General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I am not so worried about the midfield. I feel like Clark looked good in that position last year

I'm afraid from the games I saw he was very weak and wouldn't have anywhere the midfield. I'm curious as to which game your referring to where you thought he looked good?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we currently only have 3 fit strikers; one we can rely on. For defense, we only have 3 fit CBs, all whom have little to no experience playing in the league. Both are areas we should be addresses before the West Ham match.

I am not so worried about the midfield. I feel like Clark looked good in that position last year

I'm afraid from the games I saw he was very weak and wouldn't have anywhere the midfield. I'm curious as to which game your referring to where you thought he looked good?

He scored a couple great goals for us during January/February, one against QPR I think?

More it was just a general feeling that he was well suited for the DM role. He knows how to defend and tackle, but has the skills to play the ball forward and get involved in the attack.

Very weak? I would like to know what games you thought he looked weak in :).

Striker for sure. Left back a close second.

I am not so worried about the midfield. I feel like Clark looked good in that position last year and Warnock can play there as well.

Yeah, I think we need someone who is a real threat, someone opposition players are worried about.

Bent is the only one (Gabby possibly) who they are worried about at the moment.

Although this season we have some unknown quantities (Like a lot of teams do) for the opposition to focus on.

Ireland and N'Zogbia, due to their enigmatic reputation so far could also be a threat if they're underrated, but that'll only be the case if they perform to a high level.

Are any defences really scared of Gabby though?!

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I think they used to be definitely. And he is strong and quick, a lethal combination.

But lack of form and lack of footballing intelligence may mean they've sussed him out and are no longer intimidated.

But you never know, in form and on his day, too fast to catch, too strong to derail, he could still be formidable.

I am not so worried about the midfield. I feel like Clark looked good in that position last year and Warnock can play there as well.

Which reminds me that Clark was a very capable left back when Houllier told Warnock to clear off a coule of seasons ago. Also made his ROI debut there.

If we can't get a LB in I'd rather see Clark there than Warnock. Leaves the centre a bit thin though.

Im not sure how much Clark will be used in midfield this season.

As for Warnock....Id never want to see him there again, thats even if he is still here!

gazzetta link us to Simone Farina a 30 year old form Gubbio, more famous for being a whistleblower than his defensive ability

big offer to coach in the youth set up apparently. dunno what a big offer is though in that context! prob €200,000 ;)

if you're THAT interested i can tranlsate it a bit better than google would!

not much more than the fact that he's become a symbol of fair play after he refused 200 grand to throw a cup game against cesena and his resulting fame has led to an "important"/decent/big offer to come to villa and have a role in the youth set up...

nothing about teaching the butt, or bringing out the gimp.

if you're THAT interested i can tranlsate it a bit better than google would!

not much more than the fact that he's become a symbol of fair play after he refused 200 grand to throw a cup game against cesena and his resulting fame has led to an "important"/decent/big offer to come to villa and have a role in the youth set up...

nothing about teaching the butt, or bringing out the gimp.

Haha that will do mate. Slightly gathered that from the shite google translation, but was certainly hoping for more to do with teaching butts if I'm being totally honest :(

Moose (Ian Abrahams) from TalkSport saying James Milner will be a Sunderland player by Friday. That guy does chat some shit! On the tiny weeny off chance he is available, I'd hope we'd be in for him.

I wish people would just ignore CI's posts if they don't like them.

I'm more bored of reading childish, sarcastic responses to CI than I am of reading his daft posts. At least he's trying to contribute to the discussion, irrespective of how surreal his opinion may appear to be.