Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

If ever there was a thread to highlight the fickle nature of football fans it's this one.

One average performance against Croatia and a couple of niggling injuries and he's all of a sudden shit.

Shay Given was the best goalkeeper a club of our current stature could attract 12 months ago and he remains the best goalkeeper a club of our current stature could attract now.

Yes, he has faults - someone show me a human being that doesn't, but they are outweighed by his skill and experience.

Shay Given was the best goalkeeper a club of our current stature could attract 12 months ago and he remains the best goalkeeper a club of our current stature could attract now.

This is very true but it does not mean he is an excellent GK. He is just the best we can expect at this time. Which is why it would be crazy to sell him.

Does not make fans fickle if they do not rate him that highly.

Shay Given single handedly kept villa up last season? If Weimann did not score in the last minute against Fulham we would of been relegated, why isn't he being lauded as Villa's savior? Given keeping us up last season is simply laughable.

Nothing to do with tonights game, i'd let him go and replace him with Mcgregor from Rangers. Cost about £2m and about half of Givens wages.

Given is a great keeper but we are operating on a budget, his injury record and high wages for me mean we should look to move him on.

Lee Camp, anyone?

GokWan.jpg

There really is something about that face that makes me want to smash his back doors in....

Whatever floats your boat mate

Oh very mature!

Die!

Sorry, couldnt resist it :D

Shay Given single handedly kept villa up last season? If Weimann did not score in the last minute against Fulham we would of been relegated, why isn't he being lauded as Villa's savior? Given keeping us up last season is simply laughable.

Sorry, that's just not true, we were 2 points and superior goal difference ahead of 18th. There were several games in which he was the main reason we got anything out of it and without him we may well have gone down.

Allan McGregor was Hutton's best man at his wedding, so if Lambert is looking at keepers and McGregor was a target then it shouldn't be difficult to get him considering he's almost a dead cert to leave Rangers with all their troubles.

Nothing to do with tonights game, i'd let him go and replace him with Mcgregor from Rangers. Cost about £2m and about half of Givens wages.

he'd actually cost nothing at all, since glasgow rangers fc will cease to exist tomorrow and he can't be forced to move his contract over to the rangers fc, as the new company and club will be known

We are being very harsh on Given. He's clearly not a 100% fit. Noted particularly in the game against Croatia kicking towards the angles. A sure sign that any keeper doing this is trying to compensate for injury.

He is also playing behind one of the worst ROI teams ever which Given clearly has no confidence in. Bemused describing his match expression would be putting it mildly.