General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Ki is about to sign for Swansea from Celtic for 5million, why are we not going in for players like this guy?

i rated Michu for few yrs and couldn't believe he went for 2million, now they are getting Ki as well, these are the type of players we should be going for.. point to prove, reasonable price and wages and very good players indeed.

It would be very very amusing if Laudrup gets Swansea finishing higher than Liverpool and Rodgers this season....

and i actually could see that happening....

got some very good players Swansea but they need to hold on to Sinclair...

stupid move by him if he goes to Citeh

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god.

The man could do anything and some would still be waving the stars and stripes.

No so. But the abuse Lerner gets on here is totally unjustified.

We have one of the cheapest ST rates in the PL.

We have world class training facilities

We have an owner prepared to spend money on making the fans visit and experience to the ground far more pleasurable.

We have an owner who has sunk at least £200m of his own money into the club.

Yes Lerner has made mistakes - 2 managerial appoitnments for starters, letting certain managers go a bit overboard with the wage budget and the farcical involvement with "The General" but the abuse and ill feeling towards him is totally and utterly unjustified when set against everything he has done for the club.

It is all to easy on the message board to chuck out nonsensical comments like

My god.

The man could do anything and some would still be waving the stars and stripes.

without providing any explanation as to why you have come to that point of view. The next response I will recieve is that I am a "Randy Lover" (fnar fnar) and that I am blind to what is obviously going on because a free scarf and a bus trip have won me over. Nonsense. I just firmly believe that the current owner is a man of honour and integrity who on the whole has done his best for the club.

One factor you've missed there lad. Our present squad is crap.

You can't blame Lerner for that. The identification of players is the manager's responsibility. If Lerner chooses to sell over the manager's head that is Lerner's fault but surely no manager in post would tolerate that?

Who feckin appointed those managers in the first place.

You can't blame Lerner for that. The identification of players is the manager's responsibility. If Lerner chooses to sell over the manager's head that is Lerner's fault but surely no manager in post would tolerate that?

When you sell your best players and your net spend for years is in the negative numbers it would be one amazing manager who ends up with a good squad after that.

But yeah nothing to do with Lerner.

I am not going to sit here and moan before the window has closed, but I have to say I am pretty bummed out thus far. If we sign 3-4 gems before September starts we are going to be fine, and we know good players take a lot of dealing with to get them, but we have already lost a game because of our lack of quality. Everton on Saturday, and team that can easily beat ut given their strength from last season (7-8 games unbeaten?) and a good game against United last night. I would be pretty happy with a point in that game.

We needed a few signings after Lambert got onboard, and we have signed the bare minimum to avoid relegation at best. Out of all the teams in the league, their current squad as of last season and their needs, we are probably in the bottom 3 in terms of this transfer window. Worrying to say the least, and I am let down that we are not in for players such as Adam Johnson who would fit us nicely. We need creativity, we need a winger, we need som flair - he has all of that. Like I said initially, the window is still open and we can get in more players - but indications are not good at all.

For how many years has our net spend been negaitive? Evidence would be nice.

Sold who of any note Milner, Young and Downing?

Bought Makoun, Bent, Given, Hutton, N'Zog, Vlaar, Lowton, KEA.

Thinking 1 season max of negative net expenditure, but if you could provide the figures that would be nice.

Well he didn't appoint MoN.

He did appoint Houllier who gave us Bent.

And as discussed he dropped the ball massively with McLeish but I would still argue some mitigation on his behalf there as I honestly dont think anybody else wanted the job.

Nobody else wanted the job eh? Always wondered why Mcleish got the post so thanks for that.

When you sell your best players and your net spend for years is in the negative numbers it would be one amazing manager who ends up with a good squad after that.

When I have I ever said it is

nothing to do with Lerner.

Those "best players" Barry/Milner/Young and Downing all wanted to leave. They all went to bigger clubs prepared to pay more money than we could. So they were sold - turning profits on all of them I hasten to add.

Despite that the club has still lost £54m last season so ANY investment and talk of "net spend" needs to be set in that context. I hope to Paul McGrath you don't run your own business - if you do, I'll see you in Bankruptcy Court in the very near future.

For how many years has our net spend been negaitive? Evidence would be nice.

Sold who of any note Milner, Young and Downing?

Bought Makoun, Bent, Given, Hutton, N'Zog, Vlaar, Lowton, KEA.

Thinking 1 season max of negative net expenditure, but if you could provide the figures that would be nice.

Since mon left our net spend on the squad is around £-13 million.

Dougs last 3 years our net spend was around £22 million.

Quite a difference when under one of those it was unacceptable to not spend and show no ambition.

Or your god martin o'neill who wasted a large amount of money

um, i came on here to read all the latest twatter bollocks and all i get is a pissing contest over how much you either love or hate randy?

tut, tut, tut.

soooo...

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

Darren Bent could make a surprise return to #THFC, depends on wage demands. #Spurs #Football #Villa #AVFC

(i smell bullshit)

Transfer news ‏@Transfernews123

Aston Villa are Set to offer £2.5mil & Stephen Warnock to Blackburn for Left back Martin Olsson . #AVFC #BRFC

(how great woudl that be???)

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

There have been no offers for Darren Bent. #avfc

Espandi Risposta Retweet Preferiti

not seen anything else interesting. and the only thing there is olsonn really. anyone else got some juicier bullshit?

Oh, ffs, not that crap again. BJ10, if I had a picture of a broken record I'd put it up just for you, cause that's what you sound like. And can you show me the actual numbers where Doug put up a net spending of £22m? I remember that we couldn't even loan Bakke the last half of the last season. We couldn't even afford to water the pitch. And the difference is that this is Lerners own money, Doug never gave anything of his own money.

And why am I writing this, adding to this stupid, meaningless debate? :?

Martin Olsson would be ok, but not much more, IMO.

Just for future reference. If anybody asks

Why are we not in for player x?

It's because there is no money to spend. Nothing. All that stuff about lessons being learnt earlier in pre-season was bullshit to try and keep season ticket sales up.

Who feckin appointed those managers in the first place.
Would you prefer the owner mandate to any prospective/future managers whom they can and cannot sign?

I think Lerner's record of signing managers to date speaks for itself.