General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not defending him as i think he was extremely defensive, boring and brought it on himself by putting out awful starting 11's.

But he has a lot of valid points in there... Petrov the captain out, brought in jenas and he was out injured. Bent was injured for 17 games. We had just lost NRC,Ashley young and Stuart Downing and he took on the job even though he was meant to balance the books ( Which not a lot of managers would do ) . And the signings brought in were completely off form Given,Hutton and N'Zogbia.

Given kept us in the league last season.

I strongly Disagree.

He was certainly an improvement on Friedels last season with us.

Thats extremely debatable and i think the majority of villa fans would disagree as been mentioned in the given vs friedel thread. IMO Given was a class keeper before he came to villa. Since being here hes been very average at club and country level.

10m for Jarvis and up to 9.5m for Dawson shows how easy it is to blow a massive load of cash when buying from England. If we signed them then we would just be making the same mistake all over again

This. QPR are panic buying there way out of trouble and giving themselves a ridiculous wage bill in the process.

Surely we can utilise our new Chief Scout and sign some decent players from Europe for less than the £25m Wolves are quoting for Jarvis and Fletcher. Scandalous.

If Fulham are after Eduardo like The Sun reported (so probably BS), we would do well to inquire. He could serve as a decent player in the deep lying forward position with decent pace and also good finishing ability.

Would rather we went for someone a bit younger but for £7m would be a good addition.

9 days to go. :?

It's worryingly quiet!!!!

But I'm sure the silence will be broken soon, and it'll probably be for another player that most of us have never heard of and the papers had no clue about!

Pretty sure Mat Kendrick said that he thought we were in negotiations for players but he had no idea who.

could he be anymore vague? LOL

I can say with complete confidence that we are definitely either in negotiations with some players or we are not, but I have no idea who.

Not defending him as i think he was extremely defensive, boring and brought it on himself by putting out awful starting 11's.

But he has a lot of valid points in there... Petrov the captain out, brought in jenas and he was out injured. Bent was injured for 17 games. We had just lost NRC,Ashley young and Stuart Downing and he took on the job even though he was meant to balance the books ( Which not a lot of managers would do ) . And the signings brought in were completely off form Given,Hutton and N'Zogbia.

Given kept us in the league last season.

I strongly Disagree.

He was certainly an improvement on Friedels last season with us.

Thats extremely debatable and i think the majority of villa fans would disagree as been mentioned in the given vs friedel thread. IMO Given was a class keeper before he came to villa. Since being here hes been very average at club and country level.

Wrong - wrong and wrong again.

Jarvis would be a very decent addition for us

Not at that price. For 10m you want a top class player not an 'he's alright on his day player'. Haven't we learnt anything from our N'Zogbia lesson ?

And to be fair to Charlie, he's had far more 'great' days than Jarvis ever has

How there's an 8m valuation difference between Jarvis and Kightly is baffling.

Jarvis would be a very decent addition for us

Not at that price. For 10m you want a top class player not an 'he's alright on his day player'. Haven't we learnt anything from our N'Zogbia lesson ?

And to be fair to Charlie, he's had far more 'great' days than Jarvis ever has

How there's an 8m valuation difference between Jarvis and Kightly is baffling.

I get the feeling Wolves value that 1 England cap at about £5mil.

Kendrick said he was confident there would be signings before the window closes but he didn't know who.

I really hope it's not a Wolves player but I have faith either way.

And I'm sure MON will buy at least one of our players on the 31st!