Speculation: Given to QPR!

VillaGoMarching

Shay is not the Keeper that he was and clearly has fitness issues,however he did not let us down when he played last season and I think it is unfair to get on his back.

If he does not come upto scratch next season I am sure Lambert will replace him until then I think we should support the guy,it is unlikely that he will be leaving any time soon. The QPR story seems to have gone cold as Robert Green looks set to join them.

On the long contract....

5 years did seem way OTT but remember we gave Friedel a 3 year deal thinking he'd be ready to retire at the end of it so maybe the board thought it was better to offer one long one on just one wage rather than have to offer another one if Given's still able to play in 3 years?

If we can get Robinson from Blackburn I'd be happy to let Shay move on but one bad tournament doesn't make him a bad keeper. Given has a good couple of years left so let's not write him off just yet.

How quickly the worm turns.

Probably our best player last year. A couple of bad performances when he's unfit and playing behind the worst side in tournament history?

Give over. He'll be our number one next year and he'll do just fine. It's that fat drunk fecker that plays in front of him that is starting to concern me.

Robbo? Christ alive. One of the worst keepers in the prem. Think we should keep Given and regardless, I can't see anyone taking him off our hands for the kind of money we'd want.

He's been outstanding in the last couple of years - especially since he retired from international football. He was exceptional against us at Ewood Park last season.

Robbo? Christ alive. One of the worst keepers in the prem. Think we should keep Given and regardless, I can't see anyone taking him off our hands for the kind of money we'd want.

He's been outstanding in the last couple of years - especially since he retired from international football. He was exceptional against us at Ewood Park last season.

on the pitch he was one of main reasons Blackburn went down and only didnt get abuse as he was a fan favourite no thanks

As for Given he was wonderful last season and even Casillas or Buffon would struggle when half-fit and in a defence with Ward, St.Ledger and a disgraceful O'Shea.

He will probably retire now for Ireland which will leave him sharper and less travelling for Villa

on the pitch he was one of main reasons Blackburn went down and only didnt get abuse as he was a fan favourite no thanks

Simply not true.

Why would he be a fan favourite if he was amongst their worst players? That makes absolutely no sense.

I am not a huge fan of his, but I easily see that he has developed the last few years and has become a steady GK.

We may need a new keeper but as somebody already mentioned it is not one our main priorities at the moment. Being able too select a decent first 11 should be top of the agenda.

As for Robinson - I would literally cry if we signed him. Terrible Goalkeeper that is now playing at the correct level for him.