultants to analyse their upper GI data, Lowton can make sure he gets to a training session on time.

Of course, I could always tell them and their patients that their operation must wait.... c@ck. 

Footballers don't have many brain cells, and their partners have even less than them.

I wonder if we will see him consigned to the bomb squad after this unfortunate incident. Probably not, but I guess Lambert will severely restrict his starts and only play him if something happens to Bacuna. Can't see who else we can play at RB at the moment, unless Herd comes back into the squad.

It's a shame that Lowton has let himself down and I can't knock the club for punishing him like they did for failing to do the basics - turn up to training on time. Not exactly difficult is it?

He is an employee of the club and rewarded handsomely for it. I understand he has responsibilities as a parent/partner but also as an employee and IIRC the club have wanted players to live in the local area - it shouldn't cause too much of a problem, bearing in mind Chesterfield isn't a million miles away. 

We're all influenced by our respective partners, but not many of us earn £20,000 a week - that is surely enough compensation to get her through this.

I really like Lowton, he appears to be quite down to earth and not at all egotistical - it would be a crying shame if this would draw to a close his Villa career

• Like 1

She can be the one that drives to Sheffield though?? Don't understand why he, the one with job and responsibilities should be the one inconvenienced by her need to be up there. It's an hour she drives a range rover. Sort it out.

Would be a crying shame to set career back because of it!

He probably has a condition in his new contract that says he has to live within 35 miles of BMH. Living in Sheffield breaks the terms of that. I have relocated with work twice and have that in my contract.

Clearly all the extra commuting is taking it's toll.

I'm going to repeat this even though when I said it at the time a lot of people replied with the standard 'my sisters, work mate's dad said...'

But around this time last year my mate did a placement with his mum in Sheffield and came back and said she was saying how 'Lambert hasn't got a clue' and our bad performances were down to him etc etc. Not sure it fits in directly with this discussion, but it could be another piece in the puzzle suggesting they don't get along. 

Personally, I think if Lowton could replicate his performances from the latter end of last season, he is good enough and will be  big part of our team for years to come. 

Â