Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

He was good last season but I have to wonder whether our vulnerability from set pieces is partly down to him? I know we were bad the season before but we seemed even worse last season.

^^ This

Given just doesnt seem to command/organise a defense like he should. Brilliant Shot Stopper but not a top quality Keeper who is in charge of the defense.

Its hard to tell how good a keeper is when your near the bottom of the league. They can sometimes appear better than they are due to the amount of saves they have to make each game. Its then hard to establish whether they are saves any keeper should make or outstanding saves due to the quality of the GK.

For me a good keeper is so much more than just a shot stopper and I have to agree with others that Given only seems to be very good at shot stopping. The rest of his abilities as a keeper are debatable. I personally feel we should have given Friedal the 2 years he wanted. Looked very assured for Spurs last year. I'm glad for him he was able to play for a quality team before he retired though.

Given is still a great keeper n my book, a gew average games for ireland does not chnage 12 phenominal season. I think he can be our number 1 for at least 3 more season, if we can keep him that is. If he does go to QPR, I would go for Green myself. Siegrest is good, seen him in a few reserve games, but he is not ready for the prem and to be honest it would be embaressing to think he is! We are better than that, c'mon!

Just becasue peopel are young, peopel always say to play them! Expect them to be amaizng, then thee are not and we say ship them off. Does my head in!

If we do sell Given , probably for around £3m-£4m, then we could sign Craig Gordon as he's a good keeper who is also a free agent.

I think if you looked up the term 'injury prone' in a dictionary the definition would be Craig Gordon.

We had a lucky escape a few years ago when he chose Sunderland over us and they spunked up around £8m to sign him. It could have been another MON bargain signing. Added to that when fit I think he has looked distinctly average.

As a few have said a new GK is not our area of priority. If we could get a decent defence in front of Given he would look a lot better.