General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah wenger is good with the cash, but not so good with Winning recent trophies. Selling their best players will not get them anywhere.

Very good at making money is Wenger.

Arsene Wenger bought Anelka,Song,Toure,Nasri,Adebayor,Henry, Vieira,Petit,Overmars,RVP &Cesc for £42m. Sold them for £225m. genius or fool?

Still No Silverware to show for After 2005.

The guy gets his team into the champions league every season whilst his owners give him less transfer money than they take in every summer.

There isn't another manager in the game who could deliver champions league with a negative transfer budget IMO.

Just listening to Football Weekly podcast - apparently QPR's current wages to turnover ratio is 183%. That's before they've even signed Dawson/Defoe etc...

Thought we were bad....

That's shocking. How on Earth can they keep this up? They remind me of a more extreme version of us under MON. Can see them ending up like Portsmouth.

They are owned buy the Mittal Family. Lakshmi Mittal is worth nearly twice as much as Roman Abramovich.

They can afford it...

They are 66% owned by Tony Fernandez, 33% owned by the Mittal family.

So far the Mittal family seem to be taking a back seat role, similar to Usmanov at Arsenal (that may change). The Mittal family didn't try and buy Ecclestone's shares when he sold to Fernandez, so maybe they don't have much interest.

Just listening to Football Weekly podcast - apparently QPR's current wages to turnover ratio is 183%. That's before they've even signed Dawson/Defoe etc...

Thought we were bad....

That's shocking. How on Earth can they keep this up? They remind me of a more extreme version of us under MON. Can see them ending up like Portsmouth.

They are owned buy the Mittal Family. Lakshmi Mittal is worth nearly twice as much as Roman Abramovich.

They can afford it...

So far the Mittal family seem to be taking a back seat role, similar to Usmanov at Arsenal (that may change). The Mittal family didn't try and buy Ecclestone's shares when he sold to Fernandez, so maybe they don't have much interest.

I don't think they would let their investment end up like Portsmouth though.

Thought we were bad....

They can afford it...

Like you said, they can afford it, maybe Tony Fernandez has a master plan, and they figure it's worth the risk. their investment in QPR is pin money to them.

I think they are more likely to fail at making it big than they are to succeed, and don't have the infrastructure in place to be a success, but when you have a personal wealth of $20bn whats a few £100M for some fun with a football team.

Thought we were bad....

They can afford it...

Like you said, they can afford it, maybe Tony Fernandez has a master plan, and they figure it's worth the risk. their investment in QPR is pin money to them.

I think they are more likely to fail at making it big than they are to succeed, and don't have the infrastructure in place to be a success, but when you have a personal wealth of $20bn whats a few £100M for some fun with a football team.

Yeah, there was talk of them moving into Stamford Bridge if Chelsea ever get their new stadium off the ground. That would help them aim their sights higher.

Anyway, back to talking about stupid twatter rumours :P

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

There are risks & costs in action,but the time for action is now.It's never too late to do something.Paul has a plan in place.

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

All growth depends upon activity. There is no development without effort, and effort means work. Work is taking place. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Success is connected with action.Successful individuals & businesses keep moving forward. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC 3h

Coming 2gether is the beginning; keeping 2gether is progress; working 2gether is success.If there's no struggle,there is no progress #avfc

Platitudes are the root of all evil.

It reminds me of the Sphinx in Mystery Men.

"He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions."

He who walks though airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok

I asked ICOGNITO AVFC what that all meant. I got no reponse. So mysterious. Well actually in my view it was all cryptic waffle.

MM is it Charlie Adam? I got a whisper we have been talking to Liverpool about him.

No idea only know that Adam wanted to come to Villa when Gary Mac was there when we got Bent . Then Holloway got involved and the rest is history .

I don't know the main targets . I suspect Bennett or Creswell are high on the list but money quoted is plain stupid

He is clearly full of shit.

I'd love to see him doing a "motivational" pre-match team talk in the dressing room

It would be like watching a cross between Eric Cantona and David Brent.

Sounds like he read one of Paul McKenna's books and took it too seriously.

Has anyone on here even seen that Cresswell play before? Be honest! I know I haven't. It just seems that a lot of people are mentioning him just because we enquired. I know nobody was saying we should sign him before the story about our enquiry.

To anyone that has actually seen him play (more than once), would he be worth the risk? Do you think he could make the step up? Do you think he'd do a better job than Lichaj?

He's quality going forward, always trying to support the guys infront of him. Has a lovely delivery first time or dead ball, set up alot of goals and was voted fans player of the year. Not the quickest full back i have ever seen.

Definitely worth a shot, under PL he could turn out to be a right little gem!

Thought we were bad....

They can afford it...

tony fernandes is a gobshite. that club will be **** in 5 years

MM is there any suggestion the new European scout is already recommending players from the continent???

Major overhaul of scouting not just due to PL even though it was his recommendation on this guy ! They want to have in place a proper scouting systen to assist whoever is the Manager so it becomes the clubs scouting set up not the managers ! In answering your question don't know but the real fruit of this I assume will be next summer