Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be disappointed if we go 4-4-2 in this game.

With players like Young, Ox, Walcott and Downing i'd rather have he extra midfielder. Would be more effective than playing Carroll and Wellbeck. 4-2-3-1 is always seen as a negative formation but it can be very attackive*** if played correctly.

*** Is attackive even a word? Looks odd....

It will be another draw tonight, we as villa fans should know that is the most likely result when these type of negative safety first tactics are used.

Hodgson will fall back on them tonight just like mcleish did, can`t handle the pressure so he is trying to lower expectation and play it safe.

We will be going long ball, which is why carroll is on instead of defoe.

Carroll has been picked because Sweden are dodgy at defending headers.

6 of their last 7 goals conceeded have come from headers and Carroll is the only forward in the England squad who can exploit that.

Pretty much. Carroll will hold up play, create and get the wingers (Welbeck and Young) into the attack. Smart strategy. Outside Olly, I don't rate this Swedish defence highly.

Sweden made a few changes to their team as well bringing in Olsson from WBA so will be stronger in air.

Also credit to Ukraine still early days but has been none of the trouble the scaremongering from media anticipated and all issues have been in Poland

Also credit to Ukraine still early days but has been none of the trouble the scaremongering from media anticipated and all issues have been in Poland

absolutely ukraine so far have been excellent hosts

absolutely ukraine so far have been excellent hosts

And they band the **** band. Three cheers for Ukraine!

*** Is attackive even a word? Looks odd....

no.

"Attacking" is the word you're looking for

How stupid of me.

Cheers :thumb:

How about "attacktive"? Attacking and attractive, like Villa are going to be next season...

The ITV coverage of the Euros is just as good as the BBC. The ITV pundits of Keane, Viera, Strachan, Southgate, Martinez are just as good as the BBC pundits, and are less smug and predictable

The adverts breaks are a bit annoying, even for a marketing guru like myself but the actual pre, half and post game analysis is just as good. I know I will be outnumbered with regards to this opinion but I feel there is not much difference. More forthright views too.

Â