Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

westwood has lost his place as far as im concerned, players should have to earn it back including tekkers and gabby

Westwood has been our worst midfielder so far. I dont think he should come back in.

• Like 1

westwood has lost his place as far as im concerned, players should have to earn it back including tekkers and gabby

Westwood has been our worst midfielder so far. I dont think he should come back in.

we need to use the squad and not be afraid to drop players who aren't performing and so far this season westwood hasnt been as good as last season/maybe a bit of time on the bench will be good for him

I think westwood should come back into the side. He offers more composure and better passing than either sylla or kea. Its Delph, Westwood and one of those two for me.

Sometimes I wonder  what KEA has to do to get recognition on here. Most key passes and tackles in the team today but you'd swear some attribute his work to other players. Oh well

Very true.

This

I thought he originally lost his place due to injury, but i agree that no-one should be guaranteed a starting place - it has to be earnt and sustained. I'm sure he and Lowton will get back in again.

KEA is a strange one, not a bad player but never been consistent enough or affective enough, but deserves praise for yesterday.

• Like 1

This

I thought he originally lost his place due to injury, but i agree that no-one should be guaranteed a starting place - it has to be earnt and sustained. I'm sure he and Lowton will get back in again.

KEA is a strange one, not a bad player but never been consistent enough or affective enough, but deserves praise for yesterday.

I would go a bit further. He was immense at Arsenal & has done well in all games since. Maybe a years experience of the PL has helped him? The same appears to apply with Clark who I don't think has done much wrong since he's come in.

I agree Butterfingers, on both counts.

It's amajpr talent of Lambert that he can identify players with not just ability, but with the sort of attitude which means they keep at it, and overcome unfamiliarity or inexperience.

I can't think of any where they've difintely been a failure. SO when I look at the ones who have or are struggling, I feel confident that they will come good.

I guess, too when you buy players chaeaply, or bring through players from the reserves they are more likely to need time to settle down and learn requirements of the step up in level. That they are doing so, is brilliant.

• Like 2

I may not explain this particularly well, but I hope you get what I mean...

What I like about KEA is that he plays short passes into space, rather than straight to feet. That's a positive btw.

Too often our player put the wrong angle on the ball making us more static in our play. KEA is one of the few that plays a pass where a player moves onto the ball, whilst subsequently getting on the move himself.

I may not explain this particularly well, but I hope you get what I mean...

What I like about KEA is that he plays short passes into space, rather than straight to feet. That's a positive btw.

Too often our player put the wrong angle on the ball making us more static in our play. KEA is one of the few that plays a pass where a player moves onto the ball, whilst subsequently getting on the move himself.

Like a quarterback.

Talking about midfielders they are all roughly the same level of competence but some give plus points and minus points that are different.

Fans will have their favourites and usually cut their men slack, the ones they don't fancy see their every mistake.

They all offer different things for me....but hoping progress will be made.

It's good that we now are developing a squad as opposed to just a team.

• Like 1

Playing at a really good level now and AGAIN shows why people would be better off waiting a fair while before deciding players ae not up to it.

PL's track record really does look like it will stand scrutiny with anyone when it comes to getting decent players in.

Never going to be a superstar, but composed, gritty, technically able, committed.

Â