General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Hara would be a decent player if you could get enough games out of him.....

the only player id take from Wolves would be Doyle - Think Bent would love playing with him and Doyle would do a lot better in a better side !!

I've always disagreed with that 'infinite monkeys + infinite typewriters + infinite time = complete works of Shakespear' stuff.

If you said, "A machine will type randomly for an infinite amount of time", then I'd believe it. But monkey's have brains, and the idiots will probably find a certain key on the typewriter or a shape on the page that they like. Therefore, it's not completely random, and the 'random' aspect of it is the whole point of the 'infinite + infinite' thing.

Also, the monkey's would probably just shit on the paper.

If someone said an infinite amount of monkey's shitting on paper will produce the complete works of Shakespear... I might believe it :lol:

For those that didn't get the initial chimpanzee gag - it was said somewhere that if you gave a chimpanzee a means to type, sooner or later, the odds are that it would be able to write the complete works of Shakespeare. The last line, is Shakespeare... (I think...)

I have to say that is one of the most erudite and intelligent posts I have ever seen on this forum. So full marks from me...

Not really , like those monkeys , lock enough of us to keyboards and this is what you will get ... Eventually .

We're not signing Messi! We're signing someone from Verona, get it right.

Romeo messi?

No way, we are getting Mercutio on a Bosman from Verona...Oh hang on he gets killed by Tybalt in Act 3 Scene 1 so maybe not. I knew my O Level English Lit would come in useful one day.

As for Jarvis, not a bad shout at at the right price, also Doyle at the right price. We need a striker now Heskey has gone (OK I know he was never that) as the Fonz won't make the grade IMO.

So we are not signing anyone?

Seemingly one of Romeo, Benvolio, Mercutio or Tybalt. I think you get much better value when you sign foreign players.

So we are not signing anyone?

Seemingly one of Romeo, Benvolio, Mercutio or Tybalt. I think you get much better value when you sign foreign players.

Maybe, but would Chelsea sell him?

I wonder if Juliet comes with him as a female fitness coach ;)