Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

What we need is given to have 2 screamers for Eire now getting his fee up to about £4m

I'd say he wiped £1m off his sale price the other night

That first goal was very shaky

Really?! Surely after all the fantastic games he had for us last season then, his value must have shot up to at least £10mil going off the same reckoning??

Good shot stopper

Not good commanding area

Therefore not a top keeper

As hard as this is for me to type, we are not a TOP club though CI, Shay Given is a good fit for AVFC as we currently stand. Until we're ready/able to seriously challenge the top 6 again Given is one of the best options for us imo

Is he value for money though ??

We gave a lengthy contract on top wages to him which seems bizarre when we wouldn't give Friedel 2 years probably on less money

Then we let Guzan go who never let us down

What we need is given to have 2 screamers for Eire now getting his fee up to about £4m

Yeah, because one game is enough to completely change people's opinions of a player. He didn't even play particularly badly.

Besides, I can't see him leaving anyway. He's still a top goalkeeper, no rush to get rid of him just yet.

Yeah, because one game is enough to completely change people's opinions of a player.

Well, it is for some. :winkold:

I'd sell him then bring in foster Butland or Robbo

I appreciate that Butland is a top top prospect but surely we can't risk bringing in a goalkeeper that young and expect him to go straight into the 1st team?!

I appreciate that Butland is a top top prospect but surely we can't risk bringing in a goalkeeper that young and expect him to go straight into the 1st team?!

No, ideally comes in as back up for a year or two

No, ideally comes in as back up for a year or two

In which case i'm sure learning off Shay Given wouldn't be a bad thing?

Yeah it's an option for sure

But he won't learn about dominating his box

I'm not knocking shay but this was a very expensive McLeish deal, he pissed too much on a keeper when we needed that dollar elsewhere

Absolutely no need to sell Given, he's one of the classiest players we've got, complete nonsense spouted on here sometimes. There's holes all over the squad and we've got one of the best keepers in the Premiership, so why the hell would we look at replacing him?!

To be honest I'm really not bothered either way. If we bring in a young number 2 like Butland then there's no reason for Given to go. Though, if we're looking for a main keeper for the next 5-10 years I see no reason why we shouldn't sell Given and bring in someone like Foster. I like Given from what I know of him as a person, seems quite professional and is probably good for the dressing room.... so... I really don't care about this one.

people wanting to sign Butland as a backup really need to have a look at Siegrist first. Butland looks a great prospect and this has rightly been reflected in his england call up (which will have massively inflated his price) however we already have a great young keeper in Siegrist, he won the gold gloves at the under 20 world cup and has been outstanding for the reserves for several seasons now. Give the guy a chance before spending millions on a back up keeper when the money is desperately needed elsewhere.