Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

macandally, everyone is entitled to an opinion but Green seriously? I would see Robinson and Ruddy as possible equals to Given but how can you state that Butland is a better option?? Have you watched much of Cheltenham Town in the past 12 months?

Given is on the downward slide. I'd let him go for as little as £1.5m if we can get him off the wage bill. I was seriously disappointed with him last season and blame him for the amount of set pieces we let in, along with our crap centre backs of course. I honestly think that there are better options out there. Not Robert Green though!!

macandally, everyone is entitled to an opinion but Green seriously? I would see Robinson and Ruddy as possible equals to Given but how can you state that Butland is a better option?? Have you watched much of Cheltenham Town in the past 12 months?

Mmmm, yes!

I dont necessary advocate bringing Butland in as the number 1, but he was coached by the same guy who coached Hart at Blues. The guy who is now the England goalkeeper coach. His fundamental technique is good and he shows a lot of the confidence and competence of Hart.

He did make mistakes at Cheltenham, but despite them being local to me and supported by half my mates, that is the right place to get those errors out of the system.

Definite number 2 and still say get rid of Given.

Wow, Macandally keeper shocker!!

Rob Green is not that bad. CI did you read the posts previously, or just knee jerk off the one above?

Robinson definitely as good as Given, same attributes, both primarily shot stoppers. IF anything, Robinson more commanding and younger.

Butland, I posted about earlier.

id take robinson ahead of given tbh. he'd probably cost half as much in wages, and if we sold given we'd likely get robinson for a similar fee. given is, quite simply, on too much money and too long a contract for what he offers

Rob Green is not that bad. CI did you read the posts previously, or just knee jerk off the one above?

Robinson definitely as good as Given, same attributes, both primarily shot stoppers. IF anything, Robinson more commanding and younger.

Rob Green is sh1te as is that lump Robinson.

I cannot comment on Butland. Don't know anything about him.

Wouldn't want Green but how anyone can say Robinson is not a good keeper after the last couple of years with Blackburn is beyond me.

I see the Boggies have offered £3m for Foster. At that price he would be a fantastic replacement for Given if Given went for £3m. We would be acquiring a keeper who is as good as Given, 6 years younger and he is already settled in the Midlands. I also think he seems to have a very strong personality.

I see the Boggies have offered £3m for Foster. At that price he would be a fantastic replacement for Given if Given went for £3m. We would be acquiring a keeper who is as good as Given, 6 years younger and he is already settled in the Midlands. I also think he seems to have a very strong personality.

Settled? He's originally from Leamington - so I imagine it isn't too difficult! Also childhood Villa fan I think.

Watched Butland training with the England squad, looked very, very impressive.

Thanks for shaping such a reasoned argument. I believe Villa are looking for a chief scout, pull your CV together! :lol: