General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're happy to cut costs, spend little and just coast along surviving.

Why were people so desperate for Doug to sell up then? Why did people hold those £ signs up?

As for transfers.

There seem to be 2 big names available in Carroll and Johnson. 2 young players, 2 players with points to prove and careers to get back on track.

2 players we should be trying to bring in.

Would you stop supporting Villa if we were not in the premier league?

Because you just come across as a spoilt child stamping their feet.

Not ever happy with anything.

"We know we have to work with Paul to freshen the squad after a poor, disappointing season last year. It's about trying to get the squad ready to go so we can challenge in the top half of the table. We need to make sure Paul has the tools needed for a successful season"

Ten days left then PF

I think its funny how most of the ITK's (excluding Agent_ITK as he hasnt said anything about Villa recently apart from the Bent fiasco) have said for the past 2 weeks "expect a big week for transfers for Villa this week" then nothing happens, just goes to show how full of shit they are...

On a brighter note - anyone heard anything? :P

Not exactly Villa related but it sees MON is looking at fair number of players some people would like down VP:

Sunderland want to speak to Fulham over Liverpool target Clint Dempsey and are keen on Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha and Dnipro full back Ivan Strinic.

Dempsey has been linked with a move to Anfield all summer, but may be persuaded to travel to the Northeast instead.

Fulham are considering a move for ex-Arsenal striker Eduardo, who is at Shakhtar Donetsk and Brescia's Omar El Kaddouri, 21.

Sunderland are still waiting on the £12million signing of Steven Fletcher from Wolves.

The Scot handed in a transfer request at Wolves, and is expected to move north.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2191227/Sunderland-hoping-pip-Liverpool-Fulhams-Clint-Dempsey.html

"We know we have to work with Paul to freshen the squad after a poor, disappointing season last year. It's about trying to get the squad ready to go so we can challenge in the top half of the table. We need to make sure Paul has the tools needed for a successful season"

Ten days left then PF

I've asked it before and no one answered, so I'll ask it again.

Why would Paul Lambert, a successful, young ambitious manager that would've had to nouse and confidence to realise that he could've gotten his pay rise from a number of clubs willing to take him on, and had a very secure position at Norwich, come to Aston Villa just to inherit a poor squad and be given no money to spend?

Seriously, what would make a chap like Paul Lambert, who's stock was very high at Norwich, come to Villa?

The thing is, if we don't go for the Carrolls and Johnsons and aim our sights lower, then a lot of people bemoan the lack of ambition!!

Even if we get both Carroll and Johnson, people will still moan. You can't win.

Ten days left then PF

Why would Paul Lambert, a successful, young ambitious manager that would've had to nouse and confidence to realise that he could've gotten his pay rise from a number of clubs willing to take him on, and had a very secure position at Norwich, come to Aston Villa just to inherit a poor squad and be given no money to spend?

Seriously, what would make a chap like Paul Lambert, who's stock was very high at Norwich, come to Villa?

Wider choice of lapdancing establishments?

Ten days left then PF

Wider choice of lapdancing establishments?

Perhaps, but according to VT he's got no money to spend in them!

:winkold:

Not that we've been linked to him but i would love us to go after Nikola Maksimović from Red Star Belgrade.

I have a few ex Serb friend who support Zvezda and they think he'll be as good as Vidic.

I've only seen him 4 times but he really impressed me.

This is the type of signings we should be making, before he moves to a semi-big club. The next time he move's his value will have quadrupled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVg9VG3RTyg

Ten days left then PF

To escape the smell of manure?