General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Oh God.

When you start cringing at how desperate some Villa fans can be over their disappointment at transfer dealings, clinging on to spotting 'a black man in a merc', you can always guarentee a Spurs fan to come along and be equally deluded to convince themselves of an equally disappointing window.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club must be worried if MM is out again. Perhaps that odd set of INCOGNITO tweets made them dust him down again.

I think they are long past looking at Villa Talk and worrying about tweets and the internet .

Going by last season that is painfully true.

AVB has come out and said he isn't signing anymore strikers this window, so I doubt Defore will be going anywhere.

I wouldn't take AVB's comments at face value - there's a lot of smokescreens swirling around at Spurs currently.

I think there's a decent chance that Spurs will sign another striker, in which case, given Defoe's strong desire for regular first team football, it wouldn't surprise me greatly (but still a little bit) if Defoe is allowed to leave. This assumes, of course, that he'd be willing to sign for club X and that a reasonable fee is involved for Spurs.

What the **** has Spurs transfers got to do with AVB anyway. 'Appy 'Arry has already told us all, over and over again that "Daniel deals wiv all that."

Talking of Redknapp what odds do you think I could get for him being Jim White's studio guest on deadline night?

It's funny! when the press don't write about you,the media don't mention you and OS writes a great article about Calderwood http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2897235,00.html we look to MM to solve our questions. to be honest we just portray ourself as needy, we have a good squad that needs some tweacking here and there but not as much as people on here sugguest. If we finnish above 12/13 this season i would be happy, Dont expect miracles! but never trust anyone who just tells you what you want to hear (Would you like some sweeties). My guess is that we have options and we will sit on it till the window is due to close, we will sign new players 3/5 depending on who is sold or loaned out, my guess is three, one striker, one left back and a great winger. Till the 31-08-2012 keep faith and never trust strangers.

What the **** has Spurs transfers got to do with AVB anyway. 'Appy 'Arry has already told us all, over and over again that "Daniel deals wiv all that."

Levy deals with fee negotiations (and wages for incoming players). He doesn't choose which new players are needed (or can be let go).

It's stupid to believe that AVB has nothing to do with Spurs transfers.

I've given an informed opinion about Defoe, who has been mentioned a fair bit on VT. Your response is aggressive nonsense.

I still believe we'll spend and make at least two new signings. I trust my info, at this stage

I also think there will be two more signings next week. We will bring in a left back and probably a forward.

Will it be enough to keep us clear of a relegation battle though?

I still believe we'll spend and make at least two new signings. I trust my info, at this stage

As with twitter and every other Tom Dick & Harry who claims they are ITK, when all these predictions don't happen, there is always 'well they were going to, something changed' or something similar.

Everyone can claim to know something, very little actually do though.

3 signings.. possibly 4. Lambert knows 2 issnt enough.. it will go down to the last day

If Makoun, Warnock and Hutton go, I can see 3 in I think 4 is pushing it. I think we might be in for a classic Martin O'Neil style final week.

Very weak rumour on twitter that weve had a bid accepted for cresswell

it seemed to be one ipswich fan tweeting others

Don't shoot the messenger - twitter is full of shite - but its a feasible target and along with olson probably the most likley of the muted names