General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Express and Star reporting we have turned down a loan move for Huddlestone, alledgedly stating PL is happy with his midfield options.

I would have thought he would want someone in the middle, but no point loaning Huddlestone from Spurs, even though I would like him Spurs would never give you an option to buy, so if he does well he would cost a fortune.

Express and Star reporting we have turned down a loan move for Huddlestone, alledgedly stating PL is happy with his midfield options.

If Lambert is happy with his midfield 'options' (isn't a great deal to choose from), then I have little faith in him as a manager

a mate of mine recently became a football agent and he is at VP on thurs. he represents a famous striker - his words - wont say who he is at this stage but said villa arent interested. he also thinks we'll struggle this year as we arent in the hunt for many of the players doing the rounds. eithe r we have a masterplan and noone knows it or the lack of movement is worrying

No offense pal, your mate recently became an agent and he said we weren't in for many players that were doing the rounds...I dont think its the kind of business where they run every potential deal by the new fish in the pond... and secondly the fact that we aren't in the hunt for many players "doing the rounds" is a good thing if they're anything like the players doing the rounds from our club (Hutton and Warnock).

none taken, i agree with all you say. he's a sales guy who got into it with a small agency and said its a bizarre job. he's just put two croatians into palermo and udinese so it sounds like a free for all and everyone gets to panic buy stage now. will be interesting to hear what he says about the meet tomorrow though

a mate of mine recently became a football agent and he is at VP on thurs. he represents a famous striker - his words - wont say who he is at this stage but said villa arent interested. he also thinks we'll struggle this year as we arent in the hunt for many of the players doing the rounds. eithe r we have a masterplan and noone knows it or the lack of movement is worrying

No offense pal, your mate recently became an agent and he said we weren't in for many players that were doing the rounds...I dont think its the kind of business where they run every potential deal by the new fish in the pond... and secondly the fact that we aren't in the hunt for many players "doing the rounds" is a good thing if they're anything like the players doing the rounds from our club (Hutton and Warnock).

none taken, i agree with all you say. he's a sales guy who got into it with a small agency and said its a bizarre job. he's just put two croatians into palermo and udinese so it sounds like a free for all and everyone gets to panic buy stage now. will be interesting to hear what he says about the meet tomorrow though

Ive met a fk load of agents. Theyre always ITK but can you say who he works for.. ?

he's just put two croatians into palermo and udinese so it sounds like a free for all and everyone gets to panic buy stage now.
Neither Udinese or Palermo have signed any Croatian players. :detect:

If Lambert is happy with his midfield 'options' (isn't a great deal to choose from), then I have little faith in him as a manager

Luckily there are no quotes from Lambert, so we can all keep our faith in him.

You know what type of player we need? Someone like Roma's Michael Bradley, a tough midfielder with a nose for goal...shame we can't get good players like that...

Yeah but he's crap and can't cut it in this league as evidenced by the 1 1/2 games he played for us.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it.

It seems there MUST be decent money around. McLeish has claimed in a skysports article entitled 'no regrets' - that he has Sigurdsson basically totally lined up before he got the chop.

Read here.

My feeling is that there is around £10-12M to spend. Lambert is going to prioritise a biggish name signing (a striker), sell Warnock to fund a new LB. Sell Hutton to replace with a CB.

The Djemba_Villan prediction is....we wont get rid of both Hutton AND Warnock....we'll see Warnock go, a good CF in, a decent LB in and a backup (probably a bit naff CB in)

he has Sigurdsson basically totally lined up before he got the chop

McCleish had aparently lined up Douglas and Haidara too. Crikey I'm beginning to wish he'd stayed now! :lol:

tumblr_luvwiezQRU1qiicfz.gif